• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Jack Black was the man in High Fidelity. Then again, everybody was good in that movie.

Back to the book at hand.

It's been said that this reminds people of BraveStar. I got the same feeling from what I have seen. It was my favorite show when I was a kid. If I can get an intelligent and mature BraveStar, I'd be :cloud9:

Edited by awakeintheashes

ToT will only suffer because there are too many variants of issue #1

I thought there's only three covers to #1 not counting the subsequent printings?

Regular

ComicsPro

Image Expo

Or am I missing others? (shrug)

What are the print numbers for the ComicsPro and Image Expo anyway?

(tsk)

There are two variants, and both have prints runs equal to or smaller than Saga RRP, as does the entire book. And, unlike every other "next WD", it will actually get made into a show :grin:

chew_titanic.jpg

(tsk)

There are two variants, and both have prints runs equal to or smaller than Saga RRP, as does the entire book. And, unlike every other "next WD", it will actually get made into a show :grin:

chew_titanic.jpg

ok, i thought it was three. i stand corrected.

I just traded a raw set of ToT 1-11 that included comics pro and image expo for 3 Saga 1 9.8's. Crazy as this may sound on my part I would buy another to flip it again.

i have 7 saga 1s raw, and a 9.8, I dont care about ToT 2-11, but always looking for more comicspro and imageexpo. hit me up

I thought there's only three covers to #1 not counting the subsequent printings?

Regular

ComicsPro

Image Expo

Or am I missing others? (shrug)

What are the print numbers for the ComicsPro and Image Expo anyway?

I blieve 500(expo) and 350ish(CP) are the estimates I have read.

Edited by CBT

as long as the publisher's don't get greedy, nothing bad will happen.

I think this was mentioned earlier. But, I think comixology and like-app are increasingly putting pressure on printed books. It's only logical for publishers to print what they know will sell, factoring in digital.

I have comixology and only use it when it's release day and I can't wait any longer for my top five books to come in via mail.

as long as the publisher's don't get greedy, nothing bad will happen.

I think this was mentioned earlier. But, I think comixology and like-app are increasingly putting pressure on printed books. It's only logical for publishers to print what they know will sell, factoring in digital.

I have comixology and only use it when it's release day and I can't wait any longer for my top five books to come in via mail.

I had a good chat with an LCS owner regarding variants, and the conversation evolved into him talking about the digital age and how much more profitable it is for publishers to go that route. I think the older generation will always want the books, but the younger generation that just wants to read an issue on an Ipad will push print runs lower over time.

I just traded a raw set of ToT 1-11 that included comics pro and image expo for 3 Saga 1 9.8's. Crazy as this may sound on my part I would buy another to flip it again.

Are the Saga's graded? If not, I'll gladly take you up on that! ToT may not get made into a TV show anytime soon, but that's a great deal. Just saying.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

I had a good chat with an LCS owner regarding variants, and the conversation evolved into him talking about the digital age and how much more profitable it is for publishers to go that route. I think the older generation will always want the books, but the younger generation that just wants to read an issue on an Ipad will push print runs lower over time.

I agree, and that's because a digital isnt a comic book, and those people wouldnt be part of the hobby, just another RSS feed/podcast, with pictures.