• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Releases September of this year

"A band of four women, a human, a dwarf, a hobbit and an elf, form an adventuring party to kill monsters and party with the rewards."

5 Page preview enjoy!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16296

prv16296_cov.jpg

Kurtis J. Wiebe talked to Comic Book Resources about his upcoming series RAT QUEENS!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45135

:eek:

First page: "Smells Like Troll ." :facepalm:

Perhaps he was trying to set expectations incredibly low so he could build. :wishluck:

Well this has been productive :facepalm:

To be fair it's difficult to have a thread that's entirely worship for a book that hasn't been released yet. Given the preview posted it's even more difficult.

The writer's done some quality work on PP, that doesn't mean every swing will result in the ball leaving the yard.

I liked the art, but the writing was sophomoric. A book about four female fantasy characters that talk like high school boys might be someone's cup of tea, though

I liked the art, but the writing was sophomoric. A book about four female fantasy characters that talk like high school boys might be someone's cup of tea, though

That basically sums up my entire writing career, really. Every book I do is definitely not someone's cup of tea. But that's ok, as long as it's someone's cuppa, I'm happy.

This is going to be in line with shows like Buffy and Angel, mostly silly but overarching stories for some drama. There are plots that we drop in the first few issues that won't pay off for years, but will slowly build over time.

Although, this WILL be more episodic than most of my other work, rather than being written to be read as a whole 5 issue arc at at time.

And yeah, this book could suck, but both Roc and I ware pretty excited about it so at least we'll be having fun and have a lot of passion while we do it. Hopefully we'll get some fans along the way and we can keep at it a few years.

Thanks for posting the thread!

My daughter will like it. She's 25, a hippy-dippy-trippy, and likes to drink until she passes out.

Excellent. That's an audience I definitely want for the series. ;)

No new announcements at SDCC unfortunately. But, we are doing a series of weekly webcomics starting in June that will run until the series launch in September via Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/RatQueens