• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Image announced the following: "SAGA continues its soaring success with a sell-out of its third issue this week, as Image Publisher Eric Stephenson revealed in an interview with ICv2 that SAGA #1's sales are nearing 70,000 copies. The latest issue of the Brian K. Vaughan-penned, Fiona Staples-drawn epic series was called "stunning, entertaining, and revelatory" by Comic Book Resources. A second printing of SAGA #3 (APR128087) will be in stores on June 13 as well."

Image announced the following: "SAGA continues its soaring success with a sell-out of its third issue this week, as Image Publisher Eric Stephenson revealed in an interview with ICv2 that SAGA #1's sales are nearing 70,000 copies. The latest issue of the Brian K. Vaughan-penned, Fiona Staples-drawn epic series was called "stunning, entertaining, and revelatory" by Comic Book Resources. A second printing of SAGA #3 (APR128087) will be in stores on June 13 as well."

:sick:

(expected news to some / sad news for others)

I got confirmation from Fiona via Twitter that neither her nor BKV would be attending SDCC.

I nearly had a heart attack, for some strange reason I thought you was going to say they won't be continuing the series. :facepalm:

Edited by buddymagoo

so 37k for the 1st and another 37k for 2nd/3rd, etc....wow.

The actual numbers for the first print are higher than 37k in reality. The 37k projection is for U.S. initial orders and doesn't include U.K. orders or reorders. When publishers receive their numbers from Diamond, they don't get a breakdown of where the orders came from, just the totals.

so 37k for the 1st and another 37k for 2nd/3rd, etc....wow.

yes, i understand we're in a shrunken readership market vs. the 90s, 37K isn't that much. it precludes it from becoming a chew 1 type book, but look at what x-men 128s are fetching and the print-run on that was much higher and not THAT long ago either.