• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Yeah, if this is a "participation" variant instead of a true SDCC variant then a lot of people who wouldn't normally go to the show or get any variants could get their hands on this. I am getting the feeling that this could be one of the more common variants out there. I could be wrong, of course, but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Yeah, if this is a "participation" variant instead of a true SDCC variant then a lot of people who wouldn't normally go to the show or get any variants could get their hands on this. I am getting the feeling that this could be one of the more common variants out there. I could be wrong, of course, but it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

As far as I know though, you only get one per person and the tickets are like $70 each. So it's not like someone can buy a ton of them and resell. So there may be a large # of them out there but the people that also collect the comics probably aren't going to have duplicates. Having said that, I hope there are plenty and they aren't expensive because I'm going to need one.

Well, I guess it had to happen to me at some point. *SPOILERS* Abraham is dead and I'm pissed. I want this whole Negan business to explode, it better be worth the arrow he took to the head.

In light of a recent story on Bleeding Cool, the McFarlane cover and what I've seen Kirkman do in the past, I'm convinced that in issue 99 we are going to see Rick go down and be left wondering whether he is going to survive.

If you are laying out $70 to go through the "escape experience", it would probably be in the promoters best interest to throw a $4 comic book at you and ask you to "come back real soon!"

I don't see these being terribly rare. I hope I'm wrong, but at ten thousand participating, it will be more plentiful than the image expo variant.

If you are laying out $70 to go through the "escape experience", it would probably be in the promoters best interest to throw a $4 comic book at you and ask you to "come back real soon!"

I don't see these being terribly rare. I hope I'm wrong, but at ten thousand participating, it will be more plentiful than the image expo variant.

Hopefully they give the book out at the start of the course and then 9.8s will be SUPER rare! :idea:

I live in San Diego. The other day one of my co workers aked me of I've heard of the Walking dead escape. Said he and his friend were going to do it. The thing is, this kid isn't going to SDCC. So I wonder how many locals around here are also going to participate.. Could add a few numbers to it.

I'm not local but I'm going to do it! A little fun since I couldn't get into the con

My first two pieces of WD art arrived this week and I couldn't be happier.

I think this is an ideal example for my first panel page (I still don't know how I feel about this "small" art though hm )

TheWalkingDeadUSvolume81page20-Tome14page70.jpg

and then of course my first cover (I really like the character of Dale, especially the TV version) and I had a shot at the two latest WD covers but I wanted one where Adlard drew on more than one third of the page :pullhair:

wd65caf.jpg

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

Walking Dead #100 To Sell Over 300,000. The Best Selling Comic Of The Year?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/16/walking-dead-100-to-sell-over-300000-the-best-selling-comic-of-the-year/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

wow!

This would make the print run of of the 1:200 at about 1500 copies and climbing.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/16/walking-dead-100-to-sell-over-300000-the-best-selling-comic-of-the-year/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

wow!

This would make the print run of of the 1:200 at about 1500 copies and climbing.

Don't wanna say I told you so but I did post this on May 24th :whistle:

If one store in FLA is ordering 16,000 copies I can only assume that anyone betting on the number of #100 copies printed HAS to take the Over on 100,000 copies. I know my little 800 SQ foot LCS is ordering a minimum of 1,000 copies. What is Jamie Graham ordering for his 7-9 stores? What about Bedrock and his 3-4 stores?

In all honesty, a print run of 250k wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Jim

wow!

Nope.

If one store had ordered 300,000 copies, then the variant print run would be 1500. You have to split up the 300,000 between all of the stores in the world ordering the issue from diamond. We don't know how many of the accounts ordered 200 or more of the issue.

My first two pieces of WD art arrived this week and I couldn't be happier.

I think this is an ideal example for my first panel page (I still don't know how I feel about this "small" art though hm )

TheWalkingDeadUSvolume81page20-Tome14page70.jpg

and then of course my first cover (I really like the character of Dale, especially the TV version) and I had a shot at the two latest WD covers but I wanted one where Adlard drew on more than one third of the page :pullhair:

wd65caf.jpg

Jim

Great pieces! I know the smaller pages aren't nearly as awesome as the full sized 11x17, but it is what it is.

As for the cover, it's by FAR my favorite issue from the series. Congrats!

Edited by Phillip