• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Quick back story here, I work at a Harley dealership, and my office has quite a few comic books in it. It's one of my "pipe" dreams to have someone ask me, "Oh you like comic books, I've got a bunch in my basement....."you want em? I know, not likely.....anyways this guy comes in and is like, "Yeah my dad left me a bunch of old comics, but they are in Chicago, (I'm in Denver)" Then he proceeds to let me know he knows what they are worth, etc. etc. So I tell him if he ever needs any advice on them, what condition they are in etc. I'd really just like to see them. So a few months go by, kinda forgot about him, and he shows up with an accordian file and waves me over to come talk. I'm going nuts at this point and he proceeds to bust out X-Men #1 & 2, Avengers #1, Nick Fury #1, a few other randoms books and then he busts out the Hulk #1. I My heart is racing, I'm acting like a kid, he says to me, "I just wanted to show you, I'm not wanting to sell them." I sadly understand and don't want to be one of those guys, but I tell him that Hulk #1 is my one book I've aways wanted and never had, and I make him an offer, and by some work of the Lord I guess he accepts my offer because he can see how much it means to me and he liked knowing it was going to a good home. There is much more to the story but I condensed it for us busy types.....and after getting it back from CGC, here it is!

img293_zps48669b31.jpg

Happy as a clam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool story. So were the books OO to the dad? :)

Hi all!

I'm an admitted latecomer to this thread, but it's been great fun to see so many super copies of Hulk #1. I have just committed myself to acquiring all the big SA keys in mid-grade and have started with the following book!

Hulk1_zps7396cfac.jpg

I'm psyched to be part of this particular club...thanks for looking,

Dan

Congrats Dan ! I can't wait to see it in person

As cliche as it is, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy !

I couldn't be happier for you on obtaining such an incredible copy of an important book. Hulk 1 is my "obtainable" grail since Detective 27 won't happen....at least until tonight's Powerball drawing , which I plan on winning :devil:

Quick back story here, I work at a Harley dealership, and my office has quite a few comic books in it. It's one of my "pipe" dreams to have someone ask me, "Oh you like comic books, I've got a bunch in my basement....."you want em? I know, not likely.....anyways this guy comes in and is like, "Yeah my dad left me a bunch of old comics, but they are in Chicago, (I'm in Denver)" Then he proceeds to let me know he knows what they are worth, etc. etc. So I tell him if he ever needs any advice on them, what condition they are in etc. I'd really just like to see them. So a few months go by, kinda forgot about him, and he shows up with an accordian file and waves me over to come talk. I'm going nuts at this point and he proceeds to bust out X-Men #1 & 2, Avengers #1, Nick Fury #1, a few other randoms books and then he busts out the Hulk #1. I My heart is racing, I'm acting like a kid, he says to me, "I just wanted to show you, I'm not wanting to sell them." I sadly understand and don't want to be one of those guys, but I tell him that Hulk #1 is my one book I've aways wanted and never had, and I make him an offer, and by some work of the Lord I guess he accepts my offer because he can see how much it means to me and he liked knowing it was going to a good home. There is much more to the story but I condensed it for us busy types.....and after getting it back from CGC, here it is!

img293_zps48669b31.jpg

A big part of the joy we feel when we look at a big book is the background story on how we obtained it.

When I collected original art, I've had pieces that had so much bad mojo about them that I got no joy when I looked at them and would sell it.

This is the flip side and one of the things that you can't really put a price on.

Major Congtats Harley :applause:

img293_zps48669b31.jpg

cool story. So were the books OO to the dad? :)

Sorry, been away for a while, yes they were the Dad's OO collection. Without being greedy I wish the books were here in Colorado, I'd love to just see the whole collection.

German version zero are CGCed...pretty rare less than 3000 printed

_KGrHqVHJ_8FGnLZKZ_qBRufnCGp5Q_60_57_zps9444c801.jpg

Interesting. When was this printed? I'm guessing a couple years after the American version? Hulk is green. Has his trademark purple pants in the logo.

Not sure ill find out :)

German version zero are CGCed...pretty rare less than 3000 printed

_KGrHqVHJ_8FGnLZKZ_qBRufnCGp5Q_60_57_zps9444c801.jpg

Interesting. When was this printed? I'm guessing a couple years after the American version? Hulk is green. Has his trademark purple pants in the logo.

1974 germany

Finally joined this club. Been wanting to for a long time. Little color touch but I knew that when I bought it. Crease is in the bag not the book.

HULK3_zps24f1e74e.jpg

Welcome to the club. :applause:

+1 Its one of the best clubs to be in...and Hulk 1 is personally my favorite SA cover of the big keys.

Even though, I am already in the club, I still couldnt resist this Pence copy.

Only 18 Pence copies in the census compared to 942 US copies. Highest Pence copy in the census is a 6.5.

You've got a very rare book there.

These Pence copies WILL have their day. You were smart to pick it up.