• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

In my opinion:

ASM 698 - imo not the 1st appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

Daredevil 21 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

ASM 700 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man and

"death" of Peter

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 - 1st full appearance of Superior Spider-Man in new costume.

So the book to get is definitely the Avenging. And maybe 700.

If Daredevil came out before 700 why would you suggest that book over DD 21?

I'd suggest none of them. This is a story, no different from FF 587 or Cap 25. It'll all be over soon enough.

If you do speculate, flip quickly.

Yes I agree. Conformation that Superior first appeared in DD 21 comes when DD 22 comes out. I still say DD 21 is the first appearance and not 700.

Doc Oc has been Spiderman for some months now so your argument is missing a few issues, he appeared at the end of Daredevil #21, he's also appeared recently (as Doc Oc Spidey) in Avengers Vs X-Men, Avenging Spiderman, Avengers, New Avengers etc etc etc so technically his 1st appearance could be any number of comics from the last few months.

His 1st appearance in new Superior Spiderman Costume is Avenging Spiderman #15.1

And which issues are those that he appears in as Superior Spider-Man besides 700, dd21 and Avenging 15.1?

Not the point I was making.

He has been Doc Oc / Spiderman for months is the point I was making but to answer your question,

He appears as Superior Spiderman in

1: ASM 700 "I will become a Superior Spiderman"

2: Avenging 15.1 - In Costume

3: DD 21 - in continuity

If DD #21 is his 1st appearance then Marvel Nows continuity is f%$k3D up from day one,

Like I said I'm going with what the writer/Marvel employee says the first appearance is. You cannot count any Doc Oc Appearances as a SS appearance prior to DD21, they can only be counted when he is in costume as SS which is in DD21 first.

You need to re-read Daredevil #21 then,

SS has a claw on the toes of his feet, this is clearly NOT visible in DD#21

Who cares if a claw is visible? You only see a hand push Peter Parker in Web of Spider-Man 18 and we know that's a venom cameo because Marvel confirmed it. Granted that it is only a cameo but the example in DD 21 is a much better one ( we can actually see the character ) and Dan Slott CONFIRMED DD 21 is the first appearance of SS. I'm not sure what more you need to be convinced.

in silhouette? with no foot claw. I need to see the end of Avenging #15.1 to be convinced.

"I've seen myself through Peter Parkers lens now"

Pulls on clawed boot.

"I've seen my mistakes"

pulls on new Superior Spidey top.

"And things are going to change"

Pulls on new Claw gloves.

"Because Otto Octavious is no more"

Shot of new Chest emblem.

"His days are long over"

Shot of new eye lens.

"Doctor Octopus is Dead, Long Live the Superior Spiderman"

Full colour shot of Superior Spiderman with hand & foot claws, new chest emblem & new lens"

or you could go with DD #21 where some blacked out character with red arms says

I'm going to crush Daredevil.

You enjoy yourself, I know what I'm stocked up on

So let me get this straight. you are using quotes to prove your point but those words were written by people who work for Marvel and have already stated this:

c7ea3002-f49e-4727-b762-a1bf_zpsb1a280f7.jpg[/img]

I cannot believe I had to post this twice by the way and I do enjoy myself...regularly.

No, I was describing the last 2 pages of Avenging in detail.

DD #21 contains the 1st appearance of Silhouette Spiderman (and to the poster above who asked, no you can't see his lenses in DD 21).

I'll wait for graded copies if that makes you happy, let CGC decide if it's

a 1 panel silhouette of well could be anyone really or 2 pages of new costume,

a full page splash in new costume & the mystery character saying "Doctor Octopus is Dead, Long Live the Superior Spiderman"

:facepalm: ? why? enlighten us.

(I don't really give a monkeys, I've just been wanting one of these Uber quote threads for a while) (thumbs u

Hawkeye sets are doing quite nice.

ive been averaging $23 for my Hawkeye 2 & 3 sets

Similar here, but selling them individually

$28 for #1

$16 for 2

$8 for 3

All sold out now - god I wish I had more!!!

Yea I had to buy a 3rd printing of the first issue because of how in demand it has gotten. It is craziness.

I did find a cover price copy of 3 on eBay a week ago though. I'm amazed people are buying it for 8.

I was able to pull together a run of Hawkeye #1-4 1st prints from 2 LCSs that cleaned out non-paying files just prior to Xmas. They will be going up on eBay shortly.

PM sent!

Had anyone else noticed the price tag of ASM 700 on eBay? I'd run out and clear of your stores now while you still can. Really odd- I guess its the fast flip...

Tough part it is slightly misleading because book was $7 cover price, but it is selling very well. I bet my local shop still has 100 copies between all the variants.

Had anyone else noticed the price tag of ASM 700 on eBay? I'd run out and clear of your stores now while you still can. Really odd- I guess its the fast flip...

Tough part it is slightly misleading because book was $7 cover price, but it is selling very well. I bet my local shop still has 100 copies between all the variants.

Every shop around me is sold out and nearly every online shop I use [about 7 of them] are sold out or limiting to 1-2 per customer. Ive been trying to find a batch for the last 24 hours and have had zero luck.

The midtown variant is exploding right now. I was able to snag a bunch right before they sold out.

In my opinion:

ASM 698 - imo not the 1st appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

Daredevil 21 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man.

ASM 700 - cameo appearance of Superior Spider-Man and

"death" of Peter

Avenging Spiderman 15.1 - 1st full appearance of Superior Spider-Man in new costume.

So the book to get is definitely the Avenging. And maybe 700.

If Daredevil came out before 700 why would you suggest that book over DD 21?

I'd suggest none of them. This is a story, no different from FF 587 or Cap 25. It'll all be over soon enough.

If you do speculate, flip quickly.

Yes I agree. Conformation that Superior first appeared in DD 21 comes when DD 22 comes out. I still say DD 21 is the first appearance and not 700.

Doc Oc has been Spiderman for some months now so your argument is missing a few issues, he appeared at the end of Daredevil #21, he's also appeared recently (as Doc Oc Spidey) in Avengers Vs X-Men, Avenging Spiderman, Avengers, New Avengers etc etc etc so technically his 1st appearance could be any number of comics from the last few months.

His 1st appearance in new Superior Spiderman Costume is Avenging Spiderman #15.1

And which issues are those that he appears in as Superior Spider-Man besides 700, dd21 and Avenging 15.1?

Not the point I was making.

He has been Doc Oc / Spiderman for months is the point I was making but to answer your question,

He appears as Superior Spiderman in

1: ASM 700 "I will become a Superior Spiderman"

2: Avenging 15.1 - In Costume

3: DD 21 - in continuity

If DD #21 is his 1st appearance then Marvel Nows continuity is f%$k3D up from day one,

Like I said I'm going with what the writer/Marvel employee says the first appearance is. You cannot count any Doc Oc Appearances as a SS appearance prior to DD21, they can only be counted when he is in costume as SS which is in DD21 first.

You need to re-read Daredevil #21 then,

SS has a claw on the toes of his feet, this is clearly NOT visible in DD#21

Who cares if a claw is visible? You only see a hand push Peter Parker in Web of Spider-Man 18 and we know that's a venom cameo because Marvel confirmed it. Granted that it is only a cameo but the example in DD 21 is a much better one ( we can actually see the character ) and Dan Slott CONFIRMED DD 21 is the first appearance of SS. I'm not sure what more you need to be convinced.

in silhouette? with no foot claw. I need to see the end of Avenging #15.1 to be convinced.

"I've seen myself through Peter Parkers lens now"

Pulls on clawed boot.

"I've seen my mistakes"

pulls on new Superior Spidey top.

"And things are going to change"

Pulls on new Claw gloves.

"Because Otto Octavious is no more"

Shot of new Chest emblem.

"His days are long over"

Shot of new eye lens.

"Doctor Octopus is Dead, Long Live the Superior Spiderman"

Full colour shot of Superior Spiderman with hand & foot claws, new chest emblem & new lens"

or you could go with DD #21 where some blacked out character with red arms says

I'm going to crush Daredevil.

You enjoy yourself, I know what I'm stocked up on

So let me get this straight. you are using quotes to prove your point but those words were written by people who work for Marvel and have already stated this:

c7ea3002-f49e-4727-b762-a1bf_zpsb1a280f7.jpg[/img]

I cannot believe I had to post this twice by the way and I do enjoy myself...regularly.

No, I was describing the last 2 pages of Avenging in detail.

DD #21 contains the 1st appearance of Silhouette Spiderman (and to the poster above who asked, no you can't see his lenses in DD 21).

I'll wait for graded copies if that makes you happy, let CGC decide if it's

a 1 panel silhouette of well could be anyone really or 2 pages of new costume,

a full page splash in new costume & the mystery character saying "Doctor Octopus is Dead, Long Live the Superior Spiderman"

:facepalm: ? why? enlighten us.

(I don't really give a monkeys, I've just been wanting one of these Uber quote threads for a while) (thumbs u

i am just writing because i wanted to participate in such a huge quote comments

what the jeebus, i don't understand this. anybody have an idea?

I think it is a quick flip right now, but yea who sees it staying at these prices? The only issue I could see holding value is the Ditko variant as it is so low print.

I'm tempted to sell my regular cover as I got the Martin Skyline and Midtown books. It was going to be my reader though.

Once ASM comes back the price will drop out on this though.

The Ditko variant is a $700 book right now

I still can't understand how these variants were sold for only 80$ at MCS ( link).

I think MCS has a set price when it comes to variants, depending on the ratio. A new release variant book that is 1:200 runs $100 in 9.8 and they lower the price per grade point, based on the condition they recieved the book ( hence the $80 9.2).

Personally I think its commendable that a large retailer would have set prices for variants so they can reap some of the rewards ( they pay cover price for these books after all ) and not completely screwing over customers.

The only problem I see is that they put these books for sale to the first person to hit buy. I think they should offer them to loyal customers that have had pull lists with them for years first, then the general public. Just my 2c