• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Working with Creators and Signings
1 1

92 posts in this topic

Most if not all creators... know what to do. They have signed more of their books than any of us lol. Of course, if they are using a ball point pen, feel free to politely ask them to use a sharpie you have,...

[font:Comic Sans MS]On the outside chance that the comics creator doesn't know and use them, what is the best pen for inner page sigs, especially BA & SA, so I can bring some for the signing?

:hi: Thanks

And I'm sorry, as I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times. I just can't figure out the search function. [/font]

Edited by Sulphur Server

Hi, I'm new, I used to collect comic books when I young but then I stopped in jr. high/ high school.

Now I'm in university and got back into collecting comics with the new 52. I've decided to only collect 3 series since that's all I can pretty much afford as a full time student.

I have a question which is related to getting a comic book signed, however the individual would not be the creator, rather an iconic person tied to the character/series in one way or another.

Example: I want to get all of my New 52 Batman variants signed by Adam West or Kevin Conroy.

How do I go about it if they are attending a convention I'll be attending? Should I also get the regular ones signed as well, or should I leave the variants to be signed by the artist who did that particular cover only?

Would the celebrity signatures devalue the comics since they are not the creators?

I would appreciate as much help on this as possible.

I would say that it depends on the celebrity and what you have them sign on. IE Mark Hamill on an Spider-Man no 1 would for sure devalue the book. But lets say you get his sig on marvels Star Wars No 1 that probably would not lower the value. So like Nick Cage on Ghost Rider, The cast of Walking dead on Walking Dead ect would not Lower the value, but may limit the market to people who are more fans of the celebrity than the book itself.

On how to deal with getting Autographs from creators on trick that I have implemented at the last con I went to, I made a mini short box, maybe big enough for like 25 books total and would fit nicely in my backpack with a divider. I then took some bags and boards and cut off the tops of them so there is no flap and they are like a top loader (top loaders are hard to come by in my neck of the woods) so I could quickly access the books (nothing sucks more than having to wait in line while everyone has to open their bags to give the artist a book to sign,) and these bags will hold 2 books nicely one on each side of the board, I then put the books I would like to get signed in the box with post it's on them so I could find them quickly. Once I get them signed I place them back in the bag, in front of the divider so I know they are "mission accomplished" This also allows me to keep my hands free and have a nice safe place to put any books I pick up at the show also.

Edited by Kitdog

I have a creator who is willing to sign books and do a sketch cover for me, but I'm not going to be at any show he's attending. What is the best thing for me to do? I do not want to have to travel to secure the items and would like to avoid a green label CGC. Please PM me for more details. I am very appreciative of any advice you may be willing to share.

Dear Artists and Creators,

If there ever comes a time when one of our Facilitators or a Contract Authorized Witnesses (CAW) makes you uncomfortable or puts you in an awkward situation because of a deal you already made with someone else, please contact CGC at 1 – 877- 662 – 6642 or email plitch@cgccomics.com, mbalent@cgccomics.com or scaffrey@cgccomics.com

We have rules of conduct with our Facilitators and our Contract Authorized Witnesses that they must abide by. They are as follows: (which states the relationship between CGC & a Facilitator):

In providing the Services, you shall be acting solely as an independent contractor and not as CGC’s agent for any purpose. As such, CGC will not be held accountable or liable for your actions and you may not make any representations on CGC’s behalf. You agree to act in a professional manner when dealing with authors, artists, creators, celebrities, CGC CAW’s, CGC customers and other CGC Facilitators. Nothing in this Agreement or otherwise may be construed to establish any employer-employee, principal-agent, partnership or joint venture relationship between you and CGC. You may not assign your rights to any other party without our prior written consent.

To reiterate, if a Facilitator or CAW causes you any trouble or headaches, please contact CGC. We will take care of it.

Thank you.