• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Pretty clear what this guy is doing. Trying to get refunds when one isn't due to get free books or partial refunds to get them cheaper. Nothing more than a conman since it's obviously happened to a few people. Should be added to the HoS.

I agree. Does this pattern of behavior go back more than 30 days?

The fact that it is Darrell, Mike and Barton is the most damning evidence. All three super solid marketplace denizens. What a sad deal this is.

+1

I'll admit, a missing top label annoys the hell out of me because i store my books lying on their sides on a bookshelf so the top label is staring out at me. When its missing, it just drives my OCD freaking crazy when i look at the shelf and see that gap where a missing top label book is sitting.

That said, i would NEVER ask for even a partial refund much less file a claim against someone because of that. All of that is moot though since Barton says the label was there which in my mind means 100% that is WAS there when this turd received the book. Doesnt really matter how much any of us believe in barton though since he has a freaking pic of the damn label!!!

Nothing worse than scamming scum like this gecko kid trying to get books for free! meh

I'll admit, a missing top label annoys the hell out of me because i store my books lying on their sides on a bookshelf so the top label is staring out at me. When its missing, it just drives my OCD freaking crazy when i look at the shelf and see that gap where a missing top label book is sitting.

That said, i would NEVER ask for even a partial refund much less file a claim against someone because of that. All of that is moot though since Barton says the label was there which in my mind means 100% that is WAS there when this turd received the book. Doesnt really matter how much any of us believe in barton though since he has a freaking pic of the damn label!!!

Nothing worse than scamming scum like this gecko kid trying to get books for free! meh

I don't have a pic of the top label, unfortunately. The scan of the top label from few posts back was a different book than what I sold to this guy. That scan was only to show that a missing top label bugs me so much that I Frankensteined one together with Photoshop. (We collectors are crazy about things, I know.)

The book I sold this guy was a Thor #337 CGC 9.8. And it was a new label book.

Ah, oops :blush:

Regardless, on the VERY slight chance it happened to fall off during shipping, no reason whatsoever to open a claim without even talking to you. Like i said, i cant imagine any respected boardie would EVER do anything like that, especially to someone like you.

based on everything going on here, it looks pretty clear he thinks he's found a little loophole that gets him his books for free meh

Nothing burns me up more than scammers and people who think they deserve something for nothing! :censored:

I don't have a pic of the top label, unfortunately. The scan of the top label from few posts back was a different book than what I sold to this guy. That scan was only to show that a missing top label bugs me so much that I Frankensteined one together with Photoshop. (We collectors are crazy about things, I know.)

Sorry that you are going through this with that buyer. Have you called paypal yet? Personally, I would just to state your case and stress that a missing label shouldn't really qualify for a refund. Plus, maybe it would alert Paypal to what this guy is really up to.

Hope this works out in your favor.

Sorry that you are going through this with that buyer. Have you called paypal yet? Personally, I would just to state your case and stress that a missing label shouldn't really qualify for a refund. Plus, maybe it would alert Paypal to what this guy is really up to.

I did call PayPal. Twice. The first time when he opened the dispute. The second time when he opened the claim. The agents I spoke to didn't exactly inspire confidence. It sounded like they were reading from scripts.

The second time I called I just wanted to be sure that they wouldn't issue a refund until I indicated that I received the returned book.

He has to provide PayPal with tracking information. And I'm thinking I'll videotape myself opening the box if I ever get it back.

I did call PayPal. Twice. The first time when he opened the dispute. The second time when he opened the claim. The agents I spoke to didn't exactly inspire confidence. It sounded like they were reading from scripts.

The second time I called I just wanted to be sure that they wouldn't issue a refund until I indicated that I received the returned book.

He has to provide PayPal with tracking information. And I'm thinking I'll videotape myself opening the box if I ever get it back.

DEFINITELY do that! I wouldnt put anything past this guy at this point.

[font:Book Antiqua] [/font] [font:Century Gothic]I don’t really mind about the top label,

but even if I do and was missing for a book I buy,

I will ask only for the $ 11.00 for the rehold,

I will not even bother for a full refund,

since I have the book I want,

in the grade that I desire...[/font]

2c

gotta add my gecko157 dealings to this thread.

he opened 2 paypal disputes against me: 1 for not receiving the package (he eventually got it) and this one last night for pages not being OW/W per the CGC label:

I would like to return this book. The pages don't seem to be the advertised ow/w on the label. The edges of the pages seem to be a dark cream and almost brown in color. Please send me your return shipping address.

wtf? I just told him to send it back and I'll refund the $150 when I get the book back. he will then go on ignore and I'm done.

I normally do not view this thread so was surprised when someone told me to come look at it again. I still do not think my book that I sent him was damaged but I settled just to get it over with and now I regret it.

Pretty clear what this guy is doing. Trying to get refunds when one isn't due to get free books or partial refunds to get them cheaper. Nothing more than a conman since it's obviously happened to a few people. Should be added to the HoS.

The fact that it is Darrell, Mike and Barton is the most damning evidence. All three super solid marketplace denizens. What a sad deal this is.

:hi:

I highly suggest making a video of the parcel, clearly showing the tracking #, and of it being opened.

I can say first hand that PayPal will side with the sender's tracking number over anything the recipient says. I lost that way in 2004 when a seller sent a box with just one of two books I bought. I didn't think of the chance of being had until I had opened it.

Have someone make a video, don't try to do it yourself with a cheap camera. I tested that idea later on in case I needed to another time. That didn't work very well, bad video.

+1

I refuse to deal with the guy. Is there anyway for everyone to file a complaint with Paypal against him to get the refunds back? Obviously, he is a conman and Paypal needs to get the refunds back.

Thanks for the support, guys. For what it's worth, it bugs me when the top label is missing from a slab. So much so that I took the time to photoshop together a replacement label. I'm not very photoshop savvy, so it took me a freaking long time.

FF56label.jpg

Brilliant! now i need to cobble a few together myself.

Ah....Gecko157, anything to say for yourself?

He would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids! :cry:

+1

I refuse to deal with the guy. Is there anyway for everyone to file a complaint with Paypal against him to get the refunds back? Obviously, he is a conman and Paypal needs to get the refunds back.

It's clear to me that this is Hall of Shame level activity. Filing multiple Paypal claims for the most spurious of reasons, and then escalating said claims after being told to return the items for a refund? The buyer is clearly and methodically trying to commit fraud.

He *probably* won't get any satisfaction from Paypal, but in any and every event, they will require the items be returned, at the buyer's expense, first.

Have witnesses, sellers. Whether it's a camera, or people who can swear to it, make sure you don't open the package alone.

It's clear to me that this is Hall of Shame level activity. Filing multiple Paypal claims for the most spurious of reasons, and then escalating said claims after being told to return the items for a refund? The buyer is clearly and methodically trying to commit fraud.

He *probably* won't get any satisfaction from Paypal, but in any and every event, they will require the items be returned, at the buyer's expense, first.

Have witnesses, sellers. Whether it's a camera, or people who can swear to it, make sure you don't open the package alone.

has he had ANY completed purchases w/o this move? Anyone? Looks like hes made 4 purchases since joining the boards on 5/27.

5/27 sold two raw Green Lanterns for to divad

6/1 sold Deadpool run for to c-mack

6/14 bought IC#4 and DCUOnline (slabs) from Darrell F (paypal dispute)

6/14 bought DD#8 CGCed from Gary Strange

6/21 bought Daredevil lot from rsortor

6/24 bought Thor #337 CGCed from Ghost Town

Ah....Gecko157, anything to say for yourself?

I think if he hasn't responded yet, he's probably high-tailed it out of here. Maybe someone should post his paypal ID, name and address so when he comes back with a different board name, people can recognize him and cancel the transaction before sending the book.

+1

So ... does Gecko157 go on the HoS?