• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

An update on the JIM 83 saga.

The last message I got from Dillon was on the 22nd of April.

Give it a few more days, Ill initiate a paypoal funds transfer and if nothing Ill issue you a refund via paypal. Ill check at the post office tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Still no sign of the book and my messages since the 22nd are still unread.

There was the recent "For EBay" signing and in that case can you hold the facilitator responsible at all?
From what I heard, the person signing was being a total *Fill in blank here*.

Which is why I picked the example. Clearly no fault of the facilitator but the result is undesirable. If the facilitator got the book signed in the wrong colour for example through his own doing would you expect compensation?

I can't say that I've ever seen ANY SS facilitator offer a guarantee on the color of a signature. I'm not saying it's never happened but I can't see anyone putting it out there as guaranteed. 2c

That's true.

From my experience there has been more than one creator with a touch of OCD or was a germ-o-phobe and would only use his own marker. That's just one of the many possible things that can happen when trying to get books signed.

Jim Starlin is allergic to certain types of pens.

Hi All,

At the beginning of April (or there about) I had asked that member jaspersk be placed on the PL. My original post is here (near bottom of page) My Original Post

He was added to the list on April 7. I hadn't heard a thing from jaspersk and then on April 27th I got an email from Pay Pal saying that he had paid me for the book. At that point the book was donated to the charity thread for Fazybones. So, I immediately refunded the money and sent him a PM explaining again the actions that I took and that the book was gone and money refunded. He responded apologizing for the mix up and that he had simply forgotten about the sale.

My thoughts are to ask that he be removed from the PL. I have to assume that he made an honest mistake and give him the benefit of the doubt. All of this could have been avoided had he responded to any of my PMs.

Thoughts?

Hi All,

At the beginning of April (or there about) I had asked that member jaspersk be placed on the PL. My original post is here (near bottom of page) My Original Post

He was added to the list on April 7. I hadn't heard a thing from jaspersk and then on April 27th I got an email from Pay Pal saying that he had paid me for the book. At that point the book was donated to the charity thread for Fazybones. So, I immediately refunded the money and sent him a PM explaining again the actions that I took and that the book was gone and money refunded. He responded apologizing for the mix up and that he had simply forgotten about the sale.

My thoughts are to ask that he be removed from the PL. I have to assume that he made an honest mistake and give him the benefit of the doubt. All of this could have been avoided had he responded to any of my PMs.

Thoughts?

It seems reasonable for him to be removed. If the aggrieved party is satisfied, usually everything is good to go for removal.

I am nominating Wushugushu(Simon Lee) to the probation list regarding a Nowhere Men #1 TB 9.8 he agreed to purchase and pay for 30 days ago. A previous PM I sent him at that time has gone unread as well as an email sent to his personal address that has gone unanswered.

I will send him another PM today to notify him of the nomination. After that, I will be more than happy to remove him if I sell the book for the same price we had agreed upon or if it sells for lower, the difference in the two amounts is paid by him.

If the PM's have gone unread, I hope that everything is ok. :shrug:

Or he just have the PM's sent to his email, screens them and ignores them. Just saying...

You can do that?

Simon is a good guy. There is no way he would leave the boards just to screw everyone he had deals with. Something must have happened :(

If the PM's have gone unread, I hope that everything is ok. :shrug:

Or he just have the PM's sent to his email, screens them and ignores them. Just saying...

That's what I do. I mean....it's possible. :whistle:

Give it a few more days, Ill initiate a paypoal funds transfer and if nothing Ill issue you a refund via paypal. Ill check at the post office tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Evidently he sold me the same JIM 83 two weeks ago. Paid via Paypal. No word since.

:censored:

Evidently he sold me the same JIM 83 two weeks ago. Paid via Paypal. No word since.

:o

Sounds like another HOSer! :facepalm:

Ouch!