• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,834 posts in this topic

As per Dr. Banner's suggestion, we definitely need a discussion of L.B. Cole's best covers. I know we each have our own favorites, but the cover to Mask Comics #1 was the one that made me want to start collecting his work. My favorite Cole covers are the ones with bright colors and black backgrounds... (such as Contact 12, Mask 2, etc.). This particular copy is pretty sharp... the negatives are restricted almost exclusively to the spine which has a bunch of small creases and breaks. A tiny piece of the lower right corner is missing also. Other than that, it's very flat, sharp and glossy. I probably overpaid a bit about eight years ago, but who didn't when Cole was super hot back then?

627462-IMGP1961.JPG

627462-IMGP1961.JPG.6b3237ce22f12762558066d4076d8813.JPG

Edited by paull

Have seen neither of these Western Cole's. Man, they guy MUST have had a hyper-sense of color! Just stunning!

PS - the other covers posted are just great, too, but these two Westerns I've never seen.

Long May El Bee Be Remembered!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Pov, don't feel bad... My STT #11 is a beater, too!

Wow! $25??? You got a freakin' BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you know? I may NEVER upgrade this book! It tooks me a long time to find it and finally someone here on the boards (I would be able to REMEMBER who sold it to me if the PM limit hadn't caused me to prematurely delete all my PMs) sold it to me a year and half or so ago. It has a lot of intangible for me!

The STT #11 is pretty rough due to a spine roll, a tear in the middle of the cover and some soiling, but I was still thrilled to be able to buy it for $25. I don't think my LCS owner realized how in-demand the book is. He probably just put guide price on it at Good or less. At this point, I don't plan on upgrading it because there are so many other books I want to get.

I need to add that Horrors book to my want list!! cloud9.gif

After the big three, there are another half-dozen or so Cole sci-fi covers, and here's one of my favorites from the "b-side". It should be noted that this book was also printed in Canada, but the cover coloring is different...in a bad way.

627891-bb108_small.jpg

627891-bb108_small.jpg.ffcecd18a9e3fcb84c6bf6315c405ab9.jpg