• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Poll to put comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon on the HOS. I have put a 1 week cap on the poll. It should be long enough to determine this.

As far as I'm concerned when anyone on the PL comes back under an alias to sell they should immediately go in the HOS.

Poll to put comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon on the HOS. I have put a 1 week cap on the poll. It should be long enough to determine this.

As far as I'm concerned when anyone on the PL comes back under an alias to sell they should immediately go in the HOS.

My feelings exactly. But we follow the rules until they are changed. Good rule to change, or add.

My feelings exactly. But we follow the rules until they are changed. Good rule to change, or add.

I am a little surprised he/she/it isn't on the HOS already.

I am a little surprised he/she/it isn't on the HOS already.

So, if there are 3 votes to keep he/she/it out of the HOS, we'll know who they are from;)

I was one of the user's who was interested in a few books from qualitycomix, I did recieve his response about the order would be fulfilled and all that would be charged is $6.00 for shipping this past week.

I told him , since that was in APRIL of this year ... and now November. I totally forgot about them and no longer wanted them,

I think the issue for me is , why did this take so long, and i know working a Full time job and trying to do comic selling on the side is hard and time consuming , put again if its your job . You should be responding to people in a timely manner ..

Track record or not, i look at feedback all the time and will always use that as a basis too buy or look to people i know and if they have bought from that person. So whether he goes on a probation list or not , doesn't really matter to me. But like someone stated, you should mention why you where on a list in your sales thread .

Thanks all i needed to say.

cay037

I also was one of the members that received a PM from "qualitycomix" ref his April sales thread. I was offered the books at the $6 shipping. I had actually forgot about the books and responded that I was not interested anymore.

I understand life happens, but a simple PM could have prevented any issues. I am not familiar with any other incidents with "qualitycomix", so since this is the first incident involving me I am not set on putting "qualitycomix" on the probation list. I will remember the issues if I should deal with him again, and willing to give him a chance.

I also agree that he should explain in future sales threads why he was on the list.

pink181

Regarding Qualitycomix, I received his email to ship the books I purchased for $6. I remember the purchase and he basically just dissapeared after the sale, even after reaching out to them via PM.

Still not sure what happened, but sometimes the SHTF in life. I never sent any funds, so I was not too worried that the sale never went though (although a little dissapointed).

I will be buying the books from the offer. I am fine with taking Qualitycomix off the Probation list as long as the sales seem to be completed for those who take advantage of Qualitycomix's offer.

my $0.02

Jason

I agree with this 100%

hm

:idea:

Everyone who doesn't want their books anymore...just have them drop shipped to me. I'll pay the shipping. One stop shipping.

:insane:

Regarding Qualitycomix, I received Sharon's email today and Brent's email on 11/5.

I didn't remember the purchase at all and replied that I am not interested in those books anymore. I agree he should have properly communicated with everyone who bought from his thread but I understand life gets in the way of collecting comics. So I'm not set on putting him on the PL as long as every sale has an amicable resolution for the buyer.

That said, I agree he should explain in future sales threads the reason he was added to the PL since it appears that this is not the first time this has happened. Just my 2c. Thanks, Mike

My pm went to 10 people, plus Pov...(he's a people, too;) 7 people have read it, and 4 have responded on the thread today.

Of the 3 that show as unread, one person posted on the thread in response last week, and one has not posted since July...so there is really only 1 more active person who has not read my pm.

My suggestion is, that we wait till the end of the week in case that person is one of those who was out of power..his last post was 10/24.

It saddens me to go this route, but I wish to nominate picklepuss for the probation list and the Hall of Shame.

Back on October 19, 2012, I ordered the following comics from picklepuss:

Superman Spiderman Treasury - $20

Marvel Presents #3 - $4

Weird Worlds #1 NM- - $10

Sword of Sorcery #1 NM- - $7

You can see the transaction on this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=6087678&Searchpage=1&Main=275440&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post6087678

We then traded PMs. I sent picklepuss $51 for the comics plus the shipping on Oct. 20, via PayPal for the comics.

After three weeks, I PM'd and e-mailed picklepuss (via the e-mail addresses provided by PayPal) for an update on my order. I received no responses.

Yesterday, the 30th day since our transaction, I sent him the following message:

"It has been 30 calendar days since our transaction here on the Collectors Society Message Boards. I did not receive the comics from you that I ordered.

"I tried sending you private messages here, as well as e-mails to the accounts provided through PayPal. You have not responded.

"Therefore, I am giving you this last chance. You have 24 hours as of 7:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time today, Nov. 18, 2012, to respond to me with either a refund of the $51 I paid you, or the tracking number of the comics I ordered from you, as well as your assurance that I will receive my comics by the end of this week.

"Otherwise, I will nominate you to the Collectors Society Message Boards Hall of Shame, where you will be banned from selling merchandise here forever. In addition, in 15 more days, I will initiate a PayPal dispute to get my money back."

Today, after consulting with Povertyrow, I am asking my fellow boardies to approve my request. As I have shared with others on the boards via PMs and in person, I've enjoyed my conversations and business dealings with fellow collectors for five years here. It saddens me that there are people who treat customers the way picklepuss has treated me.

If you need any other details or information from me as you consider this request, please let me know via PM.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration of this request.

Jacob Farbman