• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,572 posts in this topic

While we're talking about 10-centers, you really owe it to the thread to post the scan of your Showcase #4 again. cloud9.gif

I may have to start charging an appearance fee! yay.gif

721901-Showcase4.jpg

That's an awesome book!!! I just love those 10 cent DC's and that Showcase #4 is one of the best!!!

Here is one of my favorites. Not a Showcase #4, but still tough to find in high grade. This one is a 9.0 and the highest graded B&B #31 in the census!!!

721911-BB31.jpg

721911-BB31.jpg.9425c9ce144888c098ae52976d9cb537.jpg

While we're talking about 10-centers, you really owe it to the thread to post the scan of your Showcase #4 again. cloud9.gif

I may have to start charging an appearance fee! yay.gif

Damn Mark, if I ever have to do any work out of our DC office for any reason, I am stopping off at your house to see your collection! I don't care whether I'm welcome/invited or not! 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

Ten cent silver age books are cool, coming as they do from a time before the space race, the Bay of Pigs, and the wide exposure to color TV....

Sorry, I drifted off. Here is another great Kane cover of a flying GL in full battle action:

gl2.jpg

Did you only want Silver Age stuff? I forget if this counts. Brave and Bold #1:

B&B 1 is definitely SA. thumbsup2.gif I love that comic, I had a coverless copy when I was a kid and must have memorized the stories, I read them so many times.

Since no one else seems to care about your lame DC thread, I will help you out, buddy. Here is one of my DC 10-centers. It's a recent purchase from the LCS, where I paid the princely sum of $35 for it. yay.gif

Adventure Comics #289 (Legion Cameo) FFB 8.5 OW pages.

893whatthe.gif So despite my subtle hints, you're still participating in this thread! stooges.gif

That is a really sharp looking copy, why are you grading it out as a 8.5 only? Problems with the back cover?

Since no one else seems to care about your lame DC thread, I will help you out, buddy. Here is one of my DC 10-centers. It's a recent purchase from the LCS, where I paid the princely sum of $35 for it. yay.gif

893whatthe.gif So despite my subtle hints, you're still participating in this thread! stooges.gif

That is a really sharp looking copy, why are you grading it out as a 8.5 only? Problems with the back cover?

Primarily due to spine stress (non-color-breaking) and light surface impressions. With a press job, it might go 9.0, but it's no better than an 8.5. The scan doesn't really show the NCB stresses very well, although a back cover scan would probably make it easier to see them because of the slight breaks in the black spine line. I'll put up a back cover scan later.

I'll see what 10 cent issues I have when I get home. I could bore you with about 20 HG Atlas books, but I think I have a few DC's (since that seems to be the real topic of this thread).

Not at all Steve, I was just taking a poke at certain members who can't be named but whose name involves a guy who used to be a Congressman and married to Cher. Definitely do post your Atlases (or any other SA 10 centers)!

I'll see what 10 cent issues I have when I get home. I could bore you with about 20 HG Atlas books, but I think I have a few DC's (since that seems to be the real topic of this thread).

Not at all Steve, I was just taking a poke at certain members who can't be named but whose name involves a guy who used to be a Congressman and married to Cher. Definitely do post your Atlases (or any other SA 10 centers)!

You are dating yourself, you old fogey! 27_laughing.gif

Primarily due to spine stress (non-color-breaking) and light surface impressions. With a press job, it might go 9.0, but it's no better than an 8.5. The scan doesn't really show the NCB stresses very well, although a back cover scan would probably make it easier to see them because of the slight breaks in the black spine line. I'll put up a back cover scan later.

Too bad, I'd pay silly money for a 9.4 copy!

Tim - you have got some KILLER HG SA DC's there, buddy.......... cloud9.gif

Thanks BB, if I ever get a new scanner I'll post some more, particularly more Flashes. BTW, AWESOME run of Adventures! Those pre-300 Legion appearances are impossible to find in 9.4, and I would gladly pay silly money to anyone who's got any!

So many options, but it was more fun to attribute your name to Sonny Bono than Bono Vox...

So many options, but it was more fun to attribute your name to Sonny Bono than Bono Vox...

At least you didn't attribute it to Steve Bono, which is what everyone seems to think it is because of the football thing. Christo_pull_hair.gifscrewy.gif