• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Was that Deathstroke's mask with an arrow through it in the opening scene?

Yup Deathstroke-arrow-cw-1024x575.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that Ollie was trained by Deathstroke on the island or something like that. It would be a good way to explain him going from playboy to what he is now.

Just watched Episode 3.

Well, Deadshot didn't last long. (shrug)

This was a good episode, much better than the last. I was almost ready to stop watching, but have my hopes up again.

The island flashback scenes should prove interesting in future episodes.

All in all, I'm liking it.

Maybe it is just me but it seems like they are using the names of writers and artist from GA past and present in the show. In episode 2 the judge was named Grell which could be a nod to Mike Grell and the file the girl was looking for near the start of episode 3 was for the Jurgens case unless I heard her wrong.

I like the fact the body guard found out truth..

I would have hated them dragging that forever

Me too. It would have been a little unbelievable if they had kept that up. I'm guessing he may end up as an Alfred-type sidekick, covering tracks at home and at the hideout/club.

Maybe it is just me but it seems like they are using the names of writers and artist from GA past and present in the show. In episode 2 the judge was named Grell which could be a nod to Mike Grell and the file the girl was looking for near the start of episode 3 was for the Jurgens case unless I heard her wrong.

Absolutely!

5.2 Reasons to Look Forward to the First Season of Arrow

The first episode alone contained a number of references for sharp-eyed and eared comic book fans. The biggest three of course came from the appearance of a certain villainous mask, the name Tommy Merlyn, and Ollie's sister's nickname of Speedy—but more on those a little later. More obscure references came in the form of some other names comic fans might recognize: Ollie's bodyguard Diggle (most likely after writer Andy Diggle who penned the critically acclaimed GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE), Judge Grell (after writer and artist Mike Grell, arguably the most influential Green Arrow writer in comic history), and Adam Hunt's security head Drakon.

Diggle the bodyguard, Andy Diggle wrote Green Arrow Year One

Caught up with the series tonight. Even though I am a Paul Blackthorne fan he seems to be the kiss of death for season two for a lot of shows he's a regular in. That's why I waited for a few episodes before I watched. Also quite nice to see Katie Cassidy again, she was the best female bad guy on Supernatural.

Really enjoying all the references and the story so far. I imagine Dig will end up like some sort of Kato/Alfred hybrid. Here's hoping it stays around a good long while.

They also had a father and daughter in Ep. 2 with the last name Nocenti. (I assume after Ann Nocenti)

They also had a father and daughter in Ep. 2 with the last name Nocenti. (I assume after Ann Nocenti)

The show is riddled with easter eggs.

Felicity Smoak was the IT employee working for Queen Industries and helped access the hard drive in the laptop that was shot up. In the comics, Smoak is a supporting character of Firestorm.

The show is riddled with easter eggs.

Felicity Smoak was the IT employee working for Queen Industries and helped access the hard drive in the laptop that was shot up. In the comics, Smoak is a supporting character of Firestorm.

It may have been mentioned but he called his sister "Speedy" and she has a drug issue also.