• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Russ Cochran Comic Art Auctions - a 30 years Retrospective
2 2

1,169 posts in this topic

great memories for me here, i begun getting Russ auctions with #39 for what i remember, incredible arts in every auctions

i have to dig and help you on scanning Terry

No, no, please don't post any scans, otherwise you'll affect the continuity of what I'm doing (I'm scanning from catalog # 11 onwards).

The part that impresses me is how much of this still exists......most of the Frazetta's I've never even seen. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not everyone posts their art on CAF, so whatever appears new to you, here, ought to exist in private collections! :wishluck:

The auction date is clearly stated when I post a scan of the auction catalog (I post a scan of the cover, followed by selected highlights from that issue).

Everything is done sequentially.

Russ carried Neal Adams covers throughout a number of auctions (presumably from the stuff he bought from Sandy). Keep watching and more Adams cover art will be scanned . . .

Ah, ok got it. Been out of town the last several days and came in late, looked at a smattering of posts and didn't realize this was actually organized. Good stuff.

There is so much art here that is now off the grid so to speak, and so much of it is what I would collect if it surfaced again. At a slight price mark up I am sure. :D

Scott

The auction date is clearly stated when I post a scan of the auction catalog (I post a scan of the cover, followed by selected highlights from that issue).

Russ carried Neal Adams covers throughout a number of auctions (presumably from the stuff he bought from Sandy). Keep watching and more Adams cover art will be scanned . . .

Ah, ok got it. Been out of town the last several days and came in late, looked at a smattering of posts and didn't realize this was actually organized. Good stuff.

There is so much art here that is now off the grid so to speak, and so much of it is what I would collect if it surfaced again. At a slight price mark up I am sure. :D

Scott

And to hijack this thread for a minute, if anyone reading this has a line on virtually ANY of the Wrightson, Frazetta, Wood or Adams pieces being posted, drop me a pm! I am such a buyer.

Now back to Terry's scholarly work...

Scott

great memories for me here, i begun getting Russ auctions with #39 for what i remember, incredible arts in every auctions

i have to dig and help you on scanning Terry

No, no, please don't post any scans, otherwise you'll affect the continuity of what I'm doing (I'm scanning from catalog # 11 onwards).

heard (thumbs u

Scott

Me, too, Scott! :grin: