• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Slabs on Display!
3 3

93 posts in this topic

One of the things I like most about these boards is the cornucopia of books that get posted here, especially in the Golden Age forum-my favorite lurking grounds. After paging through thread after thread I felt there must be a more convenient way to view quantities of books and full collections. Bill Cox(comicartfans) had the same thought and we teamed up to put together a slab display site for that purpose:

MySlabbedComics.com

I'm certainly not looking to take anything away from the threads where books get posted here, but also consider posting your books (for free) in your own "Collection", have all your books in one place for your organization or to share.

Take a look, give it a try!

One recent Golden Age upload includes:

Nedorific & Others 100+ slabs uploaded by telerites including Nedors, All American Comics, Mystery Comics & LB Cole Weirdly Goodness!

More links later. Also, if you post any GA books there link them in this thread. Enjoy!

Check out more board member slabs!

Timelys by....Timely

Nedorifics break the 200 slab mark!

Human Torch from Mr Bedrock.....oh, wait, nevermind :baiting:

And just added to the Classifieds

Silver & Gold

You have done a really nice job with this. I would love to participate, but I would need to invest in a new scanner that will accomodate the complete slab. Your site gives me something to shoot for. :)

Nice start! (worship)

What did you get for a scanner?

Thank you. The four scans that I uploaded were ones that I saved from the various places where they were picked up. I have some more full sized scans that I have saved on my hard drive....I just have to find them. The scanner that I have used for years is not big enough to do the entire slab, so I have tons of images where I would scan the top part of the slab, and then scan the book again, this time cropping out the label and increasing the size of the book. Not the cleanest look, but was the only option I had. I have considered using my camera to take some nice pics of the entire slab as I really don't need another scanner, but I definitely want to participate on your site. :)

:rulez: I keep trying to log in with my password, it won't work, then I try to get a new one and that doesn't come. Sad.

The system is copying me on your Password Reminder request, so I am not sure why you aren't getting the email since you got the original sign-up information. I will look into it, haven't heard of that happening before..

Make sure you are using email/password and not username/password for sign in.

Great start! I have fond memories of Tarzan novels as they were the first books I took out from the town library when I was a youngster. I'm about 1/2 way through the Porges "Edgar Rice Burroughs: The Man Who Created Tarzan" biography, I need to grab a comfy chair soon and finish it up.

Golden Age Tarzan Comics

other Collection updates:

Jumbo Comics 155 issues uploaded! Someone was busy yesterday! (worship)

Captain Midnight 63 issues uploaded!

An Ace Trumps All

Chest of Cheslers

LB Cole Weirdly Goodness

Marvel Boy

Reg'lar Fellers Heroic Comics

Speed Comics

Uncle Sam - Quality's American Hero

Human Torch :baiting:

And some more selections in

nearmint's slab-o-rama Member Classifieds listings

It's going to take me the whole weekend to look at all these! :ohnoez: