• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

wondering if someone could be nominated to the PL for citing non-verifiable, or non-accurate sales information (GPA or otherwise)...

hm

it's not against the rules, so it must be ok to make up sales info yes?

Isn't one thread enough? (shrug)

was hoping that one thread could be here in the discussion section, vs in an actual sales thread....

Maybe, but so far he has done nothing worth nominating him for, according to the rulez.

wondering if someone could be nominated to the PL for citing non-verifiable, or non-accurate sales information (GPA or otherwise)...

hm

it's not against the rules, so it must be ok to make up sales info yes?

I see your point, but it can be a slippery slope. I have certainly seen people play fast and loose with sales data. For example, I bought a book via PM and later saw the seller's asking price quoted by another seller as "the last board sale." The seller had no idea what I actually paid.

Sellers also post GPA data that, while technically accurate, is clearly misleading. Consider the following made up example: Three GPA sales over the last 90 days: $1,200, $1,100, and $3,000. Sure, a book sometimes gets hot, but there are also some outlier sales.

In these circumstances, if a seller sets a price of $2,500 and claims "$500 below GPA" I think he is being intentionally misleading because he knows he is really asking a price above true market value while claiming to be offering a discount to market value. I've seen this and similar misuse of GPA data in sales threads.

Some sleazy stuff goes on but I don't know how you can really hope to police sellers quoting sales data.

Purchased a comic from longdillon1 and paid in full on the 28th of February.

Received a reply to my messages around once a week. The payment was picked up fine via WU and seller acknowledged picking up the payment. Said he will ship on Monday Mar 11 2013.

Still no explicit confirmation that he shipped the book to me.

I propose placing him on the probation list if I do not get a reply within a week or the book does not arrive within the same time.

Ok,

How do you get removed from the PL? I know at one point there was a guy who thought I was selling him a book and I deleted the thread instead of replying then I got trashed in some forums without even knowing. Long story short I got ride of the book before I could complete the transaction. I wasn't even looking to sell the person pm'd me when I asked for help on grading condition. I don't know how to make or right or even know if I am still on the PL. I just want to figure out how to get off. I have had multiple transactions with other forum members since and know me well enough that they can vouch for me completing transactions.

All the best,

JC

Ok,

How do you get removed from the PL? I know at one point there was a guy who thought I was selling him a book and I deleted the thread instead of replying then I got trashed in some forums without even knowing. Long story short I got ride of the book before I could complete the transaction. I wasn't even looking to sell the person pm'd me when I asked for help on grading condition. I don't know how to make or right or even know if I am still on the PL. I just want to figure out how to get off. I have had multiple transactions with other forum members since and know me well enough that they can vouch for me completing transactions.

All the best,

JC

I'm a bit confused. I don't see you on the probation list so it'll be difficult to remove you.

Generally if you're on the PL you have to repair the problem. Send the book you failed to send or find a reasonable compromise.

I couldn't even find where it was, but just find it and it looks like I am still on there. I don't have the book, it was pressed and graded and sent off well before I saw any of the bashing going on. "When you remove your self from topic" you can't ever see it again. When the person wanted to buy the book (don't even remember who it was) I deleted the thread accidently instead of hitting the reply. They never sent money or anything. Anyways so basiclaly you have to pay the person off to be removed from the PL?

I couldn't even find where it was, but just find it and it looks like I am still on there. I don't have the book, it was pressed and graded and sent off well before I saw any of the bashing going on. "When you remove your self from topic" you can't ever see it again. When the person wanted to buy the book (don't even remember who it was) I deleted the thread accidently instead of hitting the reply. They never sent money or anything. Anyways so basiclaly you have to pay the person off to be removed from the PL?

You posted in the PL (no discussion) right below the list and you can clearly see you're not in it.

Perhaps you should PM the person you failed to sell the book to and ask him to nominate you. Once you're on the list, some angry accusations can be made and perhaps the two of you can resolve the issue.

'Pay the person off'. No, if you act in an unethical manner you make good.

Dude, you are not on the list.

Yes he is. He changed his Board name right after he went on the list. Shocker, I know. It is Campbelljh3.

Edited by seanfingh

This guy was involved in the discussion from the get go. He sold an IM 55 to Anfield Fox, right as it was blowing up over Thanos in the Avengers and he took more money after selling it to AF.

I would like to add campbelljh3 to the probation list. He has made it clear in another thread he has no intention of honoring a deal we made.

Details:

He posted this IM 55 in the PGM section

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5931889#Post5931889

I contacted him asking if he would be willing to sell it. Our reply's are documented below

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 10:38 AM

Matt,

Thanks for the input. If you decide you want for $675 let me know. I would have to charge $25 to ship it registered mail so I can insure and track it all the way to you. I love the book but personally thought I would get a 9.4 in comparing it to other books.

Best Regards,

John

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 02:05 PM

Matt,

Are you interested in the Hulk book as well? We could work a package deal out if you like:)

I have more room to move on the Hulk but would only sell if someone wanted both. I have had the hulk stored away bagged/boarded so paid a lot less than what it is worth now.

My reply 08/20/12 03:02 PM

Thanks but i already have a nice Hulk 181.

$700 is more than i wanted to pay but yeah lets do it. Please give me your paypal details.

Matt

campbelljh3 has removed themself from this topic.

My second reply 08/21/12 01:24 AM

So John do we have a deal? You asked $700 shipped and i said i would go for it but i noticed you removed yourself from the topic (shrug)

I would love to add it to my collection but if you've changed your mind please let me know so i can spend the money on something else :)

Matt

Today he's denied any knowledge of this deal in the thread below so not only is he not a man of his word, he's also a liar.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5990343#Post5990343

I wanted to wait the full 30 days to post this but people have advised i do it now since he has no intention of honoring the deal, there is no point waiting. Therefore i would like him added to the list.

Edited by seanfingh

This guy was involved in the discussion from the get go. He sold an IM 55 to Anfield Fox, right as it was blowing up over Thanos in the Avengers and he took more money after selling it to AF.

I would like to add campbelljh3 to the probation list. He has made it clear in another thread he has no intention of honoring a deal we made.

Details:

He posted this IM 55 in the PGM section

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5931889#Post5931889

I contacted him asking if he would be willing to sell it. Our reply's are documented below

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 10:38 AM

Matt,

Thanks for the input. If you decide you want for $675 let me know. I would have to charge $25 to ship it registered mail so I can insure and track it all the way to you. I love the book but personally thought I would get a 9.4 in comparing it to other books.

Best Regards,

John

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 02:05 PM

Matt,

Are you interested in the Hulk book as well? We could work a package deal out if you like:)

I have more room to move on the Hulk but would only sell if someone wanted both. I have had the hulk stored away bagged/boarded so paid a lot less than what it is worth now.

My reply 08/20/12 03:02 PM

Thanks but i already have a nice Hulk 181.

$700 is more than i wanted to pay but yeah lets do it. Please give me your paypal details.

Matt

campbelljh3 has removed themself from this topic.

My second reply 08/21/12 01:24 AM

So John do we have a deal? You asked $700 shipped and i said i would go for it but i noticed you removed yourself from the topic (shrug)

I would love to add it to my collection but if you've changed your mind please let me know so i can spend the money on something else :)

Matt

Today he's denied any knowledge of this deal in the thread below so not only is he not a man of his word, he's also a liar.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5990343#Post5990343

I wanted to wait the full 30 days to post this but people have advised i do it now since he has no intention of honoring the deal, there is no point waiting. Therefore i would like him added to the list.

And here's the link to the nomination and discussion in the PL

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=5992477&Searchpage=3&Main=163911&Words=Campbelljh3&topic=0&Search=true#Post5992477

Here is what Soup-Boy said as well:

Based on principal I would rather stay on the list if this is the type of community the board has come to.

I will agree to disagree but I never agreed to the deal and no one has still yet included the entire message from the begining only pieces of it.

Still no one can tell me for months how to get off the list............... Can't locate the person and without the book I don't know what the solution is.

Who did you sell the book to and for how much?

Here is what Soup-Boy said as well:

Based on principal I would rather stay on the list if this is the type of community the board has come to.

I will agree to disagree but I never agreed to the deal and no one has still yet included the entire message from the begining only pieces of it.

Perhaps Soup Boy could include the entire message from the beginning. :whee: