• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,993 posts in this topic

Cross-posted from the Four Color thread, just cuz I'm too psyched.

An X-mas gift from my kids. From an original owner collection in northern CA. I honestly did not believe I'd ever come across a non-file copy this nice. Heck, never thought I'd come across any copy this nice. DEEEEP COLORS, beautiful pages. Scratch one grail off the list.

CCF12302012_00000_zps3d5afbd4.jpg

An X-mas gift from my kids. From an original owner collection in northern CA. I honestly did not believe I'd ever come across a non-file copy this nice. Heck, never thought I'd come across any copy this nice. DEEEEP COLORS, beautiful pages. Scratch one grail off the list.

Great book and gift, well worth the cross-post.

Fantastic cover, the Dell books are great both for the printing quality and the paper quality. What a great present.

Dang it, that's one I need too.

Always liked the look of this book...didn't last too long.

8400289964_8e9216fff5.jpg

mm

Is that one you picked up as a kid, Marty? Great looking cover and one I've not seen before.

Always liked the look of this book...didn't last too long.

8400289964_8e9216fff5.jpg

mm

Is that one you picked up as a kid, Marty? Great looking cover and one I've not seen before.

Very cool cover! I had not noticed it before either

Oh man! I want to see more of those! I already knew how cool the Zoo Funnies and Comic Cavalcade titles were but I'd never even seen a Billy the Kid and Oscar! They're a welcome break from the horror, crime and injury to the eye motif comics that are most often posted from this time period.

:applause:

Yes...I bought my entire collection off the newsstand as a kid between the years of 1942 and 1954.

It's great that you still have those! But I thought I'd seen you posting some Silver Age comics on this board as well.

???

Edited by Hepcat