Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#5723325 - 05/28/12 06:31 PM Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest
spidercrazy Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

I don't know if this is anything that is even heard of in other parts of the world, but it's pretty big in Europe, actually the annual Eurovision Song Contest is one of the world's biggest tv productions with more than 40 countries participating. Each country first has a national contest to select their entry to the european grand finale, in which all countries come together in a big spectacular show. Since I am from Sweden, it was a very satisfying year because we won the whole thing!! Swedish star Loreen, with the entry 'Euphoria', is probably the best Eurovision winning song we have had since ABBA and 'Waterloo' way back in 1974.

Link to Youtube - this is from the swedish outtake:

Youtube

If the link doesn't work, just search for Loreen/Euphoria on Youtube, watch it, let me know what you think!

#5723345 - 05/28/12 06:35 PM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: spidercrazy]
goldust40 Offline

Captain Red Pants!!! AGAIN!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: London, England
I thought Englebert Humperdinck should've won.
#5723423 - 05/28/12 06:53 PM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: goldust40]
Ares Offline

FORUM CRIER

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: goldust40

How bad did he suck to come in second last

#5723475 - 05/28/12 07:12 PM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: Ares]
goldust40 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Ares
 Originally Posted By: goldust40

How bad did he suck to come in second last

All the songs at Eurovision are equally awful. Humperdinck's song was cheesy and trite but no worse than any of the others. People generally watch the show for the voting, and to see which country votes for whom.

Unless they've got something better to do.

#5723759 - 05/28/12 08:47 PM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: goldust40]
DrWatson Offline

"What are you armed with?"
"Guess."
"Guess?"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Twatosaurus rex
Is this even relevant any more? Does the winning song even hit #1 on any of the Pop charts?

"When in a room full of people and no one has your back; it's time to move your back." ~ Anonymous

I think that life's too short for this. I want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I've had enough of this. Blow me... one last kiss.

You can tell the truth or you can lie. You can say I left you or I died. Say I'm in the Himalayas on some spiritual quest and could spend years lookin' for the light. Say I'm in the witness program with the F.B.I. Say a U.F.O. abducted me from home. Well, you can say what you chose, but I tell you the truth. You can say for sure I'm gone.

July 25, 2009.

#5724433 - 05/29/12 01:52 AM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: DrWatson]
spidercrazy Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

'Euphoria' is currently #1 on itunes lists in 16 european countries. That is, if anyone thinks itunes is relevant.

#5724494 - 05/29/12 04:39 AM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: spidercrazy]
goldust40 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: spidercrazy
'Euphoria' is currently #1 on itunes lists in 16 european countries. That is, if anyone thinks itunes is relevant.

Coldplay are number one everywhere. Doesn't make 'em good. ;\)

#5724533 - 05/29/12 05:58 AM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: goldust40]
RedRaven Offline

Mr. Sensitive

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Texas Hill Country

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-05-25/opini...v?_s=PM:OPINION

\(shrug\)
 Quote:
Normally, its viewers don't associate "Eurovision" with global politics. The annual singing show is a camp retread of the cultural wasteland of the 1970s -- all crashing ballads, gaudy europop and singing penguins. Britain has signaled its contempt for the contest by sending 76-year-old Engelbert Humperdinck as its representative, a man once regarded as a stud but who now looks eerily like one of those Mexican mummies. The crooner was born two decades before Eurovision even started, and it's touch and go whether he'll survive the weekend.

#5724541 - 05/29/12 06:20 AM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: RedRaven]
Bane Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Reading, England
I wanted Greece to win, I like the singer.. not sure what the song was about, but I didn't care

No Jamie, you were one of a kind and you will be missed my friend. RIP.

#5724545 - 05/29/12 06:24 AM Re: Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest [Re: Bane]
RedRaven Offline

Mr. Sensitive

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Texas Hill Country
 Originally Posted By: Bane
I wanted Greece to win, I like the singer.. not sure what the song was about, but I didn't care

I concur with that. That gal was the only thing that sparked my interest in the competition this year.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Gold and Silver Certificate for Sale
by Ugakoivet
Today at 08:01 AM
WTB; PCGS/NGC Mercury dimes 1929 PDS through 1945 PDS
by cucamongacoin
Today at 02:17 AM
Silver Eagle, Maple 1oz, Shield Nickel, 3 Cent, Seated Liberty Quarts &
by FlipofaCoin
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
$20 FOLDOVER ERROR. MUST SEE
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
Comics Marketplace
*** FALL SLAB-STRAVAGANZA!! Slabs, Raw Sets, Variants, Trades, Randomness
by MadGenius
Today at 09:38 AM
FS "the walking dead", tony moore commission
by msr
Today at 08:32 AM
NM 98 Sale Thread
by KDUK
Today at 07:53 AM
Detective #85 CGC 8.0 (Joker) and Showcase #31 Highest Graded Copy (Aquaman)
by nearmint
Today at 02:57 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.