• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would say that 4a-4c of the probation list rules are reasonably clear ways to get off. If you bone yourself well enough to be in a position where you cant get one of those option to happen, get creative or fall off the world.

What you dont get is a free pass because someone else cant figure out how to get you off probation.

Point taken, but the same rules are also clear that its only the accuser that can take the offender off the PL, so the accuser should be able to say what they want as compensation. In that sense the accuser should have some idea what gets them off, otherwise its indefinite and arbitrary at the whim of the accuser.

I'm actually all for a broad definition of what's "PL worthy", but that has to be balanced by a responsiblitly of those accusing to have a solution to the problem. If you think you really got screwed you should know what you are owed. If you don't know that than it only begs the question. 2c

Also, keep in mind that once you're on the PL, your name will remain in the thread permanently. Even after your name is removed with a subsequent post, the original post is still there, easily found with the search function. Maybe that helps those looking for something between a temporary PL and a permanent HoS?

Also, keep in mind that once you're on the PL, your name will remain in the thread permanently. Even after your name is removed with a subsequent post, the original post is still there, easily found with the search function. Maybe that helps those looking for something between a temporary PL and a permanent HoS?

Good point. In that sense the offender does have a "record".

If he goes on the list, there needs to be a way for him to get off the list. If you resell the comics, what options does that leave him?

I know it's probably not a popular position, but I'm thinking if you resell them, he's off the hook.

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1[/font] :sumo:

If he goes on the list, there needs to be a way for him to get off the list. If you resell the comics, what options does that leave him?

I know it's probably not a popular position, but I'm thinking if you resell them, he's off the hook.

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1[/font] :sumo:

I tend to agree with this. As we have discussed, and some of it recently, the PL is not a about personal vendettas. It should be, first and foremost, a method to entice a recalcitrant buyer/seller to mend their erring way.

It is what differentiates the PL from the HOS.

What about adding a 3rd list below the PL for those who HAD been on the probation list but who have since been removed because they satisfied their obligation(s)? That might take quite some research to figure out who has been added and then removed. Food for thought...

What about adding a 3rd list below the PL for those who HAD been on the probation list but who have since been removed because they satisfied their obligation(s)? That might take quite some research to figure out who has been added and then removed. Food for thought...

As if the probie and HOS lists weren't long enough, if you add everyone who was ever put on the list then got off the list, the thread would be 10 pages of just names :makepoint:

As if the probie and HOS lists weren't long enough, if you add everyone who was ever put on the list then got off the list, the thread would be 10 pages of just names :makepoint:

Just a suggestion, just a suggestion. You're probably right....that list would probably be looooonnnnnngggg.

I don't know if this is probation list worthy, but thought I should provide a heads up in any case.

I bought the WBN complete run in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=277318&Number=6131742#Post6131742

Negotiations with the seller were very pleasant. He shipped quickly. Packaging was excellent.

However, as I did a spot-check on the condition of the books on receipt, it was clear that many were significantly overgraded. I dropped a line to the seller to that effect. His reply was:

"Sorry if you thought they were over graded. I went by the overstreet grading guide 3rd edition and have used it extensively in the past. I can make it up to you in another deal if you'd like? Anything you are in the hunt for?"

Offering to sell me more stuff is not an ideal solution to an overgrading problem, but I mentioned that I was in the market for ToD and the seller said he'd put a list together.

It was after this exchange of correspondence that I discovered that I was missing one of the books (duplicate of #27 for the record). I sent a message to the seller, who responded with:

"*spoon*.....I don't have any left here either. Went through my whole collection....I think I might have typo'd the damn spreadsheet...."

I messaged again on 30 November asking: "What's your proposed solution? We have significant overgrading on many books and a missing book."

I've heard nothing since from the seller. Shame really, as I think the grading/missing book issues were honest mistakes. Just disappointing that he doesn't want to sort out an equitable solution.

As I say, a heads up in the event he starts another sales thread...

Update: I've not heard anything from the seller since his "*spoon*..." message on 30 November.

Is this the correct place to nominate someone for the probation list?

I bought some empty slabs from member ryanmadam on Nov 1st, 2012 and still have not received them. Contacted him/her on on Nov 27th and was told they would be shipped the next day. Still nothing as of Dec 15th and no offers of a refund.

I don't know if this is probation list worthy, but thought I should provide a heads up in any case.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=277318&Number=6131742#Post6131742

Negotiations with the seller were very pleasant. He shipped quickly. Packaging was excellent.

However, as I did a spot-check on the condition of the books on receipt, it was clear that many were significantly overgraded. I dropped a line to the seller to that effect. His reply was:

"Sorry if you thought they were over graded. I went by the overstreet grading guide 3rd edition and have used it extensively in the past. I can make it up to you in another deal if you'd like? Anything you are in the hunt for?"

Offering to sell me more stuff is not an ideal solution to an overgrading problem, but I mentioned that I was in the market for ToD and the seller said he'd put a list together.

It was after this exchange of correspondence that I discovered that I was missing one of the books (duplicate of #27 for the record). I sent a message to the seller, who responded with:

"*spoon*.....I don't have any left here either. Went through my whole collection....I think I might have typo'd the damn spreadsheet...."

I messaged again on 30 November asking: "What's your proposed solution? We have significant overgrading on many books and a missing book."

I've heard nothing since from the seller. Shame really, as I think the grading/missing book issues were honest mistakes. Just disappointing that he doesn't want to sort out an equitable solution.

Update: I've not heard anything from the seller since his "*spoon*..." message on 30 November.

Hasn't posted since that last sales thread. Probation worthy in my humble opinion.

jaster-mereel may now be taken of the list, he has completed our deal as of yesterday.

All items have been received and were in the condition described.

Awesome! Glad to see people getting off and not on.

I don't see him on the current list...

Hasn't posted since that last sales thread. Probation worthy in my humble opinion.

If you deem it probation worthy, then I'd like to formally propose pmahoney74 for the list.