• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

User said he never had PayPal.
That is a lie! (thumbs u

User lies about paypal. Buyer pays using a method that provides zero protection. Book hasn't shown. Seller doesn't provide tracking # on a high value book. Seller ignores questions repeatedly and now seems to be MIA. This looks very bad.

Looking at the lengthy probation list and HOS is disturbing. There are many positive transactions here but more and more I think this is becoming a dangerous place to buy and sell. I think it is time that we require sellers to belong to the boards for a fixed period of time and make a minimum # of posts or have a long standing member vouch for them..

Perhaps write it into our Usage Guidelines and post a warning if someone who hasn't met the criteria starts a sales thread. Like this:

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #s (FILL IN SOME NUMBERS HERE. OR DON'T. LET'S FACE IT DIGGING UP RULE NUMBERS IS ACTUALLY WORK.)

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Bravo Dave,total agreement from me. :applause:

Did you get your book yet Joseph?

Its odd as hell that others received their books but yet you haven't and he's apparently refusing to provide you tracking. Between that and the fact he asked you to use WU not PP when others paid via PP is very, VERY suspicious.

Sorry man, i hope you get your book or money back :wishluck:

Really not odd, as many scammers use the the same business model (see Ponzi, etc.) It's akin to whatshisface giving refunds to any dissatisfied customer for his photoshopped/trimmed/cracked-out-restored books . . . :eek:

How do I nominate someone to be put on the HOS list? Does sending a book not in the condition advertised warrant this? The person will not respond to my messages either but I see him interacting on the msg boards with other members. Its been almost a month and I have PM'd him several times with no response. Boardie is Zombizzy

Well this deal is very old about a year now but I would like to add John Gordon aka JohnnyG to the hall off shame for failure to complete a deal worth about $1000 bucks in books he was supposed to sub for me and books purchased from his last selling thread and some offered via PM.

These are the books involved

Books I sent to him to be subbed for me

Actions #341

Action #370

Uncle Scrooge #26

GS Invaders #1

Donald duck/Four color #408

Witching Hour #13

Tec #457

ASM #100

HOM# 200

Books sold to him from my sale thread to defer cost of a submission to the other books to cgc.

Classic #2 and #5

World's finest #177

DC special #4

AA men of War #108

Hulk #202

Shazam #28

Books I paid for but never received

a BA action (can't remember the number but it is a cardy cover with supes and a boy with crutches)

Kid eternity #15

GS x-men #1

Batman #199

Bats #223

Last contact via the cgc boards was 03/28/12 04:17 PM we did talk on the phone during this whole process and a while afterwords but his calls became less frequent as the time went by he stopped calling altogether and my call to the number came back the number is no longer available.

These are some of the things that happened according to him

He had moved from BC

He said he could no longer long into his account

He was ill and was having trouble with his medication ( and for all I know he has passed on.)

He was apparently in contact with both Harley Yee and Jamie graham. (These guys have nothing to do with this deal but he mentioned many conversations he had with them)

He lost a family member an aunt I believe.

He was managing a club in Toronto after he relocated

And finally without saying to much I have asked if anybody has had any contact with him but unfortunately nothing has turned up

All in all I know the books and money are gone and I foolishly let myself get strung along and quite frankly felt too stupid to out the individual because of my gullibility but anywho generally I trust people and that was my fault.

Hope he didn't do this to anybody else.

Lawrence

How do I nominate someone to be put on the HOS list? Does sending a book not in the condition advertised warrant this? The person will not respond to my messages either but I see him interacting on the msg boards with other members. Its been almost a month and I have PM'd him several times with no response. Boardie is Zombizzy

I happened to notice someone else post this, in their FS thread..

Zombizzy hasn't paid for the books and hasn't contacted me. Books are still available

Looking at the lengthy probation list and HOS is disturbing. There are many positive transactions here but more and more I think this is becoming a dangerous place to buy and sell. I think it is time that we require sellers to belong to the boards for a fixed period of time and make a minimum # of posts or have a long standing member vouch for them..

Perhaps write it into our Usage Guidelines and post a warning if someone who hasn't met the criteria starts a sales thread. Like this:

+1

I agree 100% with Dave on this. It seems like this place is becoming a magnet for scam artists and deadbeats. I personally don't deal with anyone that I don't know, or has a good track record on here, and actually cares about this community.

Well this deal is very old about a year now but I would like to add John Gordon aka JohnnyG to the hall off shame for failure to complete a deal worth about $1000 bucks in books he was supposed to sub for me and books purchased from his last selling thread and some offered via PM.

Sorry this happened, Lawrence.

So am I. :(

These are the books involved

Books I sent to him to be subbed for me

Actions #341

Action #370

Uncle Scrooge #26

GS Invaders #1

Donald duck/Four color #408

Witching Hour #13

Tec #457

ASM #100

HOM# 200

Books sold to him from my sale thread to defer cost of a submission to the other books to cgc.

Classic #2 and #5

World's finest #177

DC special #4

AA men of War #108

Hulk #202

Shazam #28

Books I paid for but never received

a BA action (can't remember the number but it is a cardy cover with supes and a boy with crutches)

Kid eternity #15

GS x-men #1

Batman #199

Bats #223

Last contact via the cgc boards was 03/28/12 04:17 PM we did talk on the phone during this whole process and a while afterwords but his calls became less frequent as the time went by he stopped calling altogether and my call to the number came back the number is no longer available.

These are some of the things that happened according to him

He had moved from BC

He said he could no longer long into his account

He was ill and was having trouble with his medication ( and for all I know he has passed on.)

He was apparently in contact with both Harley Yee and Jamie graham. (These guys have nothing to do with this deal but he mentioned many conversations he had with them)

He lost a family member an aunt I believe.

He was managing a club in Toronto after he relocated

And finally without saying to much I have asked if anybody has had any contact with him but unfortunately nothing has turned up

All in all I know the books and money are gone and I foolishly let myself get strung along and quite frankly felt too stupid to out the individual because of my gullibility but anywho generally I trust people and that was my fault.

Hope he didn't do this to anybody else.

Lawrence

Really sorry to hear this Lawrence.

Just to clarify, there was no money exchanged for the books you sold him? He got the books and was gonna pay your CGC fees in return?

His last post was Dec 2011 so he's been AWOL for some time. When was your sales thread?

Unless John has something to add that might change my mind I'd consider this HOS worthy.

Zombizzy hasn't paid for the books and hasn't contacted me. Books are still available

I believe Zbizzy eventually paid 2k1 after a day or two.

I believe Zbizzy eventually paid 2k1 after a day or two.

The seller just updated him as paid this afternoon.

+1

I agree 100% with Dave on this. It seems like this place is becoming a magnet for scam artists and deadbeats. I personally don't deal with anyone that I don't know or has a good track record on here, and actually cares about this community.

+2 I'm fairly new myself and I can say just as little as January I felt very comfortable purchasing from people on here, but i'm running into more and more people posting looking to sell or buy with less than 20 posts. I have an idea of who the trusted sellers are but I think this is a great idea, minimum posts with minimum time as part of the boards, or a certain amount of activity EACH MONTH to continue to buy or sell.

That's awful, Lawrence. I'm sorry to hear.

It is troubling that your messages go unanswered. I would send a new PM with the subject heading reading "Discussing you in the Probation Thread" and in the PM itself restate your unhappiness with the product and what you would like done about it.

Respectfully, however, without more specific information about the book and the sale, it is doubtful a dispute about grade will get as far as the HoS, and much more info would be necessary to figure out if it was PL worthy.

Thanks Guys, I'll chalk it up to one of life's lessons as I don't expect any resolution, as I've said the books and money are most likely gone for good but if anybody purchases a Uncle Scrooge #26 about VF/NM-ish with "1961" written on the back cover that is mine. lol

Just to clarify, there was no money exchanged for the books you sold him?
No money was sent, he told me that he could save me half the shipping cost to CGC and as you know when your in canada shipping cost are very high.

L

Thanks Guys, I'll chalk it up to one of life's lessons as I don't expect any resolution, as I've said the books and money are most likely gone for good but if anybody purchases a Uncle Scrooge #26 about VF/NM-ish with "1961" written on the back cover that is mine. lol

No money was sent, he told me that he could save me half the shipping cost to CGC and as you know when your in canada shipping cost are very high.

L

:( hate when ppls take advantage of ppls like you Lawrence selling me books you had for sale over a year after you posted it and at the SAME price you had up then! Yeah for google searches. If you find him and he is in Ontario we shall get you compensated.

L

:( hate when ppls take advantage of ppls like you Lawrence selling me books you had for sale over a year after you posted it and at the SAME price you had up then! Yeah for google searches. If you find him and he is in Ontario we shall get you compensated.

One can only hope but my tale is more cautionary for others that might be embarrassed to that they let themselves get taken. Speak up and hopefully it won't happen to anybody else.

I just needed to post somewhere about ebay user alvr408 shill bids his own auctions. If his other wins, he will immediately state that the highest bidder can't follow up with purchase immediately within minutes of an auction ending and if you're the second highest winner will get a second chance offer...

GL with this one.