• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Good lord theres a lot of anger in the discussion area today...

Everybody just needs to step away from their keyboards for a minute or two... maybe have a tall glass of Tang... and then just relax a little.

Where's POV and is soothing posts when we need him ? :)

Poon tang?

They still make Tang?!? :cloud9:

Costco. :gossip: Big 'ol tubs of it. :ohnoez:

Really?!? I go to Costco like twice a month and i dont remember ever seeing it ???

Yeah. I found it there about a year ago. I hadn't had Tang in years upon years. I know we bought some the last time we were there which was about a month ago. I am in AZ so I don't know if it is a regional thing but I doubt it.

Really?!? I go to Costco like twice a month and i dont remember ever seeing it ???

Yeah. I found it there about a year ago. I hadn't had Tang in years upon years. I know we bought some the last time we were there which was about a month ago. I am in AZ so I don't know if it is a regional thing but I doubt it.

Its in AZ i know because my kids wanted to try it and picked it up from the local walmart in show low.

Its in AZ i know because my kids wanted to try it and picked it up from the local walmart in show low.

I thought I saw it at BJ's, which is like Costco.

Show Low has a Walmart? They must be shlttin in tall cotton now. :whee:

We just got electricty last week and the local newspaper said we might be getting running water soon. But in all seroiusness show low is been growing since in i moved up here 5 yrs ago from tucson.

We just got electricty last week and the local newspaper said we might be getting running water soon. But in all seroiusness show low is been growing since in i moved up here 5 yrs ago from tucson.

:foryou:

I haven't been there for a while. Probably ten years or more. My parents own some land outside of town that they were thinking of building a cabin on and never finished so we were up there quite a bit years back.

:foryou:

I haven't been there for a while. Probably ten years or more. My parents own some land outside of town that they were thinking of building a cabin on and never finished so we were up there quite a bit years back.

Kool well if you ever up swing by the lcs and say hi im usually around there from time to time.

I'm done selling to the UK. The only time I was ripped off on this board was by a UK boardie

I just said that I was ripped off before (a few months ago) from a UK boardie

Can you please name the UK boardie who ripped you off and in what way you were ripped off?

I'm done selling to the UK. The only time I was ripped off on this board was by a UK boardie

Can you please name the UK boardie who ripped you off and in what way you were ripped off?

Funny, I've only been ripped off by an American buyer but maybe I should stop selling to all Americans and British board members. I hear they're a whole lot of trouble too.

hm

Funny, I've only been ripped off by an American buyer but maybe I should stop selling to all Americans and British board members. I hear they're a whole lot of trouble too.

hm

My only issue has been with a fellow Canadian. I guess we are running out of countries to sell to :baiting:

hm

I just stopped selling to nigerian prince's they seem to never pay.

hm

I just stopped selling to nigerian prince's they seem to never pay.

What?!? I just got one offering $25 million for just 50k of my money! :banana:

Sounds promising! hm

I think I understand the rules as posted for this and I wanted to consolidate this into one place. SO with that I want to nominate WDMARVELCOMICS for the probation list. I'll try to keep this brief, although that's not possible. This should be complete however to this point.

short synopsis of facts.

I found these forums (which I am enjoying) while doing a google search for the books WDMARVELCOMICS had posted in this thread.

May 9, 2012 - Contacted seller via PM after finding the sales thread. This was the first transaction I initiated on these boards after finding this via google search for these particular books (WD Argentina). We exchanged a few emails until we hammered out a deal.

May 14, 2012 - Sent e-check via paypal personal, seller insisted on either this or that I cover their paypal fees. I was uncomfortable with both as I'm either out more cash that I feel the seller is responsible for (I've been in the mail-order business for over 15 years now and have never asked anyone to do either of these things, paypal fees or credit card fees are a small cost of doing business day to day. Also it is against paypal policy to require either of these of a buyer. The worst part of this is obviously the choice I took which was to send them a personal payment.

May 17, 2012 - E-check cleared. I also added another book on this date, that e-check cleared two days later. I was now in $1232.00

May 19, 2012 - hadn't heard from seller so I emailed an inquiry, on the 20th (Sunday) seller emailed back stating they had been having some personal issues and would ship the books "Thursday or Friday" and they would let me know when they shipped.

May 29, 2012 - emailed again and also PMd, no reply. Noticing that they were still very much active on this forum at the time I posted here looking for advice and also hoping they would see my post as well. Shortly after I posted in this thread he emailed me apologizing and adding some other comments including "The longer you're on the CGC Message Boards you'll see it's more of laid back selling forum and the normal time frame for a transaction is about 20 to 30 days unless other arrangements are made". This hasn't been the case with other transactions I've had here and there have been many. Having said that they seem like nice enough people and I'm still hopeful this will end well. He then shipped the next day via media mail (?!).

06-04-12 - Early this morning Wil sends me a partial refund ($251.00) for some books with the following explanation "I just noticed I forgot to put 4 books into your package, so I just sent you a refund for the 4 books and I wanted to let you know right away so there's no surprises when you receive your package." Included in those four books they 'forgot' until five days after shipment were the keys to the whole deal in that they were three issue #1s. I got a discount on the 1s and a couple of other key issues if I bought a bunch of commons for full pop. I wrote back asking him when he was shipping the other books and then after a coffee wrote again telling him if I don't get the complete order I want to return the entire thing for a full and complete refund. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I obviously have some reservations in doing so as I'm still out the bulk of the money. I don't think I'm out of line here but I can't think of any way to protect myself. In all honesty at this point I don't want the books at all now and would rather have my money back so I can just hunt the books down elsewhere..

I wrote again Monday night letting them know I just want a complete refund as I'm done screwing around with this. I still haven't heard back from them.

Meanwhile media mail is taking it's time with the box making it about 150 miles south in five days time. Another 250 miles to go so I might have the box by labor day.

06-05-12 - I PMd them as well with the same request and never heard back to this point via email or PM. At the end of day yesterday I got the media mail package, it sits here in my office untouched as I want nothing to do with it.

6-07-12 - The seller hasn't returned a single email or PM this week. I sent PMs with new titles etc informing them I was nominating them for inclusion on the probation list. Again the seller was WDMARVELCOMICS. Seems they have had prior issues. I just want my money back at this point. I'm still in for $981.00 and I'm pretty angered by this entire situation. Whatever is in this sad looking box here is nothing that I want and not what I ordered. I purchased a large order that has been compromised due to books being removed prior to shipment. I'm in for $981 and would like this money refunded to me via the way I paid it. I will return the books at that time in whatever manner the seller arranges me to do so.

Thanks for your time.

PS - I also just found this thread . Thanks GOOGLE!!

Edited by KONG

This boardie did state the following in a recent sales thread

I'm still trying to move some books from my Comic Collection. As some members already know, I've been out of work for the last 8 months due to medical reasons. I'm barely getting by day to day and my monthly prescriptions and doctor bills are costing me around $700 per month and that doesn't include any of my other monthly bills which are around $600 a month. So my total monthly bills are a little over $1,300 a month and for the last 5 months my monthly income has only been around $430. Because of this I keep falling farther and farther in dept. All of my credit cards are maxed out. On top of that I need to send another member a refund on a high dollar transaction. So any and all sales I make will help me out a lot!! I really don't know what to do anymore, I've been so stressed out for the last 8 months because of what's going on. I guess all I can do is keep trying to sell my Comics and Pray I can make the money to cover all of my bills. I really hope everything turns around for me soon.

[/b]

Not sure if this is still an issue with him, I don't know him at all, but it is worth noting.

Wow, that's a lot of personal information for a message board.

And don't worry, no one's laughing at your for using paypal personal. But yeah, it's not a great idea when buying from folk you don't know.

I agree. No One is laughing at you about PP Personal.

You sure?

which you sent via paypal personal?

lol

Like I said: "No One" is laughing at you.

:facepalm::hi:

:popcorn:

I am continually amazed at the level of bitter hatred that exists on these boards.

It is pure poison, but it most damages the one who engages in it.

Carry on.