• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

imagine owning the first page from watchmen, or some other ICONIC book. it wasn't the best page from the issue, but it's still monumental....though time will tell if $8,500 was a good price or not. more than i'd have spent....but it's importance can't be under looked.

I want JJ's cover to #19. :taptaptap:

I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

imagine owning the first page from watchmen, or some other ICONIC book. it wasn't the best page from the issue, but it's still monumental....though time will tell if $8,500 was a good price or not. more than i'd have spent....but it's importance can't be under looked.

I want JJ's cover to #19. :taptaptap:

so do i. that's my OA holy grail

I wanted that page b/c it's where the whole story began. Yes, it's a 'boring' page but it's a scene I'll never forget from the comic and the tv show. Not sure it's a good investment at 9k, but it's something I wanted for my personal collection.

I wanted that page b/c it's where the whole story began. Yes, it's a 'boring' page but it's a scene I'll never forget from the comic and the tv show. Not sure it's a good investment at 9k, but it's something I wanted for my personal collection.

I agree that this was a huge key page and was a player at $4.5K but not $8.5K. I don't see it gaining much more in value and even then it will be a fairly small window to flip it in. This would have been a grail piece for me and I would have held onto it past the point of being able to make a profit on it. :)

I hear ya - and I respect it - I put an offer in too - around 5k - strictly as an investment piece - I actually think it will go up in value - I think all TM pages will - even those on his site at the 5k range...

Wow those prices are little high but good for Adlard he works on the hottest comic and should be able to price them for what ever he wants. (thumbs u

It looks like he raised his prices $100-$300 per page depending on whats on he pages (zombie, action,etc.) hm

Still plenty of older pages if any fans are interested but if you want a zombie page you are going to pay some top $$ for it :sorry:

I am just glad I got most of my OA before this because these prices make it tough to pull the trigger on a basic page with not much going on :(

No doubt artwork increases in value - but I think for artwork to increase it has to be good artwork

I have to strongly disagree with this one. If bad artwork didn't increase in value, half of the OA in existance would be available for free.

Value in the OA hobby is based first and foremost on nostalgia. The second factor is the importance of the art to the story/character, followed by the quality of the art.

How much did the New Mutants #98 cover sell for?

Was going to get another page this time round regardless but the ones I was interested in went PDQ (within minutes and hours of being up). Congrats to the ppl that snagged 'em :applause:

I'll get a zombie page or similarly another one that I just love the art in... eventually.

I hope that after the current arc zombies take less of a back seat in the action. Sure they seem less of a threat but there's endless possibilities and plenty I would love to see Kirkman write in...

- Going back in the timeline to build the outbreak backstory.

- Running an issue through the eyes of a walker. Could work really well if it is pursuing and listening in.

- Someone killing off Rick... but then realising that he managed to dress a walker in his uniform.

I could go on...

Edited by Garf

interesting. so now there's another south american version?

Says it was printed in Peru, interesting.

Those could be dangerous for scams, since they look very similar to the US versions.

I would love to see Kirkman write in...

- Running an issue through the eyes of a walker. Could work really well if it is pursuing and listening in.

- Someone killing off Rick... but then realising that he managed to dress a walker in his uniform.

I could go on...

+1

I would love to see Kirkman write in...

I could go on...

+1

No one dresses Walker except Mrs. Walker.

WalkerTitle.jpg

interesting. so now there's another south american version?

Says it was printed in Peru, interesting.

Those could be dangerous for scams, since they look very similar to the US versions.

The # 2 looks even more like the USA version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-2-SPANISH-EDITION-2012-BRAND-NEW-/160808260979?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2570eb5573