Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#6691465 - 05/14/13 04:48 PM 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA
wdrob Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Ga.

Might want to look into this if you are into low worldwide mintage ... 7,500 worldwide. Well there is only 7,498 available now I know for sure.

Kinda pricey @ $99.95 but I doubt they will be found in stock anywhere else for less and no shipping fees.

Link to MCW Canadian Eagle Low Mintage.

<>Bill<>

You can always tell who the Numismatist is. They are the ones picking up pennies in the parking lot....

Website

#6696225 - 05/16/13 07:01 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline

The RCM sold out in two hours. Although this Eagle actually looks like a Chicken it is the first in a series of low mintage coins and this first one will probably be referred to as the 'Chicken Eagle' one day. Sounds like more money to me.

I am up to 4. Maybe I can corner the market. hm

<>Bill<>

You can always tell who the Numismatist is. They are the ones picking up pennies in the parking lot....

Website

#6696340 - 05/16/13 08:24 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline

Now I see that SilverTowne has them as well. They are also shipping NGC Slabbed PF70UC for $139.00 with S/H included.

Now I am up to 6..... Well on my way to making a dent in that 7,500 mintage. ;\)

SilverTowne Slabs

Edited by wdrob (05/16/13 08:25 AM)

<>Bill<>

Website

#6708380 - 05/20/13 12:15 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
wdrob Offline

Well I don't think I can corner the market but I am off to a good start. They are increasingly selling out at the major dealers.

I still have 2 PCGS PF70 DCAM's yet to come. I guess 10 is a good start.

<>Bill<>

Website

#6732629 - 05/28/13 08:46 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
ARCY Offline
Just got here

From what I viewed on a live Television Show (The Coin Vault.com) about a week and a half ago, I believe that they got the entire US Distribution exclusive. They were presented by a member of the Royal Canadian Mint on the show about a month early to assist in the 25th Anniversary celebration on TV. The remaining three versions are coming on Aug 13th (Lifelong Mates), Sep 10th ( Returning from the Hunt), and the final one on Oct 8th (Mother Protecting Her Eaglets). Anyone purchasing one of the first coins from 'The Coin Vault' will get a preferential phone call to obtain a like number of following issues before being offered to the general public.

By the way, I got 2 of the 70s. (so far)

Edited by ARCY (05/28/13 08:47 PM)

#6739727 - 05/31/13 03:24 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: ARCY]
wdrob Offline

Thanks for that info. I was not sure what the release schedule was going to be.

If you are talking about that Coin Shopping Television Channel then there goes the neighborhood. I will not but anything from a TV Channel. Never have; Never will.

I think they will have some at the places I get them just as they did this time. I just need to make sure I have some cash ready when they appear. I made a good bit of money selling my excess inventory marked up considerably. PCGS, of-course, sold out first then the NGC's started moving. All that is left it would seem are the 69's and they will sit on those for a long time. I have one NGC MS70 Slab left and 5 OGP's I think (not counting what I kept for myself).

Hell of a lot more exciting issue than the ASE's feeble attempts to reinvigorate enthusiasm in the Eagle.... I guess 30 + Million mintage is just not enough for the US Government.

<>Bill<>

Website

#6788018 - 06/17/13 09:41 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
ARCY Offline
Just got here

Hi again,
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, but other things take priority. I fully understand your hesitancy about buying from TV Shows (and I'm usually the same), however this is a reputable dealer in TN, just south of Nashville. Has been in business for quite some years (25 to be exact) and I have bought from them on several occasions. You can call direct, order from their website, etc. I have been ordering from their website on the last several purchases. Not always the cheapest, but quality service. I don't have anything to do with them on a business basis, just a customer, I like to refer quality businesses when I run across them. My 2 PF70 UCAMs are gorgeous, and I can't wait to get the others when available. The few I have seen being sold recently have been from just under $200 to a little over. Not many being sold yet though.
Just wanted to share my thoughts.

#6788540 - 06/18/13 03:09 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: ARCY]
wdrob Offline

I sold them all I had bought except for two remaining. One in OGP and one in PF69DCAM PCGS. I kept one OGP anf one PR70DCAM PCGS for myself. I won't buy another 69 since they didn't move well at all. I bought 2 and only one has sold. I marked the other down considerably as well as the last OGP I have and they sit on my web site waiting.

I am looking forward to the next release I think you said was mid August. I am going to focus more on just making sure I get an entire set for myself but I might buy some extras once again but only in 70's. Those flew off the shelf at nearly twice the bought price.

<>Bill<>

Website

#6789551 - 06/18/13 02:37 PM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
johnny9434 Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

I do not buy from the tv people. You are more then welcome to my share. jmo
#6791776 - 06/19/13 10:48 AM Re: 2013 Canada Silver Bald Eagle Portrait of Power 1oz Proof with OGP and COA [Re: wdrob]
world colonial Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

I think coins like these are over rated and I am not sure that a mintage of 7500 is really that low. It is low in absolute terms especially by modern standards but this must be considered in the context that it is not a US coin. How scarce is it compared to other alternatives which probably include at least those from the UK and Australia?

Even at $100 ungraded, I think it is probably overpriced. The 1911-2011 KGV 100th anniversary proof set I told you about in a prior post, I think both the silver dollar and the set are a lot more desirable and appeal to a bigger audience than any of these. At least for me, it is a set I would like to own and I do not collect Canadian coins at all and almost never buy anything outside of my "core" series.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Keith Zaner, ccgmod1, jrich, cgcmod8, ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
FSH: Talers and Ancients
by Zo444
45 minutes 47 seconds ago
FSE: $0.99 No Reserve Huge GRADED Morgan collection - CHERRY PICK, STEAL THESE!
by McMac
Yesterday at 01:31 PM
Bryce Brown Numismatic Literature Mail Bid Sale closes March 5, 2016
by preturb
Yesterday at 09:37 AM
FS: 1963-D Franklin. Crazy toning. Added 1963 Cameo Proof Franklin.
by agentjim007
Yesterday at 09:15 AM
Comics Marketplace
The CDaBruce Copper and Modern Explosion
by CDaBruce
29 minutes 51 seconds ago
Ebay Ending Sunday 14th .99 Starts Silver Etc...... MAKEANOFFERCOMICS
by JB123
50 minutes 19 seconds ago
Fight Club 2 #1 Chicago Comics Variant signed by Chuck Palahniuk (11 copies)
by archiefan
Today at 07:30 PM
X-Men 40 CGC 7.5 First Marvel Frankenstein and Origin Cyclops $100 shipped
by KryptoMayor
Today at 07:09 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.