• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Do you want to tap the Board's network and expertise to track down a piece of art that you've been looking for? Post the objects of your quest here and Boardies can either PM you or respond below.

I'll start - does anyone know where the cover to Defenders #125 (Carl Potts/Bill Sienkiewicz) is? It was the first "New Defenders" issue and was hyped as being the next X-Men #94. :roflmao: Of course, it's a dollar bin book now, but I still have fond memories of it. I've asked a lot of the usual suspects if they had ever seen it, but nobody seems to have.

Gene

126877.jpg.bf5d3c10fc941af2e830bb4509b22536.jpg

I would love to know where the cover to Avengers #92 resides.

Jay

You beat me to it! Also, I've never heard even a rumor of where the Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 cover is, or Batman 244 cover. I will offer finders fees for anyone who can help me secure one of these covers.

Scott Williams

I've been searching for the cover to Captain America 286 & 287 for awhile now. Any help would be appreciated.

I've heard that those two covers are still owned by the same person and he's passed up some rather large offers for them over the years. Who can blame the guy as they are both great covers.

If you want to own something close, best bet is to to try and track down one of the recreations that Zeck did a few years back - he did a few variations of each of those covers.

I like the idea for the thread. There are a few pieces I would not mind finding.

The only problem is I know there are people, who are probably reading this thread right now, who are taking notes of what everyone wants and will seek out the artwork and hold it hostage because they feel the person who wants it may do something irrational to get it.

I've also known people who sought out artwork on other people's want lists only to charge them some exorbitant fee for the contact information of the owner.

In a perfect world this is a great idea for a thread. If it weren't for the remoras firmly attached to the underbelly of comic art it would be even more enjoyable hobby.

Yeah, I'm reticent (Ogami reference) to share what I'm looking for openly as well, simply because of what Chris said.

Relatively shallow market with deep pockets and long tentacles, and all that...

Hello Guys,

Any chance anyone knows where the Todd Mcfarlane page from I beleive Spider-Man issue 9 is where Wolverine is holding a shotgun to a hunter and says now its time to meet your maker if he will take you. Great 3 panel page that was on ebay 10 years ago and was never able to find out where it went. Will pay a nice finders fee for any help in obtaining this piece. Also looking for Low Plains Drifter Heavy Metal cover and Judge Dredd vs Lobo cover by Simon Bisley.

thanks,

Matthew

PS If anyone on the board has any vintage Bisley paintings off the grid please let me know as there are much more then those 2 that I am looking for. =)

I like the idea for the thread. There are a few pieces I would not mind finding.

The only problem is I know there are people, who are probably reading this thread right now, who are taking notes of what everyone wants and will seek out the artwork and hold it hostage because they feel the person who wants it may do something irrational to get it.

I've also known people who sought out artwork on other people's want lists only to charge them some exorbitant fee for the contact information of the owner.

In a perfect world this is a great idea for a thread. If it weren't for the remoras firmly attached to the underbelly of comic art it would be even more enjoyable hobby.

I get your point Chris, but I won't allow myself to be extorted. I don't NEED these pieces I am looking for. I am quite happy with my collection as it stands now. I will pay a fair finders fee, and I will pay an aggressive price to buy what I am looking for, but I won't be bent over. The thing is, I do not believe that the pieces I mentioned specifically have seen the light of day in decades, and just knowing they exist SOMEWHERE would be of interest to me.

And one more, now that I've thought of it--Anyone know where the cover to Fantastic Four #60 is?

Scott Williams

I would love to know where the cover to Avengers #92 resides.

Jay

You beat me to it! Also, I've never heard even a rumor of where the Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76 cover is, or Batman 244 cover. I will offer finders fees for anyone who can help me secure one of these covers.

Scott Williams

Scott, if you find the Batman 244 cover, please ink in some hair on Batman's legs :lol:

Chris's point is a sad but true one, that said I think it is a nice idea for a thread, and if nothing else could consolidate the "Anyone know where X piece is" postings that pop up pretty much once a week. Might even be a potential sticky thread??

For my part I'd just like to see some of the art even if it ends up in another person's CAF gallery.

New Teen Titans 13: The battle might get bloody if this ever came on the market, but I'd just like to see the cover in all its original glory.

NTT13.jpg

Tales of the Teen Titans 47: I would love to make a run at this cover, have never seen it.

NTT47.jpg

And of course - the Bank would have to break, but this baby is just :cloud9:

NTTX-Men.jpg

I would really like to find TF 27... Something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time as one of the covers I would like to own some day.

6RreF.jpg

Also... I wouldn't mind knowing if this exists, even if I can't afford to own it myself. Just the fact that someone has it would be interesting to me.

tBA76.jpg

I would really like to find TF 27... Something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time as one of the covers I would like to own some day.

6RreF.jpg

I thought I saw something like this one at a public auction sometime in the last 12-18 months.