TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3rd Rock From the Sun
 Originally Posted By: tth2
 Originally Posted By: Ariamus
 Originally Posted By: Marvelfangirl
Josh Hamilton has 20 HRs

Angels have won six in a row...

All they needed to get their season on track was to play Seattle. \:\(

Tell me about it; I've been on the pone all afternoon trying to get some emergency schedule modifications done...

Seriously though... the proof will be in the coming week's pudding. Angels host a pari of three-game series against first the Yankees and then the Rangers. The pitching match-ups are quite favorable to the Halos. Weaver and Haren start the first two against the Stanks and no Sabathia in this series. Then, Wilson and Weaver take the hill for the second and third games of the weekend series and Jerome Williams (who has been as good as any number five any MLB team could possibly hope for) gets a manageable match-up against Colby Lewis.

I'll be very happy with a split of the next six but taking four of the six would be serious evidence that the Halos will not go gently into the good night...

#5721143 - 05/28/12 12:40 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Ariamus]
Marvelfangirl Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: middle of nowhere,TX
 Originally Posted By: tth2
 Originally Posted By: Marvelfangirl
Josh Hamilton has 20 HRs

Angels have won six in a row...

All they needed to get their season on track was to play Seattle. \:\(

Tell me about it; I've been on the pone all afternoon trying to get some emergency schedule modifications done...

Seriously though... the proof will be in the coming week's pudding. Angels host a pari of three-game series against first the Yankees and then the Rangers. The pitching match-ups are quite favorable to the Halos. Weaver and Haren start the first two against the Stanks and no Sabathia in this series. Then, Wilson and Weaver take the hill for the second and third games of the weekend series and Jerome Williams (who has been as good as any number five any MLB team could possibly hope for) gets a manageable match-up against Colby Lewis.

I'll be very happy with a split of the next six but taking four of the six would be serious evidence that the Halos will not go gently into the good night...
But the Rangers have 9 good hitters on the team

#5724885 - 05/29/12 10:24 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Ariamus]
shirohniichan Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: South Central Orange County
Mickey Hatcher's firing means the clock is now officially ticking in earnest on Mike Scioscia's tenure as Angels manager... \:o

... at this point, if you told me my life depended on accurately predicting if Scioscia will still be the Angels' manager on Memorial Day, I'd party like there's no tomorrow for the next 11 days... just in case.

And as far as next season goes, even if the Angels win the World Series, I wouldn't stake my life on Scioscia's being back....

Things are looking up for Sciocia's job stability. \(thumbs u

Last night's win against the Yankees was huge. Weaver had to leave without even finishing the first, so the Angels' relievers had to keep the game under control while starting out with a 3-run deficit. \:o

Everybody seemed to pitch in, and the youngsters (Trout and Trumbo especially) looked really good. I'll be at the game Friday (against Tejas) and again on Tuesday (against Seattle). Let's hope their 7-game winning streak just keeps on rolling.

#5725047 - 05/29/12 11:33 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: shirohniichan]
mrwoogieman Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: THE LOST LAND
Yes, things are looking good, if burning out your bullpen and losing your ace for who knows how long are good things....

#5725056 - 05/29/12 11:34 AM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: mrwoogieman]
mrwoogieman Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Meanwhile, the Buccos are back to .500!

CEL-E-BRATE GOOD TIMES!! C'MON!!

#5726372 - 05/29/12 07:01 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: mrwoogieman]
Ariamus Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 3rd Rock From the Sun
 Originally Posted By: mrwoogieman
Yes, things are looking good, if burning out your bullpen and losing your ace for who knows how long are good things....

Umm... don't know what you're talking about much???!!!??? doh\!

"Burning out the pen"? How is it even feasibly possible to burn out one's pen when one is second in all of baseball and FIRST in one's league in quality starts? \(shrug\)

Prior to last night's start, the Halos had a run of 10 games where...

...the starter pitched into the 7th and beyond seven times.
...the starting pitchers notched a run of 68 IP (or just a smudge under seven innings per start), 39 hits allowed, and 18 earned runs allowed (2.38 ERA)
...the starting pitcher recorded a quality start NINE out of TEN times.

FACT: the Angels have one of the best starting rotations in the majors. Second only to, if anyone, the Phillies. And now, not even that, it would appear... hm

As for Weaver, yeah, last night was a bit scary. The last 20 hours or so have been really trepidatious. But as it turns out, it was only back spasms and he may not even wind up on the DL...

I really want the Angels to get four of six this week. It would prove they're pretty close to or even all the way back. So I really want Jered to be OK to pitch on Saturday. But if he needs to miss a start to be himself the rest of the way, I can live with that. My Halos have awesome starting pitching and I have faith they could withstand a couple of weeks or even a month without their ace. But I'd rather they didn't have to...

#5726669 - 05/29/12 08:12 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: Ariamus]
mrwoogieman Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Gracious, that's a lot of writing when all I meant was that the bullpen was called upon for a lot of innings last night! 5 relievers covered all nine innings.

doh\!

#5726696 - 05/29/12 08:18 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: mrwoogieman]
shadroch Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jet Blue Flight 711
 Originally Posted By: mrwoogieman
Gracious, that's a lot of writing when all I meant was that the bullpen was called upon for a lot of innings last night! 5 relievers covered all nine innings.

doh\!

These guys have to talk now. Lord knows they will have precious little to say in October. A three game series in May is about as good as its going to get.

Edited by shadroch (05/29/12 08:19 PM)

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

"Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you."

#5726744 - 05/29/12 08:28 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: shadroch]
NamesJay Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Tampa, FL
Angels do NOT have the best starting pitching.

Rays and Nationals are better, in my opinion.

#5727009 - 05/29/12 09:26 PM Re: The Official 2012 MLB Thread [Re: NamesJay]
shadroch Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Jet Blue Flight 711
Stand by for 10,000 words on why you are wrong.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master.

"Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you."

Page 29 of 185 « First<2728293031>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB NGC MS69 Quarters 2009-2014
by Kapimono
Yesterday at 11:57 AM
FSH; BU roll 1964 P Kennedy halves, $200
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:26 PM
FSH; $500 FRN VF with a problem *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:25 PM
1942 Walking Liberty NGC PF 67 CAC
by Mark T
10/20/14 05:32 PM
Comics Marketplace
Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 9.0 $825 Shipped
by bighaley21
Today at 07:11 AM
AMAZING COMICARTCOM COMIC-CON RETURNS! Batman 14nc, Subby 34 nc, Walt Kelly Art
by comicartcom
Today at 12:45 AM
Strange Tales #9, JIM #5, Amazing Adv. #1, Uncanny Tales #5 (2 DAYS ONLY) NICE!
by kramerarts
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Tibex82's Copper/Modern Fall Clearance. Keys, 1st's, Variants. C'mon in!
by Tibex82
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.037 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.