• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

feels a little like Wasteland.

With the renewed interest Hollywood has in Sci-Fi/Fantasy it could get some looks.

Also if the first few issues rope enough readers in with a good story, then they'll let it play out for a while so Hickman can do some world building.

Not sure. Hickman has a busy schedule and it looks like Secret is going to be cancelled. So maybe down the line this could be too because I can't see him cancelling Manhattan projects.

I agree, but while Manhattan projects does well in the secondary, what are it's sale numbers like for him? From what I see of this book, I think it might have a shot at becoming his flagship.

Not sure. Hickman has a busy schedule and it looks like Secret is going to be cancelled. So maybe down the line this could be too because I can't see him cancelling Manhattan projects.

I agree, but while Manhattan projects does well in the secondary, what are it's sale numbers like for him? From what I see of this book, I think it might have a shot at becoming his flagship.

Notwithstanding that it's on the front cover of Previews, I'd be surprised if East of West ends up selling significantly more than MP - certainly not after a few months.

I was under the impression Secret was cancelled because of East to West

Nope. Secret was cancelled because the art has got so far behind. Only 2 pages of issue 3 drawn so far - issue 2 was released on 6 June 2012...

That's what I understand the issue to have been with Secret. Also, I think I read a quote from Hickman a little while ago about him being pretty darn excited about this book. I will try to track it down or down a few more cups off coffee to get my brain gears moving.