• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Great book bomber-bob. I just joined the club too :), although its not as high grade as yours but presents well. Thanks Dark-Knight for the great book.

hulk1_zpsd8d05024.jpg

Indeed, it presents very well. Doesn't look 2.5 at all, detached cover or something ?

The cover colors are strong. Congrats. (thumbs u

Great book bomber-bob. I just joined the club too :), although its not as high grade as yours but presents well. Thanks Dark-Knight for the great book.

hulk1_zpsd8d05024.jpg

Indeed, it presents very well. Doesn't look 2.5 at all, detached cover or something ?

The cover colors are strong. Congrats. (thumbs u

Wow.....That book does not look like a 2.5 copy. Congrats! :applause:

Looks like the cover is split from the bottom left corner going upwards about halfway. That's all I can tell when I looked at it closely. Thanks guys. This is my favorite SA book and glad I finally got it :whee:

Congrats again Matt! You got yourself a beautiful Hulk 1 book! :applause: I am again officially off the club :cry:

I really envy your beautiful 2.5 nismo!! That is exactly what I am looking for, trying to find something in the 1.8-2.5 range with decent eye appeal. I am having a really hard time finding one for a decent price other than these astronomical BIN ebay examples. If I can find one for GPA, I will be happy...I'd appreciate a PM if anyone knows of one for sale.

Quick back story here, I work at a Harley dealership, and my office has quite a few comic books in it. It's one of my "pipe" dreams to have someone ask me, "Oh you like comic books, I've got a bunch in my basement....."you want em? I know, not likely.....anyways this guy comes in and is like, "Yeah my dad left me a bunch of old comics, but they are in Chicago, (I'm in Denver)" Then he proceeds to let me know he knows what they are worth, etc. etc. So I tell him if he ever needs any advice on them, what condition they are in etc. I'd really just like to see them. So a few months go by, kinda forgot about him, and he shows up with an accordian file and waves me over to come talk. I'm going nuts at this point and he proceeds to bust out X-Men #1 & 2, Avengers #1, Nick Fury #1, a few other randoms books and then he busts out the Hulk #1. I My heart is racing, I'm acting like a kid, he says to me, "I just wanted to show you, I'm not wanting to sell them." I sadly understand and don't want to be one of those guys, but I tell him that Hulk #1 is my one book I've aways wanted and never had, and I make him an offer, and by some work of the Lord I guess he accepts my offer because he can see how much it means to me and he liked knowing it was going to a good home. There is much more to the story but I condensed it for us busy types.....and after getting it back from CGC, here it is!

img293_zps48669b31.jpg

Happy as a clam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick back story here, I work at a Harley dealership, and my office has quite a few comic books in it. It's one of my "pipe" dreams to have someone ask me, "Oh you like comic books, I've got a bunch in my basement....."you want em? I know, not likely.....anyways this guy comes in and is like, "Yeah my dad left me a bunch of old comics, but they are in Chicago, (I'm in Denver)" Then he proceeds to let me know he knows what they are worth, etc. etc. So I tell him if he ever needs any advice on them, what condition they are in etc. I'd really just like to see them. So a few months go by, kinda forgot about him, and he shows up with an accordian file and waves me over to come talk. I'm going nuts at this point and he proceeds to bust out X-Men #1 & 2, Avengers #1, Nick Fury #1, a few other randoms books and then he busts out the Hulk #1. I My heart is racing, I'm acting like a kid, he says to me, "I just wanted to show you, I'm not wanting to sell them." I sadly understand and don't want to be one of those guys, but I tell him that Hulk #1 is my one book I've aways wanted and never had, and I make him an offer, and by some work of the Lord I guess he accepts my offer because he can see how much it means to me and he liked knowing it was going to a good home. There is much more to the story but I condensed it for us busy types.....and after getting it back from CGC, here it is!

img293_zps48669b31.jpg

Happy as a clam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Troy, just finished applauding your Showcase #22 and now this.

Welcome to the club man, lovely book and background story :cloud9: