• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yes Ive tried....but I get no where. Heres hoping he messages me and follows through :wishluck:

I tried contacting the other ppl who bought from that thread to se if they actually got their items....

This really sucks :(

I wish I had extra cash to help you with your lost funds, this mess pisses me off so bad.

Agreed. The picture of a real black woman and the final line 'they live among us, they vote, and they breed' is KKK worthy and indefensible.

I'm sure we could find some dumb Norwegian that has similar attributes.

Hey I resemble that remark...

Agreed. The picture of a real black woman and the final line 'they live among us, they vote, and they breed' is KKK worthy and indefensible.

I'm sure we could find some dumb Norwegian that has similar attributes.

Hey I resemble that remark...

:lol:

Hey everyone,

I would like to nominate "YUJIRO" aka Abdul or even Kasin Raja to Probation or HOS. He had agree to purchase 2 books from me on 8/3 here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5898717&Searchpage=1&Main=267170&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5898717

And now will not complete payment. I have offer him several options to pay, and going back and forth with pm's. Then he tells me he will just stick to the original deal instead. Later a week and half goes by and now says he cannot follow through.

Sadly the same thing happened to me. Abdul has always been great to work with but after agreeing to purchase roughly $2500 worth of books he is now unable to due to a medical emergency in his immediate family.

I hope everything works out for him.

I would like to nominate excelsior1986 (Austin) for the probation list.

Around the time of the big scandal in which he was involved (about receiving charity money from the boards and spending it on comics), I felt he was being hammered pretty hard by some board-members.

I kind of felt bad for him, so I sent him a pm and started up a conversation giving him some support. He seemed like a nice kid and was very thankful of my giving him words of support. I told him to stick to his artistic dream and continue on with his education even if he hit through some hard times and it would pay off.

I complemented him on his talent and said I would even be interested in commissioning a piece when I had the extra money to do so.

Now my deal with Austin was a little open ended, and for that reason I have given him a lot of time as leeway, but he never shipped my piece. He DREW it, but I never got it, even though I paid for it.

Austin has been away from the boards and hasn't posted since August 3rd 2012. I have a feeling he is going through some kind of financial hardship again, but I also have a feeling that I am out my $55, which I have no ability to recoup, as I paid through personal paypal (my choice to save him fees and help him out)

Here is the nuts and bolts of our deal.

on 5/10/12 I began my pm with Austin (excelsior1986) I interacted with him for a few days and decided to order a commission.

on 5/13/12 I decided I wanted him to recreate Hulk 181 cover for me and told him so. I asked for a time payment deal in which I paid half for the art up front and would pay the rest of it when he completed the commission. Austin accepted that day and furnished his paypal address

on 5/18/12 I pmed Austin again and requested a total price including shipping He pmed back the same day a total of $55 shipped.

on 6/4/12 Austin had caught up on his commissions for order and pmed me to let me know he would be starting my cover in a day or two. On that day i sent $25 downpayment by personal paypal.

on 6/10/12, Austin finished my piece and posted a scan of it in the pm thread.

IMG_1315.jpg

He said he would get it packaged up and hold it for shipment until I paid the rest of the balance of $30.

Here is where I kind of dropped the ball (and in doing so probably cost myself $55)

I forgot about paying for the rest of the purchase. In June i was very busy and went to both Heroes con and then Supercon in early July, promoting the Tampa Bay Comic Con.

On 6/28/12 Austin sent me a reminder pm, asking when I would pay the balance. I apologized told him how busy I had been and said I would get a payment to him after I got back from Supercon. He was cool with that.

on 7/11/12 I remembered and sent him the rest of the payment $30, personal paypal.

on 7/12/12 he responded saying he'd have the commission in the mail this week.

I never received the piece.

On 7/21/12 (2 days after my bday) I sent a followup message asking about shipment of the piece. He responded that day he had not shipped the piece yet. He said it was because he had a showing of his work at a local comic shop and sold a few pieces and got a few commissions out of it. He said that he had shown my piece at the shop as an example of his work. He said he was out of town at his girlfriends house but he would get my piece in the mail on monday.

That is the last I heard from excelsior1986 (austin)

I am beginning to believe that MY piece was one he may have sold that day.

I sent another pm asking about shipment on 8/4/12, but it remains unread.

Austin has not posted on the boards since 8/3/12

I sent Austin an email to the address that I had sent the paypal to on 8/16/12 and received no response.

thus I would like to nominate him for the probation list.

I have sent a pm to him informing him of this notification.

I know of at least one other boardie that Austin has not delivered the goods to, because he pmed me.

I am really hoping Austin is okay. He seemed like a good kid and I really liked and want the piece that I paid for and he created.

I am currently in dire financial straights right now myself, so it is kind of ironic that when I tried to help someone out, they ended up taking advantage of me.

I am sure the burn the witch cries will be loud, but I am not for tying excelsior1986 to the stake and ushering him into the hall of shame, because I WANT MY PIECE! lol

I am uncertain if I will ever get it, or if Austin will ever come back, as since he has befouled the nest before, he probably has a pretty good idea of what will happen to him if he does come back.

I am hoping he is just having another financial crisis and got his internet turned off or something and will come back and make all his transgressions good.

I'm not holding my breath, though. And, so for now I am out $55 :sorry:

I am going to send another email to his personal email notifying him about this thread as well.

I am said boardie. I asked Austin to recreate Chamber of Chills 19. Paypal'd $62 bucks after it was finished on 7/26. Never heard from again. I filed a Paypal claim yesterday as my 45 day window was up.

What I'm upset about is the cover was amazing. I have sent a few PM's and let him know I opened up a claim. I still want the piece, so if there was a life hiccup I understand. I'm not going to just let someone keep my money though.

If you're reading this I hope everything is ok. But for now I second the probation.

100_3491.jpg

I have three commissions pending with him, I sent him three books, after no results came from the first two commissions, I have refrained from sending in a third payment...i am little hurt about htis..as he "pumped me Up" about how cool the projects were... :(

The kid does good work.

Too bad he doesn't realize how much more money he could be making if he just sent these out and secured future biz from other boardies.

Repeat bizness is good bizness.

Hate it for you guys tho. No one should have to go throught "the wait".

As in previous posts on this thread I had brought up 3 boardies no-names revealed...as I wanted to give each of them the chance to conatc me and clear things up...2 of 3 did and for that I thank those 2. As for the third Ive heard nothing....So regretfully...

I nominate 'ComicsAndCode ' to the probation thread. Purchased "Silver Surfer comics. #2(2x),#4-#10' on '05/28/12 ' , paid '05/28/12' by echeck(gift avoid fees) and it still hasn't arrived and they aren't responding to PMs (didnt read last 4 PMs or private emails). PM sent indicating I would nominate them to the Probation thread .

I hope they are ok and understand that life can get in the way but I would like to get this transaction completed.

Where it goes from here i dont know....wait and see. If anything if im out $225 US at least this can be a waring to others...dont use GIFT!! and second avoid dealing with comicandcode.

ComicandCode did contact me and assured me books have been sent out and apologies for the tardiness...so here is hoping. His explanation just hit a rough patch...as a buyer and some times seller I understand that (we all should) and give each person a fair chance. Life throws us hurdles...Sometimes we will stumble and fall, but given a chance the good guys will always get back on their feet. So will keep you all posted on my shipment :)

I would like to add campbelljh3 to the probation list. He has made it clear in another thread he has no intention of honoring a deal we made.

Details:

He posted this IM 55 in the PGM section

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5931889#Post5931889

I contacted him asking if he would be willing to sell it. Our reply's are documented below

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 10:38 AM

Matt,

Thanks for the input. If you decide you want for $675 let me know. I would have to charge $25 to ship it registered mail so I can insure and track it all the way to you. I love the book but personally thought I would get a 9.4 in comparing it to other books.

Best Regards,

John

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 02:05 PM

Matt,

Are you interested in the Hulk book as well? We could work a package deal out if you like:)

I have more room to move on the Hulk but would only sell if someone wanted both. I have had the hulk stored away bagged/boarded so paid a lot less than what it is worth now.

My reply 08/20/12 03:02 PM

Thanks but i already have a nice Hulk 181.

$700 is more than i wanted to pay but yeah lets do it. Please give me your paypal details.

Matt

campbelljh3 has removed themself from this topic.

My second reply 08/21/12 01:24 AM

So John do we have a deal? You asked $700 shipped and i said i would go for it but i noticed you removed yourself from the topic (shrug)

I would love to add it to my collection but if you've changed your mind please let me know so i can spend the money on something else :)

Matt

Today he's denied any knowledge of this deal in the thread below so not only is he not a man of his word, he's also a liar.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5990343#Post5990343

I wanted to wait the full 30 days to post this but people have advised i do it now since he has no intention of honoring the deal, there is no point waiting. Therefore i would like him added to the list.

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if it had just been the PMs. He removed himself from the topic, so he never saw your PM on the 21st, right?

But then he gets classically defensive and BSey ... on the list he goes!! :sumo:

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if it had just been the PMs. He removed himself from the topic, so he never saw your PM on the 21st, right?

But then he gets classically defensive and BSey ... on the list he goes!! :sumo:

I love the way you think.Maybe we should give him the benefit.......

Hang him! :headbang:

So what the heck? How does this work? Am I supposed to go to the list and personally add excelsior1986? or is some "keeper of the list" mucky muck supposed to do it?

The guy has stiffed multiple board-members on commissions.

Put that mug on the list! :sumo:

So what the heck? How does this work? Am I supposed to go to the list and personally add excelsior1986? or is some "keeper of the list" mucky muck supposed to do it?

The guy has stiffed multiple board-members on commissions.

Put that mug on the list! :sumo:

I believe it is self serve.

I would like to add campbelljh3 to the probation list. He has made it clear in another thread he has no intention of honoring a deal we made.

Details:

He posted this IM 55 in the PGM section

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5931889#Post5931889

I contacted him asking if he would be willing to sell it. Our reply's are documented below

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 10:38 AM

Matt,

Thanks for the input. If you decide you want for $675 let me know. I would have to charge $25 to ship it registered mail so I can insure and track it all the way to you. I love the book but personally thought I would get a 9.4 in comparing it to other books.

Best Regards,

John

campbelljh3 PM 08/20/12 02:05 PM

Matt,

Are you interested in the Hulk book as well? We could work a package deal out if you like:)

I have more room to move on the Hulk but would only sell if someone wanted both. I have had the hulk stored away bagged/boarded so paid a lot less than what it is worth now.

My reply 08/20/12 03:02 PM

Thanks but i already have a nice Hulk 181.

$700 is more than i wanted to pay but yeah lets do it. Please give me your paypal details.

Matt

campbelljh3 has removed themself from this topic.

My second reply 08/21/12 01:24 AM

So John do we have a deal? You asked $700 shipped and i said i would go for it but i noticed you removed yourself from the topic (shrug)

I would love to add it to my collection but if you've changed your mind please let me know so i can spend the money on something else :)

Matt

Today he's denied any knowledge of this deal in the thread below so not only is he not a man of his word, he's also a liar.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5990343#Post5990343

I wanted to wait the full 30 days to post this but people have advised i do it now since he has no intention of honoring the deal, there is no point waiting. Therefore i would like him added to the list.

Your case would be stronger with some details on the expression of interest or input that caused him to name a price for you.

Your case is also hurt by not responding before the second PM he sent because that could be interpreted as taking item A off the table and using it as a benchmark to upsell A & B together.

Just sayin'

:baiting:

Actually, I was in a PM with Bosco and when I thought it was done, I removed myself from the PM thread. He saw the notation that I removed myself and replied thus reactivating the PM thread.

EDIT: my original post was confused with another similar incident.

2nd EDIT: I just tested this with Lebowski and it didn't work so I guess the PM system had changed or it was just a fluke. Stranger glitches have happened through PM's.

Edited by Reader