• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

[i knew you would know and post it here... that's why I snuck your name in :grin:

Like a POVvet on a string :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

We all you know you fantasize about PervToyRow. Now I should take offense but I find it rather adorable. :luhv:

I like the way you talk :foryou:

jIyWjrTv2IREG.jpg

NOMINATION FOR ADDITION TO PL: JASPERSK

I would like to formally ask that member jaspersk (member number 25377) be put on the PL. I had a sales thread (now closed). Jaspersk first contacted me on 2/25/13 with an interest in two books on my sales thread, asking for a price. I responded with a price on that day. On March 1, jaspersk PM'd me saying that he only wanted one of the books and again asked for a price. I responded with the price. He agreed, asked for total and my Paypal address. I responded back with my invoice, I haven't heard from jaspersk since. I made a few attempts to contact, but with no results. I have waited the requisite 30 days. I am sending jaspersk a separate PM notifying that I am nominating him/her for the PL. The book in question has been basically held hostage by jaspersk for a month, as per my understanding the rules of these boards, I can not sell the book to anyone else until 30 days have passed, and/or jaspersk has a chance to make good on his/her stated intentions.

This is the first time I've had to do something like this here. Please advise on how I should move forward.

The following is a copy of our PMs:

************************************************************************************

interested in walking dead 6 and 19

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

interested in 6 and 19 get paid friday give me a price please

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#4061892 - 02/25/13 08:04 AM Re: interested in walking dead 6 and 19

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Loc: The Verse

Hi,

The price would be $245 plus shipping (as described in listing).

LMK as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#4074287 - 03/01/13 01:32 AM Re: interested in walking dead 6 and 19

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

hello let me just buy the #6 for now. give me your paypal address and total

#4074855 - 03/01/13 11:12 AM Re: interested in walking dead 6 and 19

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Thanks!

If you are in the US the total will be $94.80.

If you are in Canada, I'll need to figure shipping.

Paypal is pwog@maine.rr.com

Let me know your shipping address.

Paul

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#4080604 - 03/03/13 05:09 PM Re: interested in walking dead 6 and 19

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Just want to know if you're going to proceed with this? If not, I want to move to another venue to sell. Please let me know tomorrow.

Thanks!

Paul

#4122824 - 03/17/13 12:24 PM Re: interested in walking dead 6 and 19

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that if you don't proceed with the agreed sale I will move to have you placed on the Probation List. I am hoping that it doesn't come to this, but per the rules of these boards, since you committed to buy that book I can not sell it to anyone else until 30 days have passed. So, you are tying up my chances to sell my book.

Please let me know what your intentions are.

Paul

**************************************************************************************

Again, the book was pressed, graded and sold for around $730ish. It has been past the 90 day mark so I don't have anymore history in feebay.

Just wondering if this claim, made here in the probation discussion thread, was going to be substantiated here in the probation discussion thread.

When people make claims here they are expected to back them up here.

I would like to formally ask that member jaspersk (member number 25377) be put on the PL. I had a sales thread (now closed). Jaspersk first contacted me on 2/25/13 with an interest in two books on my sales thread, asking for a price. I responded with a price on that day. On March 1, jaspersk PM'd me saying that he only wanted one of the books and again asked for a price. I responded with the price. He agreed, asked for total and my Paypal address. I responded back with my invoice, I haven't heard from jaspersk since. I made a few attempts to contact, but with no results. I have waited the requisite 30 days. I am sending jaspersk a separate PM notifying that I am nominating him/her for the PL. The book in question has been basically held hostage by jaspersk for a month, as per my understanding the rules of these boards, I can not sell the book to anyone else until 30 days have passed, and/or jaspersk has a chance to make good on his/her stated intentions.

This is the first time I've had to do something like this here. Please advise on how I should move forward.

************************************************************************************

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

LMK as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Just want to know if you're going to proceed with this? If not, I want to move to another venue to sell. Please let me know tomorrow.

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Just wanted you to know that if you don't proceed with the agreed sale I will move to have you placed on the Probation List. I am hoping that it doesn't come to this, but per the rules of these boards, since you committed to buy that book I can not sell it to anyone else until 30 days have passed. So, you are tying up my chances to sell my book.

Paul

**************************************************************************************

The only thing that seems to not make sense is that he committed to buy before the price was stated so I don't think his commitment to buy is PL worthy.

I'd say his non-response is rude but not PL worthy. 2c

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

LMK as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Paul

The only thing that seems to not make sense is that he committed to buy before the price was stated so I don't think his commitment to buy is PL worthy.

He committed to that #6 unequivocally. He just asked for a total so he knew how much to paypal. He didn't condition that commitment to buy in any way.

There's no doubt as to what he says. He's buying the #6 and needs a paypal address and the total to send. There's no qualifier included. None at all.

It may be "weird" to you but it's no less a commitment.

No, read the thread again. He did commit to buy. "hello let me just buy the #6 for now. give me your paypal address and total". The price was posted in the sales thread. He wanted a total to Paypal.

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

LMK as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Paul

He committed to that #6 unequivocally. He just asked for a total so he knew how much to paypal. He didn't condition that commitment to buy in any way.

There's no doubt as to what he says. He's buying the #6 and needs a paypal address and the total to send. There's no qualifier included. None at all.

So if this guy came back and said "OK, just the 6 is ten dollars less that the price I stated, here's my paypal address" the buyer is committed & PL worthy if he doesn't follow through.

Committing to purchase an unpriced item is dumb but holding a book when someone ignores you for 30 days is also dumb.

It's another example of poor communication leading to misunderstandings - the buyer also said "for now" - is the seller holding the #19 for him to buy later?

No, read the thread again. He did commit to buy. "hello let me just buy the #6 for now. give me your paypal address and total". The price was posted in the sales thread. He wanted a total to Paypal.

There's a sales thread? :blush:

I was going by PM exchange only. :sorry:

There's a sales thread? :blush:

I was going by PM exchange only. :sorry:

No problem. I mentioned that there was a sales thread in the first sentence of my nomination post. Also, I held the book for 30 days because it is my understanding that I am bound by the rules here (correct me if I am wrong). I did not hold the 19, as he didn't commit to buy it.

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

LMK as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Paul

jaspersk Offline

Just got here

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Thanks!

Paul

pwog Online content

The Collectinator

Hi,

Paul

So if this guy came back and said "OK, just the 6 is ten dollars less that the price I stated, here's my paypal address" the buyer is committed & PL worthy if he doesn't follow through.

Committing to purchase an unpriced item is dumb but holding a book when someone ignores you for 30 days is also dumb.

It's another example of poor communication leading to misunderstandings - the buyer also said "for now" - is the seller holding the #19 for him to buy later?

The books were from a sales thread. The prices were listed in the sales thread. There was no mystery as to the amounts. (shrug)

Again, the book was pressed, graded and sold for around $730ish. It has been past the 90 day mark so I don't have anymore history in feebay.

Just wondering if this claim, made here in the probation discussion thread, was going to be substantiated here in the probation discussion thread.

Thanks for always pushing for fair and above board transactions but let it go tiger. They've both posted that a resolution has been reached. :foryou:

Thanks for always pushing for fair and above board transactions but let it go tiger. They've both posted that a resolution has been reached. :foryou:

If it turned out the alleged $730 sale upon which the resolution was based was fabricated, would that change you mind? Plus, the "tiger" thing is juvenile and dismissive, and it makes you look like an individual_without_enough_empathy. (thumbs u

If it turned out the alleged $730 sale upon which the resolution was based was fabricated, would that change you mind? Plus, the "tiger" thing is juvenile and dismissive, and it makes you look like an individual_without_enough_empathy. (thumbs u

Wouldn't change my mind, both parties have moved on and I think we should do as well.

Tiger was referring to his tenacity at standing up for buyers and sellers. Purely meant as a compliment.

$730???? Seriously?

Honestly, this makes no sense.

Back when this contract was entered, graded 9.2s and 9.4s on eBay were selling for approximately $900 and $1100 respectively (at their lowest).

Soup deleted his scans from the PGM thread, changed his handle, and sat on this thing until the eBay history was gone, along with a bunch of other inconsistent actions and statements.

What about PayPal history? Slab certification #? Original scans?

This may be resolved with Anfield Fox, but I'm not buying this BS.