• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

and now hes (gecko) going around replacing his posts with what appears to be dog scrotum...
And just the reason why we should keep the edit time for just 3 days and not a year as it was recently revised.

Kinda original I must say....actually a little kudos for him being so diligent with his edits.

I thought it was HIS scrotum.

But it's the final nail that he was a con man long before he ever came to the boards. But it's also a big sign that he's a coward since he ran away so quickly.

To those with Paypal disputes opened against you: if it were me, I'd absolutely call Paypal and explain the situation, and have the dispute expunged from your account...if you can. They'll be able to see his shenanigans, but it's hard to say if they'll do anything. It's worth a try:

1-888-221-1161

To those with Paypal disputes opened against you: if it were me, I'd absolutely call Paypal and explain the situation, and have the dispute expunged from your account...if you can. They'll be able to see his shenanigans, but it's hard to say if they'll do anything. It's worth a try:

1-888-221-1161

I called again today and actually got a very reasonable person on the phone this time.

I told him the situation and he advised me to send all the appropriate information to this e-mail address: complaint-response@paypal.com

By the way, the buyer closed the complaint against me about an hour ago.

It's clear to me that this is Hall of Shame level activity. Filing multiple Paypal claims for the most spurious of reasons, and then escalating said claims after being told to return the items for a refund? The buyer is clearly and methodically trying to commit fraud.

He *probably* won't get any satisfaction from Paypal, but in any and every event, they will require the items be returned, at the buyer's expense, first.

Have witnesses, sellers. Whether it's a camera, or people who can swear to it, make sure you don't open the package alone.

has he had ANY completed purchases w/o this move? Anyone? Looks like hes made 4 purchases since joining the boards on 5/27.

5/27 sold two raw Green Lanterns to divad

6/1 sold Deadpool run to c-mack

6/14 bought IC#4 and DCUOnline (slabs) from Darrell F (paypal dispute)

6/14 bought DD#8 CGCed from Gary Strange

6/21 bought Daredevil lot from rsortor

6/24 bought Thor #337 CGCed from Ghost Town

For the record: HOS = Yep.

The GL #2 he sold to me had a big ol' cutout (undisclosed, but actually pictured in the interior scan posted - if you knew what you were looking at). He refunded my funds after about 30 days, only after some rather unpleasant discourse, and the threat of a chargeback. He also left our PM strings three separate times. The whole transaction left me feeling "soiled".

and now hes (gecko) going around replacing his posts with what appears to be dog scrotum...
And just the reason why we should keep the edit time for just 3 days and not a year as it was recently revised.

Kinda original I must say....actually a little kudos for him being so diligent with his edits.

If he took the picture again and, for scale, put a tic tac next to them so we can see how much bigger the mints are, then I'd be inclined to agree.

I don't usually hang out around the Probation area, but man - this is great. These kinds of member derailments usually happen past my bed time.

A gecko scrotum?

Looks like cgcmod5 did some housecleaning. Way to go. :applause:

It looks like all of his WTBs have been scrubbed from the forum. Good work by everyone!

Well done guys, hopefully that nut is cracked and gone for good.

Edited by Peter Loves Gwen

A gecko scrotum?

I thought he posted a pic of himself getting a Roman Helmet. (shrug)

Guess I have to nominate darkness4life, now phobalicious. Popped the takeit on a book on 6/5. We PM'd and I let him know on 6/19 that I had the book in hand and was ready to ship. Got no response. Invoiced by Paypal with the email he gave. Got no response. Yesterday, he removed himself from the PM. I thought it might be an error and PM'd his in a new PM to ask if he intended to pay for this book. He has not opened the PMs.

phobalicious f/k/a darkness4life

1-888-221-1161

I called again today and actually got a very reasonable person on the phone this time.

I told him the situation and he advised me to send all the appropriate information to this e-mail address: complaint-response@paypal.com

By the way, the buyer closed the complaint against me about an hour ago.

Just got word that he closed the complaint against me as well -- looks like he got the message!