• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Noob Thread READ HERE BEFORE STARTING THREAD
9 9

254 posts in this topic

Who is in charge of Signature Series?

UPDATED Sam Peterson, email at speterson@cgccomics.com

Where are my books?

If you have an invoice number, you can call CGC customer service. If you do NOT, contact the facilitator who you went through to get your books signed. Don't call CGC without an invoice number. Also there is an estimated turn around time posted on their submissions page, use that.

If I have a book with a yellow label already, can I add more signatures?

Yes, contact CGC at show or submit through facilitator. Book must NOT be removed from slab or label is VOIDED.

Can I get a raw book I had signed 20 years ago slabbed with a yellow label?

NO

Can I send in my DF signed raw book with a COA to get a yellow label?

NO

Can I send in my signed raw book that I have photographic evidence it was signed?

NO

My LCS gave me a signed raw book from their wonderful store signing, can I get a yellow Label?

NO

I have a great sketch at home on one of those blanks, can i get a yellow label?

NO, with sketches a witness must pick up the sketch directly from the artist OR the artist must contact CGC and mail directly into service center.

How do I get a Stan Lee book signed?

Private message Desert Wind Comics or wait for specific signings by board members such as Kevin_Boyd and Paradise Comics

What if I have a million questions about Stan signings?

See above answer

Where is my favorite creator showing up?

See MedicAR thread about where everyone will be signing

Shows my favorite creators are attending

How do I get books signed.

Check the SS announcement threads. If someone is facilitating, they will post there.

CGC ANNOUNCEMENTS!

I want to start multiple threads and beg people to go to a small con to get me a sig.

Call CGC and get set up as a facilitator with 200 submissions and do it yourself. It's easy 1-877-NMCOMIC

How come the Dairy Con doesn't have onsite?

CGC onsites at select shows. See front page for details

I will be attending a show CGC is setup at, how do I get books signed?

See one of the helpful staff at the show and they can get you going in right direction

If I want to sing the praises of someone, can i start a thread for each book?

NO, there is a kudos section in addition to multiple places stickied at top to post your gems

Where to post cool books

KUDOS THREAD

SIGNATURE SERIES KUDOS THREAD

Once I have agreed to send books to a facilitator, then what?

Fill out an invoice and prepare your books for the signing. Make sure to write all your information including board name on the back of each bagged board. INCLUDE your money plus any agreed upon facilitator fees. Pack your items well. Here are links to important threads.

KEVIN BOYD'S GUIDE TO PREPARING YOUR BOOKS FOR SIGNATURES

MICHAEL SCHMIDT'S GUIDE TO PREPARING YOUR BOOKS FOR SIGNATURES

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NOOBS

Edited by SoylentBlue

But what if I have a book that was signed by Stan Lee 20 years ago at my LCS and I want to mail it to DF to get a COA and then have them send it to CGC for a yellow label, do I just fax Steve Borock?

But what if I have a book that was signed by Stan Lee 20 years ago at my LCS and I want to mail it to DF to get a COA and then have them send it to CGC for a yellow label, do I just fax Steve Borock?
No, Kevin Boyd can help you with that though.

Even though I laughed at some of the answers, this thread is a huge WIN for people new to SS and answers questions as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Kudos AC...

In all seriousness it's probably the most helpful thing I have seen posted here in a long long time.

I wanna know if I can get a book tripled signed by Anthony, Sean and JJ? How do I make this happen? :)

If possible I would like it to be that Alf comic with him riding that seal. lol

Greatest cover of all time signed by three of the greatest board members.

I wanna know if I can get a book tripled signed by Anthony, Sean and JJ? How do I make this happen? :)

If possible I would like it to be that Alf comic with him riding that seal. lol

Greatest cover of all time signed by three of the greatest board members.

It's gonna take a whole lotta this: smileys-money-702364.gif

and a pretty fair smattering of this: butt-kisser.gif

NO

Exception you can get a signature added to the any raw Book with CGC witness. The DF signature will be counted as a defect lowering the grade noted as something written on cover, but the book will get a yellow label.

If you sub a raw book signed/sketch by itself only you can request a green qualified label, but that's it.

Edited by rtecbot

NO

One exception you can get a signature added to the raw DF book with CGC witness. The DF signature will be counted as a defect lowering the grade noted as something written on cover, but the book will get a yellow label.

That's got nothing to do with whether it's a DF book or not.

You can add a witnessed signature to any already-signed book and it'll come back with a SS label and the previous (unverified) signature treated as a grade-dropping defect.

Who is in charge of Signature Series?

Michael Balent mbalent@cgccomics.com

Where are my books?

If you have an invoice number, you can call CGC customer service. If you do NOT, contact the facilitator who you went through to get your books signed. Don't call CGC without an invoice number. Also there is an estimated turn around time posted on their submissions page, use that.

If I have a book with a yellow label already, can I add more signatures?

Yes, contact CGC at show or submit through facilitator. Book must NOT be removed from slab or label is VOIDED.

Can I get a raw book I had signed 20 years ago slabbed with a yellow label?

NO

NO

Can I send in my signed raw book that I have photographic evidence it was signed?

NO

My LCS gave me a signed raw book from their wonderful store signing, can I get a yellow Label?

NO

I have a great sketch at home on one of those blanks, can i get a yellow label?

NO, with sketches a witness must pick up the sketch directly from the artist OR the artist must contact CGC and mail directly into service center.

How do I get a Stan Lee book signed?

Private message Desert Wind Comics or wait for specific signings by board members such as Kevin_Boyd and Paradise Comics

What if I have a million questions about Stan signings?

See above answer

Where is my favorite creator showing up?

See MedicAR thread about where everyone will be signing

Shows my favorite creators are attending

How do I get books signed.

Check the SS announcement threads. If someone is facilitating, they will post there.

CGC ANNOUNCEMENTS!

I want to start multiple threads and beg people to go to a small con to get me a sig.

Call CGC and get set up as a facilitator with 200 submissions and do it yourself. It's easy 1-877-NMCOMIC

How come the Dairy Con doesn't have onsite?

CGC onsites at select shows. See front page for details

I will be attending a show CGC is setup at, how do I get books signed?

See one of the helpful staff at the show and they can get you going in right direction

If I want to sing the praises of someone, can i start a thread for each book?

NO, there is a kudos section in addition to multiple places stickied at top to post your gems

Where to post cool books

KUDOS THREAD

SIGNATURE SERIES KUDOS THREAD

Once I have agreed to send books to a facilitator, then what?

Fill out an invoice and prepare your books for the signing. Make sure to write all your information including board name on the back of each bagged board. INCLUDE your money plus any agreed upon facilitator fees. Pack your items well. Here are links to important threads.

KEVIN BOYD'S GUIDE TO PREPARING YOUR BOOKS FOR SIGNATURES

MICHAEL SCHMIDT'S GUIDE TO PREPARING YOUR BOOKS FOR SIGNATURES

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NOOBS

:popcorn:

NO

Exception you can get a signature added to the any raw Book with CGC witness. The DF signature will be counted as a defect lowering the grade noted as something written on cover, but the book will get a yellow label.

If you sub a raw book signed/sketch by itself only you can request a green qualified label, but that's it.

go ahead and send your book into CGC. let's see what happens :popcorn:

Already did "added" a CGC witnessed signature to two DF books. The grade took a hit from the unwitnessed signature down to a 7.5. The CGC SS label states the DF book numbering and notes the unwitnessed signature as "name written on cover in marker"

One side point though I have found out in my CGC SS submissions. If you submit a misprint or otherwise qualified type book for CGC SS then the qualified item I.e. print error, missing staple from printer, etc. counts as a defect & hits the grade since there is no green & yellow label combo. The error is listed on the label so the low grade does not throw off the book too much.

I said nothing about adding a witnessed signature. I said for you to send in your raw df book and get it graded as that's a continuous question on these boards. Seriously pay attention.

Oh man. I am the TOTAL n00b. Recently fallen in love with comics and just won three signed comics on eBay that I was oh-so-proud of.

Should've read this first.. can't get the SS obviously. So perhaps I should just go for normal CGC. Bummer.

Oh well - learn the hard way.