• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Whats the deal here? thats a MONSTER book for a 10 feedback seller to be selling but seemingly looks legit no? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330788603459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

I guess, but I think I would try to build up more of a selling history before unleashing that book (and the AF 15) on an unsuspecting world. hm

Whats the deal here? thats a MONSTER book for a 10 feedback seller to be selling but seemingly looks legit no? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330788603459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

I guess, but I think I would try to build up more of a selling history before unleashing that book (and the AF 15) on an unsuspecting world. hm

yeah, seems odd to have 2 books like THAt with that low of feedback buying motor oil in germany hm

Im not very good at spotting scams on eBay but it seems legit doesnt it? Anyone have any idea who it is that owns the 8.0 Northland copy?

The verify CGC cert function doesnt seem to be working for me so i cant check the cert # right now.

Yikes seller from another country... It's a big gamble that's for sure.. BTW, something's fishy about the CGC serial number on the Hulk #1 hm Looks artificial

it does look weird!

The cert search works now and this is what it says

Certification Information

Certification #: 0197801002

Title: Incredible Hulk

Issue: 1

Issue Date: 5/62

Issue Year: 1962

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Grade: 8.0

Page Quality: OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Grade Date: 08/13/2012

Category: Universal

Art Comments: Stan Lee story

Jack Kirby and Paul Reinman art

Jack Kirby and George Roussos cover

Key Comments: Origin and 1st appearance of the

Incredible Hulk. 1st appearance of

Rick Jones Betty Ross and General Ross.

Census:

See Census Info

Notice, there is no pedigree designation there. I have quite a few Pedigrees and from what i can tell, EVERY single one of my few hundred Pedigrees say the Pedigree when you look up the cert # hm

Something definitely fishy here. can the board detectives get on this case please :wishluck:

book was recently owned and sold by a boardie....davidk9000? something close to that.

Hmmm, i didnt remember David having a Pedigree copy.

I guess there goes the sellers story that he bought it a few years ago at SDCC meh

the ebay picture used is a picture of the book, not the actual book...

scammer printed out a color picture of the book and put that post it note beside it...you can tell from the pixel resolution

scammer printed out a color picture of the book and put that post it note beside it...you can tell from the pixel resolution

Great detective work! I hope the auctions can be taken down somehow.. Would suck if the winning bidders paid and not receive the actual book.

Great detective work! I hope the auctions can be taken down somehow.. Would suck if the winning bidders paid and not receive the actual book.

Is Wilhelm Uthe still around?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2885368&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3605334#Post3605334

If you need another indication this can only be a scam: The book is located in Germany. The seller is willing to ship all around the world... but NOT to Germany;-)

I am located in Germany and that's what I read when I look at the auction: "Not Available to Germany"

Ha, ha....

Take him down.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to show off my ticket to the club! I picked it up last month and have been meaning to post the pic (along with others I had CGC'd the past couple of months)

IMG_8021.jpg

Edited by edu77

If you need another indication this can only be a scam: The book is located in Germany. The seller is willing to ship all around the world... but NOT to Germany;-)

I am located in Germany and that's what I read when I look at the auction: "Not Available to Germany"

Ha, ha....

Take him down.

You should ask and see if you can view both books in person hm

Ha, ha....

Take him down.

You should ask and see if you can view both books in person hm

lol

I'm pretty sure thats the EXACT reason why they are NOT available in germany hm