• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Phantom Stranger #1 (1952)
2 2

185 posts in this topic

I would like to complete the short run of this series. I picked up a #1 some time ago but never picked up other copies. If I am not mistaken, #1 is a more common issue to locate. I see copies of it and also the other issues come up for sale. Below is my low grade copy.

Good luck :wishluck:

0701131942441.jpg

I would like to complete the short run of this series. I picked up a #1 some time ago but never picked up other copies. If I am not mistaken, #1 is a more common issue to locate. I see copies of it and also the other issues come up for sale. Below is my low grade copy.

0701131942441.jpg

:applause:

Hope you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?

I really don't remember since it has been a while but looking at GPA, I see the sale recorded which was back in 2008 with a sale price of $359. A 6.0 sold for $721 back in Feb, 2012 which was the most recent recorded sale for a #1.

There are 32 copies on the census - 4 of which are restored.

Metro usually has a copy or two for sale. They also come up on Comic Link fairly often. It's typically an over guide book for mid grade copies but not by much.

Off the six issues, I found No. 5 to be the hardest to locate and would love to upgrade in the future.

I think that I've got a group shot somewhere in my photobucket...

Off the six issues, I found No. 5 to be the hardest to locate

true (thumbs u

Off the six issues, I found No. 5 to be the hardest to locate

true (thumbs u

Apparently, issue #5 did not sell well. Here are just a few of my remaindered copies.

th_PS05-c1.jpg th_PS05-c2.jpg th_PS05-c3.jpg th_PS05-c4.jpg th_PS05-c5.jpg

:ohnoez:

Metro usually has a copy or two for sale. They also come up on Comic Link fairly often. It's typically an over guide book for mid grade copies but not by much.

Off the six issues, I found No. 5 to be the hardest to locate and would love to upgrade in the future.

Gene Carpenter (All American Comics) out of the mid east has a real pretty 5 right now..... he does a lot of weekend shows ..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Gene Carpenter (All American Comics) out of the mid east has a real pretty 5 right now..... he does a lot of weekend shows ..... GOD BLESS....

Jimbo, does he have a web site I can contact him at?

...... no, but I'll ask him if it's OK to share his email with you..... GOD BLESS....

...... no, but I'll ask him if it's OK to share his email with you..... GOD BLESS....

Thanks!

0701131942441.jpg

:applause:

Hope you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?

A friend of mine recently sold a copy in similar shape, raw, for $ 900 on the show circuit. He doesn't submit data to GSA..... his sales are almost all raw. GOD BLESS.....

P.S. OSPG in Fine for # 1 is around $ 600..... which is kind of weak if you consider what you're getting. Personally.... I would LOVE to see the lone 9.4 on the census.....

P.S.S. Harley Yee has a couple nice midgrade copies of 2, 3, and 4 (I think) on eBay.......

Edited by jimjum12