• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I would like to nominate "YUJIRO" aka Abdul or even Kasin Raja to Probation or HOS. He had agree to purchase 2 books from me on 8/3 here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5898717&Searchpage=1&Main=267170&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5898717

And now will not complete payment. I have offer him several options to pay, and going back and forth with pm's. Then he tells me he will just stick to the original deal instead. Later a week and half goes by and now says he cannot follow through.

Yes, on everything.

What date did you send the separate PM telling him he was being nominated here?

8/25

So lettuce know if anything came of it tomorrow or if you still want them on the PL. Hell, if nothing comes of it you can put them on the PL yourself. It is an open thread.

From your reply no one had any idea when you sent that PM. So get your act together and post some relevant data, OK.

And yes, that means ALL YOU, TOO!

:mad:

I would like to discuss a newer member here. At this point I will not name names. Just hoping sharper brains than mine see this as well.

1) PLMember was added to the PL. He also stopped posting around that time.

2) NewMember joined the boards a month later

3) NewMember used two images from PLMember in a larger Forum Only listing. These two are 100% identical down to scanner artifacting.

4) I PMd Member 2 to ask about this. I was told he had used Google Images to grab some of the images until he had time to properly scan.

5) I did not tell him what the 2 comics were. In his current thread one is now marked SOLD and no image. The other has had the image changed to remove any identifying similarities. This occurred between yesterday when I PMd him and today. Again, I did not specify the books.

6) He gave me a name told me I could send him a cent via Paypal to verify his name. His email was registered in Paypal but his name came back as unverified. He said he would link a bank account but it would take 6-8 days (reasonable knowing PayPal and the banks).

7) In a recently completed ebay auction, PLMember's name was actually part of a photobucket link right in the auction. BUT - this auction was run by a woman with the same last name as NewMember. She also had the same first name associated with both accounts.

Everything here is documented. PDFs of the two sales threads. PDF of the expired auction. ScrnPrints of the two books in question with side by side comparisons to the old and new listings. Screen print of the ebay auction showing the auction number (the pdf did not have it). An ebay email including that auction number from that auction in line 7 with the seller having the same last name as Member 2 (the new guy) claims to have. Email from PayPal about the unverified status.

And yeah, pasta boy, all of this was gathered from 8/28 until now.

Thoughts?

Edited by Povertyrow

I would like to discuss a newer member here. At this point I will not name names. Just hoping sharper brains than mine see this as well.

3) NewMember used two images from PLMember in a larger Forum Only listing. These two are 100% identical down to scanner artifacting.

4) I PMd Member 2 to ask about this. I was told he had used Google Images to grab some of the images until he had time to properly scan.

5) I did not tell him what the 2 comics were. In his current thread one is now marked SOLD and no image. The other has had the image changed to remove any identifying similarities. This occurred between yesterday when I PMd him and today. Again, I did not specify the books.

6) He gave me a name told me I could send him a cent via Paypal to verify his name. His email was registered in Paypal but his name came back as unverified. He said he would link a bank account but it would take 6-8 days (reasonable knowing PayPal and the banks).

7) In a recently completed ebay auction, PLMember's name was actually part of a photobucket link right in the auction. BUT - this auction was run by a woman with the same last name as NewMember. She also had the same first name associated with both accounts.

Everything here is documented. PDFs of the two sales threads. PDF of the expired auction. ScrnPrints of the two books in question with side by side comparisons to the old and new listings. Screen print of the ebay auction showing the auction number (the pdf did not have it). An ebay email including that auction number from that auction in line 7 with the seller having the same last name as Member 2 (the new guy) claims to have.

Thoughts?

Thats all good and great. But that is a lot of information to gather in two days... which makes me unwilling to comment further.

Everything here is documented. PDFs of the two sales threads. PDF of the expired auction. ScrnPrints of the two books in question with side by side comparisons to the old and new listings. Screen print of the ebay auction showing the auction number (the pdf did not have it). An ebay email including that auction number from that auction in line 7 with the seller having the same last name as Member 2 (the new guy) claims to have. Email from PayPal about the unverified status.

Thoughts?

Let's just cut to the chase here. I spoke with povertyrow tonight whilst in the middle of a fantasy football draft and he has really done his due dilligence working on this.

A seller screwed me on a deal earlier this year and was added to the probation list I then later found them selling on eBay with a new account. Same small town in Oklahoma and they had a link to photos in their photobucket account within the description of their auction. Same full name of the decietful seller was the folder which contained their photos! Povertyrow contacted me today with some questions about this seller and I told him all I could as I'm more than happy to out this rat yet again although I'm still in the dark as to their new identity here.

I'll go ahead and say it here as I probably should have before to warn buyers: probation list member WDMarvelComics = eBay seller "moderncomics" = William Blas of Noble, Oklahoma. Is there any way to note his current eBay ID alongside his board name in the probation list? He's had at least three ebay IDs including "toppstiffanycollector". I'm not sure if he has another board identity but he hasn't posted here as WDMarvelComics since our failed transaction.

Thoughts?

(worship)

Thoughts?

Let's just cut to the chase here. I spoke with povertyrow tonight whilst in the middle of a fantasy football draft and he has really done his due dilligence working on this.

A seller screwed me on a deal earlier this year and was added to the probation list I then later found them selling on eBay with a new account. Same small town in Oklahoma and they had a link to photos in their photobucket account within the description of their auction. Same full name of the decietful seller was the folder which contained their photos! Povertyrow contacted me today with some questions about this seller and I told him all I could as I'm more than happy to out this rat yet again although I'm still in the dark as to their new identity here.

I'll go ahead and say it here as I probably should have before to warn buyers: probation list member WDMarvelComics = eBay seller "moderncomics" = William Blas of Noble, Oklahoma. Is there any way to note his current eBay ID alongside his board name in the probation list? He's had at least three ebay IDs including "toppstiffanycollector". I'm not sure if he has another board identity but he hasn't posted here as WDMarvelComics since our failed transaction.

The irony of Topps Tiffany Collector being read as Topp Stiff Any Collector drips. Drips i tells ya.

Kong - thanks for the confirmation. As I said, I have documented (yes, gluten eater) everything in 2 days thanks to some outside help...a conversation with Kong being one of them.

I have the graphics, the PDFs, the PMs, the emails from PayPal. Just as an example, here are 2 side by side comparisons of WDMarvelComics (PLMember in my 1st post) vs WalkingDeadComics (NewMember in my first post).

First one shows WDMarvel on the left and WalkingDead on the right:

wdmarvel-left_wlkingdead-right_compare.jpg

Next one shows the same with a different book:

wdmarvel-left_wlkingdead-right_compare2.jpg

Note I have printed to PDF (thanks to CutePDFWriter Freeware) the full pages these appear so the seller names, dates etc. are there.

This was actually the very first step in comparing the two. A concerned boardie sent me the titles and links on the 28th in PM and that is what began this.

Again, the the PMs I exchanged with WalkingDeadComics I never mentioned the books (I still have the PMs) but they somehow were intuited and changed. (And I have the before/after PDFs showing that.)

Enough for now.

Then there is the fact that in his current sales thread, every one of the first couple of books posted was originally posted earlier that day by "Catwoman". The exact same sales language, pictures, bolding, prices, everything. Her sales thread "disappears" only to reappear being posted by WalkingDeadComics. (tsk)

In a WTB thread, "Catwoman" was looking for copies of early issues of Spawn on the cheap for her kids, because she is a "single mother" hm The very first response to the thread is from WalkingDeadComics, hm She even gets people to basically donate the books for just shipping hm.

It is just the fact that her sales thread "morphed" into his sales thread, with all evidence of her thread being erased, and his sales thread utilizing everything that her thread had (items, pictures, prices, conditions), that just raised a bunch of red flags :facepalm:

Wow, this is gonna be good! And tomorrow is Friday no less! :popcorn:

Some of you guys should be working for the FBI! (worship)

It was strange at first, because "Catwoman" was posting all these modern books at a high price, then next time I checked, WalkingDeadComics was the one selling the books. Didn't even bother to change the parts of the listings that were bolded, didn't even change any descriptions, grades, or prices. Just seemed kind of iffy :screwy:

To add a bit more now that names are coming out.

Faith Blas and Faith Mesa are cross-linked to each other. Faith Blas' name is used in Bill Blas' transactions. Note "Faith".

Blas is the PLMember's supposed name: Bill Blas. Mesa is the NewMember's name that was not verified on Paypal: William Mesa. (Bill - William???)

The photobucket links in ebay auction 160829303970 are (note the "wilblas" in the link)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/wilblas/Chew12VariantFront.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/wilblas/Chew12VariantBack.jpg

The responder of these auctions showing "wilblas" in the photobucket link, via ebay email, is Faith Mesa.

So we initially had a pairing of Faith Blas and Bill Blas and and end up with a pairing of Faith Mesa and William Mesa with Faith Mesa linking from a "wilblas" photobucket account?

Again, PDFs, ScrnPrints etc are all saved showing all of this.