Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#6691465 - 05/14/13 04:48 PM 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Ga.

Might want to look into this if you are into low worldwide mintage ... 7,500 worldwide. Well there is only 7,498 available now I know for sure.

Kinda pricey @ $99.95 but I doubt they will be found in stock anywhere else for less and no shipping fees.

Link to MCW Canadian Eagle Low Mintage.

<>Bill<>

You can always tell who the Numismatist is. They are the ones picking up pennies in the parking lot....

Personal Web Site

#6696225 - 05/16/13 07:01 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

The RCM sold out in two hours. Although this Eagle actually looks like a Chicken it is the first in a series of low mintage coins and this first one will probably be referred to as the 'Chicken Eagle' one day. Sounds like more money to me.

I am up to 4. Maybe I can corner the market. hm

<>Bill<>

You can always tell who the Numismatist is. They are the ones picking up pennies in the parking lot....

Personal Web Site

#6696340 - 05/16/13 08:24 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

Now I see that SilverTowne has them as well. They are also shipping NGC Slabbed PF70UC for $139.00 with S/H included.

Now I am up to 6..... Well on my way to making a dent in that 7,500 mintage. ;\)

SilverTowne Slabs

Edited by wdrob (05/16/13 08:25 AM)

<>Bill<>

Personal Web Site

#6708380 - 05/20/13 12:15 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

Well I don't think I can corner the market but I am off to a good start. They are increasingly selling out at the major dealers.

I still have 2 PCGS PF70 DCAM's yet to come. I guess 10 is a good start.

<>Bill<>

Personal Web Site

#6732629 - 05/28/13 08:46 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
ARCY Offline
Just got here

From what I viewed on a live Television Show (The Coin Vault.com) about a week and a half ago, I believe that they got the entire US Distribution exclusive. They were presented by a member of the Royal Canadian Mint on the show about a month early to assist in the 25th Anniversary celebration on TV. The remaining three versions are coming on Aug 13th (Lifelong Mates), Sep 10th ( Returning from the Hunt), and the final one on Oct 8th (Mother Protecting Her Eaglets). Anyone purchasing one of the first coins from 'The Coin Vault' will get a preferential phone call to obtain a like number of following issues before being offered to the general public.

By the way, I got 2 of the 70s. (so far)

Edited by ARCY (05/28/13 08:47 PM)

#6739727 - 05/31/13 03:24 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: ARCY]
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

Thanks for that info. I was not sure what the release schedule was going to be.

If you are talking about that Coin Shopping Television Channel then there goes the neighborhood. I will not but anything from a TV Channel. Never have; Never will.

I think they will have some at the places I get them just as they did this time. I just need to make sure I have some cash ready when they appear. I made a good bit of money selling my excess inventory marked up considerably. PCGS, of-course, sold out first then the NGC's started moving. All that is left it would seem are the 69's and they will sit on those for a long time. I have one NGC MS70 Slab left and 5 OGP's I think (not counting what I kept for myself).

Hell of a lot more exciting issue than the ASE's feeble attempts to reinvigorate enthusiasm in the Eagle.... I guess 30 + Million mintage is just not enough for the US Government.

<>Bill<>

Personal Web Site

#6788018 - 06/17/13 09:41 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
ARCY Offline
Just got here

Hi again,
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, but other things take priority. I fully understand your hesitancy about buying from TV Shows (and I'm usually the same), however this is a reputable dealer in TN, just south of Nashville. Has been in business for quite some years (25 to be exact) and I have bought from them on several occasions. You can call direct, order from their website, etc. I have been ordering from their website on the last several purchases. Not always the cheapest, but quality service. I don't have anything to do with them on a business basis, just a customer, I like to refer quality businesses when I run across them. My 2 PF70 UCAMs are gorgeous, and I can't wait to get the others when available. The few I have seen being sold recently have been from just under $200 to a little over. Not many being sold yet though.
Just wanted to share my thoughts.

#6788540 - 06/18/13 03:09 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: ARCY]
wdrob Offline
Chatzilla

I sold them all I had bought except for two remaining. One in OGP and one in PF69DCAM PCGS. I kept one OGP anf one PR70DCAM PCGS for myself. I won't buy another 69 since they didn't move well at all. I bought 2 and only one has sold. I marked the other down considerably as well as the last OGP I have and they sit on my web site waiting.

I am looking forward to the next release I think you said was mid August. I am going to focus more on just making sure I get an entire set for myself but I might buy some extras once again but only in 70's. Those flew off the shelf at nearly twice the bought price.

<>Bill<>

Personal Web Site

#6789551 - 06/18/13 02:37 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
johnny9434 Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

I do not buy from the tv people. You are more then welcome to my share. jmo
#6791776 - 06/19/13 10:48 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
world colonial Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

I think coins like these are over rated and I am not sure that a mintage of 7500 is really that low. It is low in absolute terms especially by modern standards but this must be considered in the context that it is not a US coin. How scarce is it compared to other alternatives which probably include at least those from the UK and Australia?

Even at $100 ungraded, I think it is probably overpriced. The 1911-2011 KGV 100th anniversary proof set I told you about in a prior post, I think both the silver dollar and the set are a lot more desirable and appeal to a bigger audience than any of these. At least for me, it is a set I would like to own and I do not collect Canadian coins at all and almost never buy anything outside of my "core" series.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1, jrich, cgcmod8 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Gold and Silver Certificate for Sale
by Ugakoivet
08:01 AM
WTB; PCGS/NGC Mercury dimes 1929 PDS through 1945 PDS
by cucamongacoin
02:17 AM
Silver Eagle, Maple 1oz, Shield Nickel, 3 Cent, Seated Liberty Quarts &
by FlipofaCoin
10:06 PM
$20 FOLDOVER ERROR. MUST SEE
by BRIAN339
07:09 PM
Comics Marketplace
FS "the walking dead", tony moore commission
by msr
NM 98 Sale Thread
by KDUK
07:53 AM
Detective #85 CGC 8.0 (Joker) and Showcase #31 Highest Graded Copy (Aquaman)
by nearmint
02:57 AM
ASM 129 9.4 STAN LEE SS
by littlebill
11:25 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.