• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Hi guy and gals!

I have, at the prompting of board members, got in touch with one of my contacts at the CBLDF.

I figured we could earn a lot more money for the CBLDF so I will be starting a sales thread for these books in the Modern Comics Sales area. They will be selling for $30 each there starting in a few minutes. I have a guarantee that I can come by during set-up and choose my copies so they will hopefully all be minty fresh.

Hi guy and gals!

I have, at the prompting of board members, got in touch with one of my contacts at the CBLDF.

I figured we could earn a lot more money for the CBLDF so I will be starting a sales thread for these books in the Modern Comics Sales area. They will be selling for $30 each there starting in a few minutes. I have a guarantee that I can come by during set-up and choose my copies so they will hopefully all be minty fresh.

This is a great idea! I wonder if these will come close to the Thought Bubble in value or be less as they can technically considered a 2nd print.

Hi guy and gals!

This is a great idea! I wonder if these will come close to the Thought Bubble in value or be less as they can technically considered a 2nd print.

No, these are readily available (yes, i know its /500, but they'll be handled with kid gloves). one boardie is selling over 200 of them alone

Thread has only been open for a couple hours so Im sure it will hit at least 200 soon

Hopefully it wont be a problem for him

Let's hope not! :wishluck:

I'm sure Menace knows what he's doing though. It makes sense for CBLDF to part with even half of the 500 copies this way. They're guaranteed extra money ($10 extra I believe) for each book than what they would get selling at the con.

Should they part with all 500 copies like this? No, because imo they need to have some for the event, but pre-selling 200-250 copies this way makes business sense to me.

(thumbs u

that's the only reason I wasn't wanting too many sold beforehand...just in case it pushed them to print more. Once they submit a number they should never increase the print run for these con editions...jmo.

Edited by krighton

just like pre-sales orders, it leads to more being printed then originally intended

I can not speak to this point, I originally thought it was 1,000 but I doubt they can be printed and delivered before Friday next week.