• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date Stamp Want List?
2 2

176 posts in this topic

Has anyone here ever tried to compile/maintain a list of members who are interested in particular date stamps (maybe even on particular books)?

I ask because, someone PMed me asking about a book I recently purchased that I posted (which had a date stamp) checking to see what the exact stamp was. It ended up not being a match (thought a 13 was an 18 and had hopes, but alas), but it got me thinking "I'll keep an eye out for this date stamp on this book if I come across it in the future".

Now I know some people keep an eye out for books with their birthdate stamp, and maybe even target certain books they want with that stamp. And I wondered if more eyes were better.

I spend way more time looking at books than actually buying and I thought if I came across a date stamp someone was on the lookout for it'd be pretty sweet to help them make a connection.

Anything like this been attempted before?

This is a champion idea!

Personally, I like date stamps - even if it's not my birthdate - I think they are cool. But yeah, a March 18, 1973 date stamp would have been awesome.

Edit:

March 18, 1973 on any Marvel book, any condition.

Has anyone here ever tried to compile/maintain a list of members who are interested in particular date stamps (maybe even on particular books)?

There's an old thread/want list of people looking for specific date stamps. Give me a minute to find it.

Is There a "Looking for a Specific Date Stamp" Thread?

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

OK, baring this happening in the past. Here's what you do.

3 pieces of info

1. List your target date stamp

2. Flexability on the stamp (is your heart set on exact Month, day, year? Month & year ok? Month and day ok even if its not the target year)

3. If there is a key title/publisher/genre you would want to see it on (special look out for ____).

Here's Me

1. Feb 6, 1975

2. Flexible on stamp (Feb 6 or Feb 75)

3. Green Lantern/Green Lantern appearances

There's an old thread/want list of people looking for specific date stamps. Give me a minute to find it.

Is There a "Looking for a Specific Date Stamp" Thread?

Sweet. I may use that thread as a jumping off point...

Here's me :

1. March 21, 1972

2. Not flexible on the stamp.

3. Anything would be great!

Peace,

Chip

Thanks!

I'm also gonna post some notes to help people narrow down time frames for books...

ie.

For Charleton early 70s books seem to be +4 months or so: Books with September publish dates, have March date stamps.

Marvel early 70s seems to be 2 months: Books with April publish dates have Jan date stamps

Marvel late 60s seems to also be +4 months: Books with March publish dates have prior December date stamps

DC early 60s seems to be tighter to 2 months: Books with July publish dates have May date stamps.

Harvey Mid 60 also has 4 month span: Books with October publish date have Late June (possibly early July?) date stamps

PM me if anyone has a date stamp of an Amazing Spider-man with a June 30th date stamp.

Edited by Buzzetta

I've been searching for this for awhile. I even put up a WTB thread about it with no luck. My date:

May 9, 1973

I'm not flexible on the date, but I don't care what book it is on. Because of the aforementioned ease in faking this, I would only want to get these books from people I already trust. But that does include some of the folks here, amazingly enough, so there you go. (thumbs u

As far as I have been able to determine, no books were distributed on May 9, 1973. However, DC and Marvel both released books on May 8. I have found books with a May 8, 1973 date stamp. So what I am looking for is a comic released on May 8 that wasn't stamped until May 9. Obviously, that makes things even more difficult, but I know it is possible because I have found May 8 books stamped with dates as late as May 17. Because of this delay, it's even possible that books release in late April may not have been stamped until May 9.

I suspect I will never find a book with this date stamp, but I have to think somewhere out in this huge world, such a thing does exist.

:wishluck: