• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

My only really uber HG Spidey. They are just too expensive for me to go after until i finish my Avengers run. I dont know how you guys do it with the HG Spideys, i gotta slum it with the MUCH cheaper Avengers :sorry:

asm44.jpg

My only really uber HG Spidey. They are just too expensive for me to go after until i finish my Avengers run. I dont know how you guys do it with the HG Spideys, i gotta slum it with the MUCH cheaper Avengers :sorry:

asm44.jpg

Yeah, but I don't think Avengers books are going to be that much cheaper, for that much longer. :gossip:

Great book btw :applause:

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone on here have a complete list of every variant produced from the Amazing Spider-Man run? Everytime I think I've heard of all the variants, I hear of a few new ones.

I'm just wondering if any completists out there have a master list / checklist of some sort that includes all variant books as well.

If so, please let me know, PM me or email me at klineb82@hotmail.com , as I'd be interested in checking it out.

Thanks,

-Brad

Edited by Brad Go Blue

I'm sure someone here will know but you'll probably have more luck asking in the modern forum since a lot of people in here are like me and dont follow the moderns or variants at all.

Look at the registry sets for ASM variants. There is a set there which includes the official variants.

Hit the link in my signature for one of my sets, you can find them all listed there.

Just looked at your registry set and (worship)

Look at the registry sets for ASM variants. There is a set there which includes the official variants.

Hit the link in my signature for one of my sets, you can find them all listed there.

Spammer! :baiting:

lol

I only have about four of those 200 variants. I quit collecting about when those things began. I didn't mind the ASM 361 reprint, but the 362 didn't need one, and the cover price was too high then.

yeah, thats right when i quit also. I just couldnt justify buying 50 damn new books a month especially when i wasnt even reading them anymore at that point!

Just not in this thread :sick:

I finally stopped having 90's nightmares and don't want to start that mess up again!!! :o

lol

It's rough having grown up with the late '80s, early '90s stuff, because I have to listen to people all over books that I have fond memories of. I remember loving #365 when I bought it off the stands.

Not that I blame you, the '90s were full of carp, but I actually don't think the ASMs in the 350-365 range were bad. Things got really bad around #400 with the convoluted return of the clone ruining the legacy of one of the greatest storylines of the entire run (original clone saga).

Luckily, not knowing better, I picked out a lot of Marvel Tales books as a kid, so I'm nostalgic for a lot of the older stories too. One of the earliest ASM stories I remember reading was a reprint of ASM 92. :cloud9:

I loved the Michelinie(sp?) stuff......and the Ultimate material was great. After 600 issues it's tough to come up with original material.....and for what it's worth, I, too, was drawn to the earlier stuff through reprints.....Marvel Collectors Item Classics and Marvel Tales were must haves for me in the 60's.....I'd leave a new issue behind for one of those square bound wonders.....but, then, that stuff, to me, was "new" also. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd leave a new issue behind for one of those square bound wonders.....but, then, that stuff, to me, was "new" also

I bought a bunch of Marvel Tales before I had any conception of what a 'reprint' was, so I felt that too. I did notice a difference between the ASMs and Spectaculars I was buying, and the Marvel Tales, and I actually preferred the older stuff. I'm not sure exactly why, I guess there was just something about Romita Sr's art and the accessibility of the stories that drew me in.

So much of the older stuff was self contained.....1 or 2 issues and you were up to speed....I always liked that. Some stuff gets so complex it actually becomes tiresome to me. The McFarlane run seemed to recapture that earlier simplicity and I loved it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd leave a new issue behind for one of those square bound wonders.....but, then, that stuff, to me, was "new" also

I bought a bunch of Marvel Tales before I had any conception of what a 'reprint' was, so I felt that too. I did notice a difference between the ASMs and Spectaculars I was buying, and the Marvel Tales, and I actually preferred the older stuff. I'm not sure exactly why, I guess there was just something about Romita Sr's art and the accessibility of the stories that drew me in.

As I was reading this post, I thought that I had written it.

(thumbs u