• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Ther are reasons why Hulk 1 is often compared to AF15. One thing thats can be compared and is evident with AF15 is that the fuse is lit at both ends. Yes obviously high grade books will sell at mind blowing figures, but also down in the bottom where there are more people who can afford to drop a few grand you will see some fantastic sales like the one mentioned. Expect to see more

I expect to see more I just don't expect to see them in the next few sales. I'm thinking a sweet spot for a 2.0 is 2800-3200$ right now just based off the price of other available low/mid grades. What I do like the best here in this discussion is when I offered my 2.5 up for sale a month ago I was laughed at by several people with my price point before it sold. All the while I was quoting the 1.5 that sold for 2500$ there was no end to the people telling me that was a fluke based on the signatures inside the cover.

:preach:

Ther are reasons why Hulk 1 is often compared to AF15. One thing thats can be compared and is evident with AF15 is that the fuse is lit at both ends. Yes obviously high grade books will sell at mind blowing figures, but also down in the bottom where there are more people who can afford to drop a few grand you will see some fantastic sales like the one mentioned. Expect to see more

I expect to see more I just don't expect to see them in the next few sales. I'm thinking a sweet spot for a 2.0 is 2800-3200$ right now just based off the price of other available low/mid grades. What I do like the best here in this discussion is when I offered my 2.5 up for sale a month ago I was laughed at by several people with my price point before it sold. All the while I was quoting the 1.5 that sold for 2500$ there was no end to the people telling me that was a fluke based on the signatures inside the cover.

I certainly wasn't laughing. :taptaptap:

I always have said that in the lowest of grade, its all about eye appeal. Is eveery 2.0 worth 4k now, hell no.

me either, I thought it was a strong asking price, and was really hoping it would sell for that price.

that being said, would i pay 4 large for a Hulk #1 2.0? no i would not

Of course I never thought anyone would pay 1.1 million for an AF 15 either.

I feel bad for that guy now since there are 2 other 9.6s.

It sold for very close to the asking price Tortoise. The book is commanding decent numbers and I think come 2014 when Hulk movie adds are popping up and the 2nd Avengers is also coming out it will go crazy.

I think the Hulk will get more screen time in Avengers 2 because of his success in the 1st one.

Of course I never thought anyone would pay 1.1 million for an AF 15 either.

I feel bad for that guy now since there are 2 other 9.6s.

It sold for very close to the asking price Tortoise. The book is commanding decent numbers and I think come 2014 when Hulk movie adds are popping up and the 2nd Avengers is also coming out it will go crazy.

I think the Hulk will get more screen time in Avengers 2 because of his success in the 1st one.

You never know - guy who paid $1.1M might have been willing to pay $11M and felt like he got the steal of the century. OR, he may have flipped it privately and you should feel bad for that guy :):insane:

Yes, but Eric - you are very good as picking out nice books in grade!!

Thanks Joey!

it's just a matter of patience (which is DIFFICULT for me! lol) and the right timing :)

list bump

Bunky Brian 8.0 W page 50

SilverRich 7.5 W page 4

Max Carnage 7,5 W page 105

Junkdrawer 7.5 oww page 43

dem1138 7.5 ow page 111

roulette44 7.0 ow page 60

G.A.tor 7.0 page 40

Joeypost 6.5 oww pages 2,10

Green 6.5

FunkDoobiest 6.5 page 20

RedBeanNinja 6.0 White page 91