• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear this Jacob. It goes beyond the $50 that probably won't break you or me, it goes to the frustration and worry and the ridiculous feeling of guilt when you finally out a seller who's let you down.

Exactly. Thanks for your post and support.

Just one more reason that you should have been here a length of time and even X number of posts before selling here.

Then I have a question, I bought a comic from someone here that has over 14,000 that was in Sept. He sent the cgc comic broken, I sent it back he said he would have it fixed and sent back. I have sent him a pm and he has not responded and has posted since I sent the pm. Should I nominate him for the list? This all started back in Sept.

Yes (thumbs u

To the OP, did the seller state he was going to get the book reholdered and return it to you? Is that what you mean when you say "fixed"?

If this is the case, given the backlog at CGC, is it reasonable for him to be able to have accomplished this already?

The non-communication bit is worrying, but is he in the hurricane affected area of the U.S.?

He said he was going bring it to them and then send it back to me. He didn't mention anything about how long it would take to get reholdered. I would have appreciated the communication back to me.

I'm not completely sure we need this detail ... but did it appear as if the holder was broken in the mail or that it was already cracked/broken and he failed to mention it in the sales thread? I realize that it's not always easy to tell whether the damage has occurred in the mail.

It's certainly more disturbing to have someone with 14,000+ posts misbehave, as he appears to have done, than someone who has just joined. If the sales threads are going to work, veteran boardies have to be held accountable.

He said he was going bring it to them and then send it back to me. He didn't mention anything about how long it would take to get reholdered. I would have appreciated the communication back to me.

Speaking for myself, this is the root of the problem- no communication. I think every reasonable person knows that mess happens in otherwise goodfaith transactions- accidents, oversight, bad luck, lost or damaged mail etc. The real issue is that seller and buyer have a good faith obligation to keep the lines of communication open in a timely way until transactions are completed. 2c

On another note, the vote for comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon to be put on the HOS was 78 to zero. He was removed form the PL and added to the HOS.

does anyone know this spoons name? i would find that information helpful in case he regurgitates himself under another shill account.

Speaking for myself, this is the root of the problem- no communication. I think every reasonable person knows that mess happens in otherwise goodfaith transactions- accidents, oversight, bad luck, lost or damaged mail etc. The real issue is that seller and buyer have a good faith obligation to keep the lines of communication open in a timely way until transactions are completed. 2c

(thumbs u

On another note, the vote for comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon to be put on the HOS was 78 to zero. He was removed form the PL and added to the HOS.

does anyone know this spoons name? i would find that information helpful in case he regurgitates himself under another shill account.

I think his name is sergio.

Just one more reason that you should have been here a length of time and even X number of posts before selling here.

Then I have a question, I bought a comic from someone here that has over 14,000 that was in Sept. He sent the cgc comic broken, I sent it back he said he would have it fixed and sent back. I have sent him a pm and he has not responded and has posted since I sent the pm. Should I nominate him for the list? This all started back in Sept.

Yes (thumbs u

To the OP, did the seller state he was going to get the book reholdered and return it to you? Is that what you mean when you say "fixed"?

If this is the case, given the backlog at CGC, is it reasonable for him to be able to have accomplished this already?

The non-communication bit is worrying, but is he in the hurricane affected area of the U.S.?

I'd have a clearer opinion on the communication "failure" if you referenced some timeline other than when you bought the book & how long your PM has gone "unanswered".

I'm not making a case for people failing to communicate BUT when did the guy get the book back?

When did you PM him asking for a timeline?

The only timeline you're giving is a sale in September & the unanswered PM could have been sent hours or weeks ago by you, which is it? (shrug)

btw - I read somewhere on here that re-holders still take 15 business days

Yes (thumbs u

I'd have a clearer opinion on the communication "failure" if you referenced some timeline other than when you bought the book & how long your PM has gone "unanswered".

I'm not making a case for people failing to communicate BUT when did the guy get the book back?

The only timeline you're giving is a sale in September & the unanswered PM could have been sent hours or weeks ago by you, which is it? (shrug)

I sent him the book after I returned from FL last month. He did indicate that he received the comic. I asked him for an update a week ago.

I read on here yesterday it takes 15 business days, which I would not have had a problem with if he would have told me that. Also, he currently has a fs tread going right now.

So no matter if I sent him a pm a week ago, yesterday, or whenever, he could have responded to it.

Edited by vader.2001

Yes (thumbs u

I sent him the book after I returned from FL last month. He did indicate that he received the comic. I asked him for an update a week ago.

I read on here yesterday it takes 15 business days, which I would not have had a problem with if he would have told me that. Also, he currently has a fs tread going right now.

So no matter if I sent him a pm a week ago, yesterday, or whenever, he could have responded to it.

I don't know about it being PL worthy, since the guy is trying to help correct an issue to satisfy the buyer. What date did he receive the book back or acknowledge receipt? I've read many stories of missed PM's because of i-phones, blackberries etc...

I'd suggest you send a new PM entitled "PL nomination discussion" and ask him for details/invoice number again so that you have an idea when to expect your book back. You should let him know it's being discussed if you are serious about a nomination.

Seconded on that.

Agree. And I believe I'm the 6th person to do so.

I think it's way too easy for a scammer to launch a sales thread here.

Seconded on that.

Agree. And I believe I'm the 6th person to do so.

I think it's way too easy for a scammer to launch a sales thread here.

-1 I helped to put someone on the PL that had been here a long time. Post count and time on the board doesn't = integrity IMHO.

I unfortunately have to nominate TANGELWOOD42 for probation due to not receiving payment for a Boards transaction or receiving any kind of subsequent contact.

Here's the sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=6075704&Searchpage=1&Main=274908&Words=katy+keene&topic=0&Search=true#Post6075704

My first PM:

Thanks for the purchase! You will really like these books. They are very clean, flat and attractive copies.

Total is: $70 + $60 + $70 + $4 shipping = $204

I can accept Paypal, a check, or money order. My Paypal address is: ###########

I'll pack well and ship via Priority Mail and add delivery confirmation.

Thanks!

Paul

His reply:

#3751198 - 10/14/12 09:23 PM Re: Katy Keene

tangelwood42 Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: JAX, FL

Thanks Paul! I'll PP u Tuesday . All the best! Ron

After that PM on 10/14, no contact and no payment. He has sold books in the GA/SA/BA forum previously and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I wrote multiple times to explain that I understand if he has to delay payment, split payments, etc., but still received no contact.

I unfortunately have to nominate TANGELWOOD42 for probation due to not receiving payment for a Boards transaction or receiving any kind of subsequent contact.

Here's the sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=6075704&Searchpage=1&Main=274908&Words=katy+keene&topic=0&Search=true#Post6075704

My first PM:

Thanks for the purchase! You will really like these books. They are very clean, flat and attractive copies.

Thanks!

Paul

His reply:

tangelwood42 Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

After that PM on 10/14, no contact and no payment. He has sold books in the GA/SA/BA forum previously and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I wrote multiple times to explain that I understand if he has to delay payment, split payments, etc., but still received no contact.

Hang 'em high. :sumo:

Here's the sales thread:

My first PM:

Thanks!

Paul

His reply:

tangelwood42 Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Did he read any of the PM's after he agreed to purchase? Not that it really matters but, just curious.

No, the PMs were not read. I wrote him three times after his only PM and waited almost six weeks.
I would send one more, in a seperate PM thread. Tell him you have brought up the transaction here. If he doesn't respond in 72? hours, I believe he can be added to the list.

No, the PMs were not read. I wrote him three times after his only PM and waited almost six weeks.
I would send one more, in a seperate PM thread. Tell him you have brought up the transaction here. If he doesn't respond in 72? hours, I believe he can be added to the list.

Quite right. And those Katy Keene's are beautiful books! And $4 for shipping? VERY fair and reasonable as well! (thumbs u

His :takeit: is his last post on the boards. :(

Edited by Povertyrow

Question - if two board members do a deal that turns sour outside of the boards can I still put the board member on the probation list?

If I am the buyer and the I make a deal with the seller and then the seller tells another buyer that the piece is sold but then the other buyer makes a higher offer and then the seller comes back to me and asks for more and I refuse and then the seller decides to sell to the other buyer, can I put that seller on the probation list?