Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#6321846 - 01/19/13 10:03 PM Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th
spidrvacc Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: New Jersey
The Asbury Park Comic Con has moved up this year from the small bowling alley to a bigger location. Will be held at the Asbury Park Convention Hall on Saturday March 30th. Went to the ones at the bowling alley and they were great but way too small so this is great. Recommend this to all NJ / NY collectors on here.

http://asburyparkcomicon.com/

http://www.apboardwalk.com/news/248

Asbury Park Comicon will feature a wide variety of comic book & pop culture purveyors as well as many comic book creators, artists and illustrators. Comic fans will have a rare opportunity to meet the artists, who will be available to sign books that will be sold at each artist’s table. Commissioned sketches are also available from many of the artists for a fee.

Special guest include:

• Mad Magazine’s Al Jaffee (creator of the back page Fold-In and Snappy Answers For Stupid Questions). Jaffee celebrates his 92nd birthday the week before the convention.
• John Holmstrom ( artist and publisher of the seminal late 70’s Punk Magazine and artist of for the Ramones’ Rocket To Russia and Road To Ruin album covers). This is his first guest appearance at a comic convention ever.
• Joe Sinnott (inker at the inception of Fantastic Four, X-Men, Silver Surfer, and many books created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)
• J.G. Jones ( artist for DC’s comics Batman, Before Watchmen, Wonder Woman, and many others)
• Eisner Award winner Evan Dorkin (creator of Milk & Cheese, co-creator of Beasts of Burden, writer for Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Shin Chan,)
• Sarah Dyer (creator of Action Girl, writer for such television shows as Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Shin Chan, Superman, and Batman Beyond)
• Larry Hama (the writer who breathed life into GI Joe for Marvel Comics on over 150 issues and now for IDW)
• Dean Haspiel ( Emmy Award winner for his intro art on HBO’s Bored To Death, comic artist for Marvel, DC, Harvey Pekar’s American Splendor, and his creator owned Billy Dogma)
• Jamal Igle (Super Girl, The Ray, Green Lantern Corps, and many other DC and Marvel books, comics of the rock band Kiss for IDW Publishing, and his creator owned title Molly Danger )
• Danny Hellman (cartoonist for New York Press, Time, S ports Illustrated, Screw, Village Voice, and many others)
• Steve Mannion (creator of Fearless Dawn published by Asylum Press)
• Stephanie Buscema ( illustrator for My Little Pony, Web of Spider-Man, Girl Comics, Adventure Time Comic)
• Mike & Ming of the AMC television show Comic Book Men. The pair from AMC TV’s Comic Book Men and the podcast I Sell Comics will be doing a live broadcast from the Asbury Comicon as well as judging the costume contest.

The Asbury Park Comic Con was conceived by Cliff Galbraith, a comic creator and veteran of most major and many minor comic cons and festivals. Cliff brings an exhibitor and comic artist’s perspective to organizing a comic convention and intends to place the emphasis more on the artists and writers whose work actually makes the comic conventions possible. He is joined by co-promoter Robert Bruce, who refers to himself as a Popculturist having written many articles and contributed to a number of published books on collecting and collectibles. He is a collector and appraiser of rare toys and comics. You can find him on the hit AMC TV show Comic Book Men.

Saturday, March 30th
10 AM to 6 PM
Convention Hall
1300 Ocean Blvd.
Asbury Park, NJ 07712

Advance admission is $12 online. Visit http://www.AsburyparkComicon.com to reserve tickets to ensure entry in the event of high turnout. Tickets will be $15 at the door if available. Kids under 12 get in free when accompanied by an adult.

#6321886 - 01/19/13 10:13 PM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: spidrvacc]
Gratefuldan Offline
Collector is an understatement.

Loc: Terrapin Station
I went to the last one super fun took my daughter had a blast!
I would love to get some SS books from this show ,how does one go about making that happen?
I'm goin' back to New York City, I do believe I've had enough!!!!

#6327264 - 01/22/13 08:40 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: Gratefuldan]
Jtwpantera Offline
Talkative?

I would also like to get some comics signed and slabbed at this show. Is there any chance of getting a witness?
#6327425 - 01/22/13 10:21 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: Jtwpantera]
PeasOfCrap Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: AKA Yo Mama
I can see if we can make this happen, to get approval, we need to commit to a number of books. Is there an interest? PM me!
#6327439 - 01/22/13 10:30 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: spidrvacc]
ftrain1 Offline
Hobbyist

On the main page of the Asbury Park Comic Con, they have all of their guests listed but don't have Larry Hama listed. On the guest page though, Larry Hama is listed. I wonder if that means he's coming or not.
#6327527 - 01/22/13 11:31 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: ftrain1]
RobbieC Online   content
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

I'd be interested. I'm actually setting up at this show. I love Asbury and the guest list is awesome

#6489313 - 03/11/13 03:11 PM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: RobbieC]
spidrvacc Offline
Chatzilla

Bump since its 3 weeks away. Will rebump a few days before. As of now I plan on being there.
#6517786 - 03/19/13 10:10 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: spidrvacc]
PeasOfCrap Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: AKA Yo Mama
If anyone needs anything done for CGC SS, please let me know.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...678#Post6517742

#6546341 - 03/26/13 10:08 AM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: PeasOfCrap]
spidrvacc Offline
Chatzilla

One last bump as its this Saturday. Don't think I can make it due to work and my sons baseball game but for ya'all in NJ/NY heres a bump.

#6547825 - 03/26/13 05:54 PM Re: Asbury park (NJ) Comicon Sat March 30 th [Re: spidrvacc]
Bird Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: NJ
I think I am going just to bring my 10 year old daughter to meet Al Jaffee. She loves the MAD tv show and I can't pass it up, only 45 minutes away. Plus I can thank Ulises Farinas for 2 awesome commissions.

my CAF : http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1306

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  plitch, Architecht, cgcmod2, cgcmod3, cgcmod, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Error Coins for Sale
by Jon Sullivan
12:14 PM
WTB NGC MS69 Quarters 2009-2014
by Kapimono
11:57 AM
FSH; BU roll 1964 P Kennedy halves, *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:26 PM
FSH; $500 FRN VF with a problem *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:25 PM
Comics Marketplace
PRICE DROP -- Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 For Sale
by kuddy
09:49 PM
Iron Man #282 CGC 9.8, 9.6 (5 Available) 1st War Machine
by Comicsarefun
09:41 PM
Variant Cover Lots!
by Zanziber
09:36 PM
SA CGC keys and some raw Gold!
by podboy66
09:35 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles