• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clayton Crain commissions
4 4

341 posts in this topic

Anybody had any luck setting up a comission via his website? I've tried, but so far, no response......
I commissioned a sketch cover from Clayton in October through his website. I think that he was full about then. Mike from CGC called last week and informed me that it is in for grading.

Anybody had any luck setting up a comission via his website? I've tried, but so far, no response......

For his latest round, I set up a commission on stretched canvas (so no CGC) and I got it at the end of January. He kept me in the loop throughout FWIW.

Sounds like if you manage to actually get on the list, he's good about following thru.

But know that he reads your emails. If his list is closed, he just puts them in a commission folder or searches for them when he opens the list back up. That's what he told me when I was last in communication with him.

I had the honor of watching him do a painted commission at Tampa last weekend. This dude is a professional in all aspects. It's hard to explain how awesome it is to watch this guy work and actually learning something from it. He could have easily stopped half way through his painting and the customer would have been blown away... but he didn't and the results were astonishing.

I am jealous of all of these.

Please keep posting these.

Seeing that the thread went hot again I'll post my only Crain which I commissioned last October (2012). Apologies to some since I posted previously in the Avengers 1 thread. There's absolutely no doubt his art is world class.

CrainClayton-DrDoomandWaspCGC94FC_zps738ab170.jpg

WOW!! I love that he uses the whole cover now.

Anybody have a contact for Crain that works I am trying to contact him to do a commission and wanted to know his rates turnaround times and etc. I had one email that I tried a few weeks back and heard nothing back from.

Anybody have a contact for Crain that works I am trying to contact him to do a commission and wanted to know his rates turnaround times and etc. I had one email that I tried a few weeks back and heard nothing back from.

That's the only way I know and he's not super good about responding right away more like a few months later when you finally forget about it. lol

That's the only way I know and he's not super good about responding right away more like a few months later when you finally forget about it. lol

Do you know roughly what his rates are?

I'd generally, say count on spending $350 to $425 for a blank cover. He'll send the art to CGC for you if you fill in the paperwork and send it with your blank. Did you send a mesage using the contact page on his website? I'm thinking you did, but just being certain. If not, do so and you'll get in line. He'll get back to you when his schedule allows him to open some time for commissions.You may hear back from him before he opens commissions, but probably not. He's pretty good about telling you his schedule once he is starting a round of comissions.