• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
81 81

26,858 posts in this topic

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

Simply ludicrous to have to wait 110 business days! For argument's sake, each week has 5 business days. We know CGC takes convention days off.

This means it takes 22 weeks? Roughly 5 months? s0623.gif

Thumbs-down-fail-thumbs-down-reject-smiley-emoticon-000748-large.gif

CGC is literally sleeping at the wheel.

S7081317-1.jpg

I would just forget about the books you submitted economy without fast track. It's going to drive you crazy thinking about how long it will take to get it back.

Just start paying the extra $8-10 for fast track.

I made sure to fast track at Baltimore. I can't wait 6 months for books anymore.

It's a slight exaggeration lol but there has been a few of late.

Yes there have been threads about this issue lately. You are correct.

However, I predict there will be MANY more threads started expressing frustration/displeasure if CGC doesn't do something to alleviate the mammoth backlog they have.

fist-shake.gif

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

PM Transplant for an update. (thumbs u

I called yesterday and they are grading moderns that they rec'd on June 6th. I have some WDs I subbed on June 20th. At least I know exactly where I stand without counting each day.

Should slowdown be expected with all the Baltimore Fast Tracks?

I subbed my first two books ever at Heroes which was at the end of June. I joked then that I wouldn't see my book again until Halloween. It looks like I was right. :tonofbricks:

I called yesterday and they are grading moderns that they rec'd on June 6th. I have some WDs I subbed on June 20th. At least I know exactly where I stand without counting each day.

I subbed my first two books ever at Heroes which was at the end of June. I joked then that I wouldn't see my book again until Halloween. It looks like I was right. :tonofbricks:

It's likely

Glad I saw this thread. I submitted a modern in June and its September and nothing. Now I know. Will wait until the end of this month to email customer service . But man it I knew it would take 3 months or more to get it back i might not have even sent it. Was getting it done as a gift for someone and that coming up so it will be a belated gift I guess. (When i sent it they told me by email it would take 2 months) . Oh well , not the biggest deal.

This precisely what CGC should be fearful of. Losing business from customers. Especially losing "new" customers who have never used their service.

Most companies would do everything possible to mitigate or avoid the above scenario.

Then again, as a de facto monopoly, CGC may not care. They have more than enough business sustaining them despite the explosive growth of demand for their grading services.

I would expect a slowdown from the Baltimore Fast Tracks. No doubt about it.

You definitely will not see your 2 comic books until Halloween at the earliest. I say near Thanksgiving in November would be a more accurate guesstimate.

I think most people are anxious for knowing the grade, I myself included. The actual possesion of a comic book should it be physically with me, at CGC, in abank vault etc, doesnt matter to me.

You have a point.

What is the lag time between the time CGC registers the book's grade on the website (where you can access it,) and when they physically ship it back to you?

I would think it's negligible amount of time, no?

I think most people are anxious for knowing the grade, I myself included. The actual possesion of a comic book should it be physically with me, at CGC, in abank vault etc, doesnt matter to me.

You have a point.

What is the lag time between the time CGC registers the book's grade on the website (where you can access it,) and when they physically ship it back to you?

I would think it's negligible amount of time, no?

It used to be a few days from scheduled to be graded/graded/shipped. Maybe 4-5 days at tops. I remember when fast track books would have greades sometimes by day 9. Seems that has gone the way of the dinosaur.

You can see some books (i.e. value) take up to two weeks to go from graded to shipped.

I know how hard they are working at CGC. It is not from a lack of effort. Do the math. They did 1,000,000 books in 9 years. The next million in 2. During that time period the staff has not grown to meet the need. Even if the present staff worked 24 hours a day it would be a miracle if they got TAT's to half of what they are. Again, not a dig on the present staff, they just need more straff to help balance the equation.