Page 1083 of 3477 « First<10811082108310841085>Last »
Topic Options
#5706126 - 05/22/12 11:50 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Hawkman]
brendanb438 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
 Originally Posted By: Hawkman
 Originally Posted By: Jerry S
 Originally Posted By: Tokay
I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

imagine owning the first page from watchmen, or some other ICONIC book. it wasn't the best page from the issue, but it's still monumental....though time will tell if $8,500 was a good price or not. more than i'd have spent....but it's importance can't be under looked.

I want JJ's cover to #19.

#5706133 - 05/22/12 11:51 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: brendanb438]
Hawkman Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Vertical
 Originally Posted By: brendanb438
 Originally Posted By: Hawkman
I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

imagine owning the first page from watchmen, or some other ICONIC book. it wasn't the best page from the issue, but it's still monumental....though time will tell if $8,500 was a good price or not. more than i'd have spent....but it's importance can't be under looked.

I want JJ's cover to #19.

so do i. that's my OA holy grail

1. Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #'s 7, 9,13 - VF-/NM
2. Batman (2nd series) # 1 - VF+/NM
3. Walking Dead (1st prints) #'s 1-6, 19, 27, 48, 61, 63 - VF+/NM
4. Walking Dead (2nd prints) #'s 2, 33 - VF+/NM
5. Manhattan Projects #'s 1, 1b - VF+/NM
6. Saga # 2 - VF+/NM

#5706142 - 05/22/12 11:54 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: JS]
Tokay Online   content
(S)uper Collector

I wanted that page b/c it's where the whole story began. Yes, it's a 'boring' page but it's a scene I'll never forget from the comic and the tv show. Not sure it's a good investment at 9k, but it's something I wanted for my personal collection.

#5706164 - 05/22/12 11:58 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Tokay]
brendanb438 Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, OH

I wanted that page b/c it's where the whole story began. Yes, it's a 'boring' page but it's a scene I'll never forget from the comic and the tv show. Not sure it's a good investment at 9k, but it's something I wanted for my personal collection.

I agree that this was a huge key page and was a player at $4.5K but not $8.5K. I don't see it gaining much more in value and even then it will be a fairly small window to flip it in. This would have been a grail piece for me and I would have held onto it past the point of being able to make a profit on it. \:\)

#5706169 - 05/22/12 11:58 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Tokay]
JS Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

I hear ya - and I respect it - I put an offer in too - around 5k - strictly as an investment piece - I actually think it will go up in value - I think all TM pages will - even those on his site at the 5k range...

#5706866 - 05/23/12 08:12 AM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: JS]
dhurley Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Wow those prices are little high but good for Adlard he works on the hottest comic and should be able to price them for what ever he wants. \(thumbs u

It looks like he raised his prices $100-$300 per page depending on whats on he pages (zombie, action,etc.) hm

Still plenty of older pages if any fans are interested but if you want a zombie page you are going to pay some top $$ for it

I am just glad I got most of my OA before this because these prices make it tough to pull the trigger on a basic page with not much going on \:\(

#5706993 - 05/23/12 09:13 AM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: JS]
Solar Offline
Posting Traumatic Stress Disorder

Loc: Delaware

No doubt artwork increases in value - but I think for artwork to increase it has to be good artwork

I have to strongly disagree with this one. If bad artwork didn't increase in value, half of the OA in existance would be available for free.

Value in the OA hobby is based first and foremost on nostalgia. The second factor is the importance of the art to the story/character, followed by the quality of the art.

How much did the New Mutants #98 cover sell for?

#5707408 - 05/23/12 11:50 AM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: Solar]
COMICKINGS Offline
Talkative?

Let the countdown begin!

WWW.WALKING DEAD100.COM

Edited by COMICKINGS (05/23/12 11:51 AM)

#5707470 - 05/23/12 12:13 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: COMICKINGS]
jjeanius Online   content

Can this issue possibly live up to they hype...?!?

Seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt it.

#5707909 - 05/23/12 01:52 PM Re: The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread [Re: jjeanius]
umyeahwhatevers Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: don't worry about it...
Just figured out the surprise of issue #100.
It is going to be like Jacob's Ladder.

We're going back to the hospital...

Edited by umyeahwhatevers (05/23/12 01:53 PM)

Page 1083 of 3477 « First<10811082108310841085>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
SOLD
by PrezErrors
03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
dave wnuck's mid-november new coin listing and newsletter
by michael
11/24/14 01:36 AM
Comics Marketplace
'Ya wanted turkeys? I got ya turkeys right here' sale
by Bosco685
A few nice ASMs for your Thanksgiving Day pleasure!!
by Columbia Comics
Amazing Spider-Man #238 & #300 for sale. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
by Columbia Comics
3 Sweet Key Books FS
by retrothecollector
Advertisements

Generated in 0.375 seconds in which 0.364 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing