• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

As soon as I saw this board, I had to join in the conversation!

Pretty much the one series I really got into into from the first issue was Gen 13.

Over e years, I have been very lucky, and even got the following:

- the special chromium #1 from the boxset, signed by Campbell

- a do-it-yourself cover that Jim Lee signed and drew Fairchild on at Sdcc 1996

- a do-it-yourself cover that Campbell signed and drew Fairchild on at C2E2 2010 (I told him I'd been waiting 15 years for that moment!)

- a #11 European Tour edition signed by all 4 guys (Lee, Choi and Garner at Sdcc in 1996, and then signed by Campbell at c2e2 in 2010)

-1a & 1b that I got signed by Campbell and Garner at Sdcc 1995 (waited in a 2 hr line for those)

-1J signed by Campbell (notice a Fairchild pattern yet with me?)

-8 through 17 signed by Garner and Choi (I plopped those down in front of them at Sdcc 1996)

Btw, someone had questions about a hardcover collection of the original mini-series. There was a release, but I believe it was under 1000 copies print-run. I ordered a used copy from a seller online in the last few days, and can't wait to finally get this.

Btw, once I get the chance, I'll post up some scans of my collection to prove what I have.

Would love to see the DIY covers with sketches - I really like seeing his older work. I picked this vintage piece up a few weeks ago and am real happy with it:

campbell.jpg

As soon as I saw this board, I had to join in the conversation!

Pretty much the one series I really got into into from the first issue was Gen 13.

Over e years, I have been very lucky, and even got the following:

- the special chromium #1 from the boxset, signed by Campbell

- a do-it-yourself cover that Jim Lee signed and drew Fairchild on at Sdcc 1996

- a do-it-yourself cover that Campbell signed and drew Fairchild on at C2E2 2010 (I told him I'd been waiting 15 years for that moment!)

- a #11 European Tour edition signed by all 4 guys (Lee, Choi and Garner at Sdcc in 1996, and then signed by Campbell at c2e2 in 2010)

-1a & 1b that I got signed by Campbell and Garner at Sdcc 1995 (waited in a 2 hr line for those)

-1J signed by Campbell (notice a Fairchild pattern yet with me?)

-8 through 17 signed by Garner and Choi (I plopped those down in front of them at Sdcc 1996)

Btw, someone had questions about a hardcover collection of the original mini-series. There was a release, but I believe it was under 1000 copies print-run. I ordered a used copy from a seller online in the last few days, and can't wait to finally get this.

Btw, once I get the chance, I'll post up some scans of my collection to prove what I have.

Would love to see the DIY covers with sketches - I really like seeing his older work. I picked this vintage piece up a few weeks ago and am real happy with it:

campbell.jpg

Nice! I'd like to see more of these from back in the day!

I'm bumping this for the sake of bumping an awesome thread. Special thanks to Chuck Grower for getting me my Gen 13 limited series #1 signed - now I just need #2 and #5 for the lock!

Yeay! I found this lost thread completely by accident. Glad to give it a bump. Anybody giving any of the DC books a read to see how Gen 13 is fairing?

I checked out a few issues of Superboy to see what they were going to do with Fairchild and Grunge, but I didn't really care for the New 52 versions of the characters. That said, I didn't pass on the chance to purchase the pages depicting Grunge's first appearance in DC's current universe.

IMG_2306_zpsd059eebd.jpg

I also picked up a couple Fairchild pages.

Superboy3Pages_zps662613eb.jpg

Boy, am I glad those people relisted that lot. Someone has taken the actual books that came with it, and replaced it with unsigned variants.

In the A/P box, ALL the books are signed, and the chromium is multi-signed.

Looks like someone swapped out the books and then re-shrink wrapped it.

Ugh.

The only reason to pay a premium for the AP is gone, and now it's just a pretty red box.

Sigh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171066294153?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D171066294153%26_rdc%3D1#ht_719wt_917

:(

Boy, am I glad those people relisted that lot. Someone has taken the actual books that came with it, and replaced it with unsigned variants.

In the A/P box, ALL the books are signed, and the chromium is multi-signed.

Looks like someone swapped out the books and then re-shrink wrapped it.

Ugh.

The only reason to pay a premium for the AP is gone, and now it's just a pretty red box.

Sigh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171066294153?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D171066294153%26_rdc%3D1#ht_719wt_917

:(

Ok after reading this whole thread what is the diff from a black box and the red box? #1 puzzle cover?

I keep seeing conflicting answers on this. Is it possible there were two versions of the red box? How else do you explain some people having an un-autographed version of the Chromium cover and some with multiple sigs?

Personally I have never seen the multiple sigs book but I have seen the blank chromium. I've never purchased a red box so I can't say what was in it.

I had no idea that there were unsigned copies of the Chromium #1. I have been looking to find a copy with all the sigs, but i ended up buying 1 with JSC sig, 1 with Jim Lee sig, and a 3rd with Choi and Garner sigs.

The last one had both? I've never seen that. I have the Jim Lee, the Campbell, and the Choi. Still need one more. Interesting!