• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The triumphant return of googly moogly :applause:

Povertyrow is soooo much better though. :whistle:

Nope - not falling for it this time! (tsk)lol

So...I've gotten used to calling you POV.

What do we call you now?

GGM, Goog, Moog, just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I am still calling him POV. If your Uncle Charlie becomes Aunt Claire, you can respect the decision and the change, but chances are you are still gonna call him Uncle Charlie.

I am still calling him POV. If your Uncle Charlie becomes Aunt Claire, you can respect the decision and the change, but chances are you are still gonna call him Uncle Charlie.

Then it's settled then.

I will call him Uncle Charlie.

I was hoping for Mooga. "Why?" you may ask. Because one cannot search on "Pov" due to having only three characters. Makes it harder to see if someone was addressing me or referring to me or talking about me in a negative way designed to enhance their calm.

Then it's settled then.

lollollol

I was hoping for Mooga. "Why?" you may ask. Because one cannot search on "Pov" due to having only three characters. Makes it harder to see if someone was addressing me or referring to me or talking about me in a negative way designed to enhance their calm.

Then it's settled then.

lollollol

lol

Great post!

Then it's settled then.

lollollol

lol

Great post!

+1

Can I put Ashcan Press on the PL yet?

He had this selling thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=6663512&Searchpage=1&Main=297872&Words=ashcanpress&topic=0&Search=true#Post6663512

and his last response to me on May 3 of

"Thanks for writing. Yeah, the webstore shipping stuff has some kinks in it. I set aside 10 books for you and I will figure out what shipping is on them and get back to you this weekend. Do you have a paypal account and we can just do it that way? Let me know. And thanks so much man.-Matthew"

was responded to 7 times, all unanswered.

Did you pay him? Have you sent him the PM saying you've put his name up here?

He started a selling thread saying "go to my website".

I went to his website and sent him this message,

"Hi Matthew!

I noticed you post on the CGC Boards. I was given a copy of your book from a friend who bought it in Chicago. I like it. I would be interested in buying 10 copies of the variant if possible. When I try to buy them on the Ashcanpress website it charges $30 shipping for 6 books to Canada - is there anyway to get a lower shipping cost?

And - are there copies signed by Ghostface Killah available?

/ Jimmy Linguini on the CGC Boards "

He said

"Hey Alex,

Thanks for writing. Yeah, the webstore shipping stuff has some kinks in it. I set aside 10 books for you and I will figure out what shipping is on them and get back to you this weekend. Do you have a paypal account and we can just do it that way? Let me know. And thanks so much man.-Matthew"

The book I was to buy 10 of for $10 each, now sells for $50 to $70 and his website says sold out.

You have to send him a PM saying that he is being nominated to the PL, and if he doesn't respond in the appropriate time, then he goes on.

I doubt he is going to care, or be back, but that is what it is.

And isnt part of the PL about giving the offender an opportunity to "make it right"?

If no money changed hands, he cant give a refund.

If he has no more books from the printing he cant fulfill the discussed order that was never consummated with payment.

Linguini what are you looking for him to do?

And isnt part of the PL about giving the offender an opportunity to "make it right"?

If no money changed hands, he cant give a refund.

If he has no more books from the printing he cant fulfill the discussed order that was never consummated with payment.

Linguini what are you looking for him to do?

I'd be good with an apology and an explanation, but an actual explanation.

Screenshot2013-06-06at102155AM_zps70d3ecd5.png

also, I posted in the twelve ways to die thread like a two weeks ago about this. I assume Matt knows....

Moral dilemma: do I disclose trimming on a book that was undisclosed if I'm not the seller?

I checked with mod Architecht, and he suggested that I post my dilemma in this thread, and let the community decide what action to take.

Some months ago, I met a user on these boards to view some books for sale. By the pictures that were sent to me, I detected trimming on one of them. When I saw the books, I was certain there was trimming. I told him there was trimming, and he resigned himself to the fact that he'd overpaid for the book. He wasn't ready to sell at the restored price, so he kept it.

Fast forward to now. The user put up his books for sale, and the trimmed book was one of the offerings. Pictures in the thread were large, and no grade was given. I PMed him to ask if he'd disclose in the thread that the book was trimmed. He replied that it wasn't trimmed at all. I PMed one of the sellers on the boards who I've dealt with before, and he confirmed that the book appears to be trimmed. The book has since sold, and I feel terrible.

The boards seem like a place of full disclosure and good faith. Do I have the right to PM the buyer and warn him that he bought a trimmed book? Do I have the obligation to tell him, or should the buyer beware? Maybe he knows and bought it anyway. I just don't know.

What should I do?

I'd PM the buyer and let him know I and others suspect the thing is trimmed.

+1

If the buyer already suspects the book is trimmed, he likely factored it into his purchase decision. But, since it wasn't disclosed, we can't assume that the buyer knows, especially since the seller didn't disclose it.

I'd PM the buyer and let him know I and others suspect the thing is trimmed.

Me, too. It appears as if the seller is trying to take advantage of the buyer, so in my view the seller has nothing to complain about if you PM the buyer.