• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Anyone interested? The preview in WD #102 was only 3 pages and didn't give me much to go on. The premise sounds decent. Thoughts?

NOWHERE MEN #1

(W) Eric Stephenson (A) Nate Bellegarde, Jordie Bellair (CA) Nate Bellegarde, Fonographiks 'SCIENCE IS THE NEW ROCK 'N' ROLL.' So said Dade Ellis, Simon Grimshaw, Emerson Strange and Thomas Walker at the dawn of a new age of enlightenment that ushered in a boom in scientific advancement. As the research supergroup World Corp., they became the most celebrated scientists of all time. They changed the world - and we loved them for it. But where did it all go wrong? And when progress is made at any and all cost, who ultimately pays the price?

I got one. Read it. I will check out two. It is definitely a strange comic. For now I think that Think Tank > This. It is only the first issue after all.

Thats an easy one! Think Tank > Much of what is out right now.

True that! Only reason for the reference is because it feels like a similar vain. Great Pacific, Think Tank and now Nowhere Men...

I REALLY liked Nowhere Men. Lots of extra's jammed into the issue with the bios on the first couple pages and the magazine article in the back. It feels very well thought out. I liked the first issues because it jumped back and forth between time periods and didn't treat the reader like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person explaining everything. Gives you just enough to be interested but doesn't answer all the questions.

Also, visually it's well put together with the art / fonts / graphics. Looks like Eric is using the same people that do the lettering and logos for SAGA.

Loving all the science fiction stuff IMAGE has been pumping out lately. I haven't had a chance to check out Think Tank but if it's similar to this I'll have to check it out!