• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Damned Oni Press

86 posts in this topic

Just because everyeone else is too lazy to start one. I enjoyed the series and it is pretty tough to find print run wise.

Summation of Storyline.

During the prohibition era, gangsters grew rich on vices of the people, and rivalries between criminal organizations resulted in open war. But unknown to the masses, a more sinister power controlled the crime cartels, using greed, gluttony, lust, and other sins to fuel a much more lucrative trade: mortal souls. Three demon families (the Aligheris, the Roarkes, and the Verlochin) control soul-trafficking within the city, capitalizing on "the rackets" to lead unfortunates into their grasp and poor Eddie is caught in the middle? Poor Eddie is cursed to resurrect everytime he dies. All he wants is to take a dirt nap.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I am guessing there is no discussion because they are busy trying to find copies and haven't read it yet.

Correct on both counts. lol I've (finally) got a full set on the way & am looking forward to the read.

Pretty tough books. Low print runs, and they predate the Sixth Gun series so are less likely to still be found in dealer stock. They are showing up on ebay more frequently than I would have guessed at this point, but the sets seem to sell for increasingly strong prices, and it's pricey to pay shipping to buy them issue by issue from different sellers.

My LCS has 6 copies and has it priced to ebay market value. The dude does he's homework and is up to date on current trends and market fluctuations.

He told me he had to call a bunch of his other retail buddies across the U.S. just to get those copies.

well, that does suck

I finally read Damned #1 (1st series). I really liked it a lot! I'm always a sucker for stories set in the 1920s/30s, and it's well-drawn and very darkly funny. Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks Court!!!! Love my new OA! The scans are a bit fuzzy because the bristol paper isn't flush with the scanner and I don't want them to become bent.....but they look over the top in person!

Damned_1_Pg_10.jpg

Damned_1_Pg_12.jpg

Great pick up!

I'm psyched as well! :) Got three more coming from Court shortly.....with any luck I may pull the trigger on a few additional ones as well. Just trying to recoup from a spending spree recently....but this OA is just too good to pass up!