• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 Bullets

93 posts in this topic

Anyone out there a hardcore 100 Bullets fan besides me and Chrisco?

All I have to say is that if you're not reading this series, you're probably missing one of the best-written comics ever. In the latest story arc Azarello provided us with post-modern structure, an incredible third alternative, fantastic characterization, superior foreshadowing, gun fights, crime, low lifes, jazz, death, and a plot that kept you guessing at every turn of the page.

Incredible work.

Plus, Risso's artwork is top-notch,fits the story perfectly, and he knows how to draw women.

Unfortunately, I recommend starting this series with the first TPB and working your way up to the present. Azarello is presenting a true graphic novel, told in 100 installments, that will stand the test of time.

My rating: hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif (out of 5).

I've read up to around issue 45. really really like it.

It does not read well, at least for me, one chunk every month. I've stopped reading it, though I still buy it. I figure I'll sit down with all 100 issues in 5 years. =)

There are just soooo many subplots, little hints dropped in issue 20 that show up in issue 40, tons of characters. It is a very intricate story that is being woven. Lot to keep track of that becomes hard when you haven't read some issues in 5 years. It had got to the point that I had to reread the entire series every 6 months. Didn't bother me, cause its a great series, I just read quite a few books so I don't always have time to reread things 4 or 5 times.

One of my favorite titles ever. I read it every month, and have told myself I will read it again from the start when it's done - but I said that about Shade: The Changing Man and still haven't gotten around that. Azzerello & Risso are a fantastic team - I hope they keep working together long after they are finished with 100 Bullets.

It does not read well, at least for me, one chunk every month. I've stopped reading it, though I still buy it.

Same situation here. I love the book, and buy it ever month, but haven't red it in awhile. Very intricately written, hard to keep track of everything unless you sit down and read a bunch in a row. I read and re-read the series in TPB form, and buy the issues because I'm a collector and I can't help it. smile.gif

I'm current on the series. Started buying it with #11. Got the rest out of the backissue box. Great series. I usually read each issue as it comes out then go back and read each story arc once they end.

Definately a winner.

I'm reading the trades and love it, though it's been about six months since the last one. Argh.

The next one won't be out for a bit (I think). If you have all the trades that have been released, you have the entire story less issue #50 and the most recent arc (just completed with the last issue).

is there a tpb out for 100 bullets?

Yep. There are 7 of them:

00096571700.1.gif

---------------------

00097537417.1.gif

---------------------

00097054558.1.gif

---------------------

00096813129.1.gif

---------------------

00096088841.1.gif

---------------------

00097295987.1.2ND.PRINT.gif

----------------------

00097175272.1.gif

They are still making the game under someone else since acclaim is balls up.

I am a big fan of this series and messrs Azzarello and Risso (and JOHNSON!)

really a title that I like, I wait for like twenty issues and then read em. Nominated them for CBG awards (again)

There are some really rabid fans of this series.

hi.gif

Here's where I'm at right now:

5 pages original series art (1 more on order)

1 complete color guide

1 Eduardo Risso Bullets commission (yep! I got it on Saturday!!! Pics to come....)

1 Signed copy (Risso, Azzarello, Johnson) Issue #1

1 Promo Poster for Issue #1

All trades and issues

I think that's it for now. grin.gif