• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Lives - the weirdest Superman movie never made

60 posts in this topic

Kevin Smith told a very long winded story about the film on one of his podcasts. It was an episode of Fatman on Batman. The film sounded *spoon* from the beginning.

It would have been epic though and I wonder what it would have done to Cage's career.

I do think it is one of his funnier stories he tells. Especially with the repeat studio executive meetings.

A Documentary on the Aborted Nicolas Cage/Tim Burton Superman Movie Is Coming Soon

Jon-Schnepp--Tim-Burton.jpg

-------------------

Director Jon Schnepp (Metalocalypse, The Venture Bros) and producers Holly Payne and Heather Piper are determined to lift the veil on what could have been the greatest Superman iteration that never was. In The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, he interviews everyone from Burton, writer Kevin Smith, costume designer Colleen Atwood, and all of the people in-between who poured years of creativity into a project that never saw lift-off. I recently caught up with Schnepp to chat about the game-changing ability of Superman Lives and the heartache of Hollywood.

-------------------