• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,934 posts in this topic

It doesn't matter whether it was on-site or shipped to CGC. This is a book valued over $3000 so it has to be at walk-thru pricing (3% of FMV). I chose to do this on-site so I could bring the book with me and bring it back across the border. That alone saved me $100 in shipping and the hassle and worry of insuring the book and paying duties and taxes.

It doesn't matter whether it was on-site or shipped to CGC. This is a book valued over $3000 so it has to be at walk-thru pricing (3% of FMV). I chose to do this on-site so I could bring the book with me and bring it back across the border. That alone saved me $100 in shipping and the hassle and worry of insuring the book and paying duties and taxes.

What I am wondering is how they determined the FMV? Overstreet, GPA, or other price guide?

If you are willing to say, can you tell us what they found the FMV to be?

Also, do they tell you the FMV before or after the book is slabbed? Can you argue the FMV they give you?

Thanks.

Finally replaced the CGC 9.9 I had with taking some of the proceeds from that sale and bought a raw copy. I now have this for my private collection, :grin:

Graded at WW Philly a couple weeks ago.

scan0003-1.jpg

Now that deserves a (worship)

Got my WonderCon submissions today! Happy happy happy! Thrilled with the SiP 1 in particular! :headbang:

Not a huge collector of recent moderns. But I LOVED that Venom cover and wanted to preserve it in a pretty plastic shell!

SiP1.jpg

MegatonExplosion.jpg

WalkingDead27.jpg

Venom9.jpg

LadyDeath1.jpg

AvengersChildrensCrusade4.jpg

fantasticfour1.jpg

(worship) indeed!

Sorry if already asked but was this a comic you had a while or originally purchased, or bought from someone recently?

i just bought it sunday from a dealer at a small show here in knoxville tennessee

fantasticfour1.jpg

(worship) indeed!

Sorry if already asked but was this a comic you had a while or originally purchased, or bought from someone recently?

i just bought it sunday from a dealer at a small show here in knoxville tennessee

hm Doesn't really fit this thread then :shrug: Great book tho!